6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Order delayed due to Hailstorm

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2003, 06:15 AM

Order delayed due to Hailstorm

I ordered my Majestic Blue '04 Maxima with Journey package in May and the dealer told me it would be delivered in August. I just called the other day to get a status and the Sales Manager informed me that I *probably* wouldn't get my Max until October. He said that due to the Hailstorm in May all orders are taking waaaayy longer because they have to support 11,000 dealerships with new cars and building special order cars. WTF!!! He said that Nissan is loosing customers because of the problem. I wonder why??? I would think that Nissan would put the special order cars at a higher priority than the others.

Anyone else had this long of a wait or is the dealer giving me a load?

Darren
Old 07-19-2003, 02:00 PM

Sounds like a load of s*** to me. I ordered my MajBlue 04 on May 4th, and it was delivered June 26th. There might be a slight delay, but certainly not until October. I'd dig a little deeper - talk to the sales manager and see what the deal is.
Old 07-19-2003, 05:56 PM

I spoke with him again today and he said that another reason for the delay is that since the GPS system is now in the Murano and the Pathfinder replacement they are putting them in cars as fast as they get them from the manufacturer. bradwhaw46-do you have the Journey package?

I got the car for $200.00 over invoice so I wonder if he's jacking me around so I take my deposit back and go elsewhere. I'd imagine that the Maxima's are fetching the dealerships so pretty good dealer incentives so they're making more than the $200.00. He said he would give me a great deal on one of their repaired hail damaged cars or another no options installed '04 SE.
Old 07-19-2003, 06:55 PM

Originally posted by HydroPnik
I spoke with him again today and he said that another reason for the delay is that since the GPS system is now in the Murano and the Pathfinder replacement they are putting them in cars as fast as they get them from the manufacturer. bradwhaw46-do you have the Journey package?

I got the car for $200.00 over invoice so I wonder if he's jacking me around so I take my deposit back and go elsewhere. I'd imagine that the Maxima's are fetching the dealerships so pretty good dealer incentives so they're making more than the $200.00. He said he would give me a great deal on one of their repaired hail damaged cars or another no options installed '04 SE.
I don't have the Journey - I have the Driver Preferred, Sunroof and HLSD. It would depend on what the demand is in your area - hard to think that he'd accept your deal at $200 over invoice, order the car, then try to jerk you around to sell it to someone else (although this *is* a salesman we're talking about. ). A more plausible theory is that the dealership screwed up and didn't order your car as they should have - thus causing a major delay. Stick to your guns - you have a great deal and they should honor it as is. Keep working your way up the chain until you talk to someone who can give you a satisfactory answer.
Old 07-19-2003, 07:21 PM

It should not take that long, my car... exactly the same as you ordered, was suposed to be here august 6-8th. I ordered it June 8th... well ninth I guess is when it was placed.

Anyways, I looked around and found a Elite package with the moonroof about 200 miles away from here, and asked my dealership about it, they said they would get it. It is supose to come in sometime around now, after business hours, so tomorrow, I'm going to go pick it up. I might run down there later and see if I can sneek a peak, as long as they didn't lock it up in the detail bay.

My initial deal was 1000 over invoice, then they started jacking me around telling me about 5 different delievery dates, (from 5 different people) so I complained, and they are giving me this one for 800 over invoice with free transport... or what would amount to about 300 bucks over invoice, if I had to pay the transporter.

Your place is screwing with you. You should ask them what your VIN is, they should get it less then a week after they placed the order (even if the car doesn't exist yet, and isn't started down the assembly line). Then have another dealership trace it, and see where YOUR car really is.
Old 07-20-2003, 08:12 AM

Thanks for the tips. I'll push the dealership for some answers tomorrow and post what happens.
Old 07-20-2003, 11:56 AM
RDM

It took me 4 days of searching the entire Northwest before I got my Journey package. There was only three SE automatics with journey package to be found in a five state search...I got mine and love it
Old 07-20-2003, 02:01 PM

Where in the NW are you at? I'm in Yakima.
Old 07-20-2003, 04:59 PM
RDM

I am in Kennewick, I found this car using the Nissan web site where you build the car online with the options you want, then search for that car in local dealers inventory. The dealership down here told me there was no SE Maxima's with the Journey package anywhere to be found and would be waiting up to 90 days to get one, I don't think so!

After entering a zip code for Seattle in the Nissan seach I pulled up all the Nissan dealerships in the SEA TAC area. I found my car at Auburn Nissan but they wanted 500 less MSRP and wouldn't move. I then called Burien Nissan and got the car for $800 over invoice ($31,800) and they drove 20 miles to get the car from Auburn. I flew up to Seattle on the 4th of july to drive it home. Man do I hate car salesman.

Click on my profile to see some pics.
Old 07-21-2003, 03:43 PM

I got mine yesterday at about 5. I ended up putting close to 200 miles on it last night. I had it sent from Gladstone, Oregon, which I guess is right outside Portland. I ended up paying 35199.41 for it out the door with tax and license, the sticker with the MSRP on it says 35010, so I think I got a decent deal, I really wanted to stay under 35000. But whats another 200 bucks compaired to that?

I guess the car that I actually ordered WILL be here the 6th or 7th. So thats almost 2 months exactly from when the order was placed.