6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

VDC Question

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2003, 07:06 PM
BRB

VDC Question

Hi folks.
I'm new to the board and soon to be new to the Maxima. I have an SL on order and I have a question for which I have been unable to find an answer. I ordered my Maxima with the VDC option. My 01 GMC Yukon has traction control and it can be disabled via a dashboard button. Is the VDC on the Maxima such that it can be diabled or is it full time/ all the time?

Thanks in advance,
BRB
Old 07-28-2003, 07:46 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: VDC Question

Originally posted by BRB
Hi folks.
I'm new to the board and soon to be new to the Maxima. I have an SL on order and I have a question for which I have been unable to find an answer. I ordered my Maxima with the VDC option. My 01 GMC Yukon has traction control and it can be disabled via a dashboard button. Is the VDC on the Maxima such that it can be diabled or is it full time/ all the time?

Thanks in advance,
BRB
There is a button on the dash you can press which disables VDC.
Old 07-29-2003, 05:50 AM
BRB

Re: Re: VDC Question

Originally posted by marmadogg

There is a button on the dash you can press which disable VDC.
Thanks marmadogg. I had been unable to find the info. and all 6 Maxima's our local dealer had were without VDC.
Old 07-29-2003, 08:17 PM

You mean to tell me that know one at the dealership could answer that?
Anyways, welcome to the board. BTW...how close to Dothan is Holt, and do they have a 1/4 mile track or is it still 1/8 mile?
Old 07-30-2003, 06:15 AM
BRB

Originally posted by tampamax
You mean to tell me that know one at the dealership could answer that?
Anyways, welcome to the board. BTW...how close to Dothan is Holt, and do they have a 1/4 mile track or is it still 1/8 mile?
They probably could have but I wasn't at the dealership when I thought of the question.

Holt is near Tuscaloosa, which is 3.5 to 4 hours from Dothan. Dothan is in the southeast corner of the state, so much so that i'm nearly a Floridian. There is a drag strip in Cottonwood which is only 20 miles from Dothan.

Thanks for the welcome.
Old 07-30-2003, 10:06 AM

Originally posted by BRB

They probably could have but I wasn't at the dealership when I thought of the question.

Holt is near Tuscaloosa, which is 3.5 to 4 hours from Dothan. Dothan is in the southeast corner of the state, so much so that i'm nearly a Floridian. There is a drag strip in Cottonwood which is only 20 miles from Dothan.

Thanks for the welcome.

The Holt i'm speaking of is in between Cantonment and Crestview off of I-10. I believe Dothan is within a stones throw and Holt is were my old friends run. As a matter of fact you can see the interstate from the track.
Old 07-30-2003, 12:16 PM
BRB

Originally posted by tampamax

The Holt i'm speaking of is in between Cantonment and Crestview off of I-10. I believe Dothan is within a stones throw and Holt is were my old friends run. As a matter of fact you can see the interstate from the track.
Ah, Holt, FL. You are correct in the location in regards to Crestview, but Dothan is a good hour via I-10. I was unaware of a race track being there. I grew up around the Florala, AL area, which is just north of Crestview.