6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Beware of needing parts

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2003, 04:50 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Beware of needing parts

I have an 04 SE, I took delivery 2 months ago. It was a dealer locate, it had about 300 miles on it. The car made noises in the right front, it was diagnose as a bad axle assembly. The boot had somehow been damaged, all the grease leaked out. I have been waiting 7 weeks for a new axle, Nissan, USA says I just have to wait for the parts to be available, they have a busy production schedule and parts are needed there. Nissan has been unbelievably poor to talk to and they have done nothing so far but lie to me about possible delivery dates for the parts. Beware!
Old 07-31-2003, 08:51 AM

That sucks, I am sure this has to do with the hail storm, they are trying to punch out as many cars as possible... It took a long time to get my replacement gauge cluster for the same reason.
Old 08-02-2003, 02:00 PM

Re: Beware of needing parts

Originally posted by stevek
I have an 04 SE, I took delivery 2 months ago. It was a dealer locate, it had about 300 miles on it. The car made noises in the right front, it was diagnose as a bad axle assembly. The boot had somehow been damaged, all the grease leaked out. I have been waiting 7 weeks for a new axle, Nissan, USA says I just have to wait for the parts to be available, they have a busy production schedule and parts are needed there. Nissan has been unbelievably poor to talk to and they have done nothing so far but lie to me about possible delivery dates for the parts. Beware!
i had the same problem with the skyview assembly...they couldn't get the part...i started the lemon law process right away, and writing letters of dissatisfaction to nissan...it was a painful process, but in the end i got a brand new car that doesn't seem to have any problems yet.

your case may be diffferent, because they may deem the problem your fault, but you might want to try...i would hate to see you still posting the problem 3 months down the road.

good luck
Old 08-02-2003, 06:29 PM

The car is simply too new. They are making the cars faster then they can make "replacement" OEM parts. We had a 04 Maxima at our shop for body work and it sat here for 3 months. The time was wasted waiting on parts from Nissan.
Old 08-05-2003, 07:38 AM

I have the same issue with the CV boots leaking. Mine have been on order for over 3 weeks now, so I called the dealer to find out what was up. They told me that there is a national backorder of the CV boots... and that they'd "notify" me when the parts became available.
Old 08-05-2003, 07:49 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally posted by studman
I have the same issue with the CV boots leaking. Mine have been on order for over 3 weeks now, so I called the dealer to find out what was up. They told me that there is a national backorder of the CV boots... and that they'd "notify" me when the parts became available.
I'm guessing you have a similar issue to what I have been told. It's not that the parts on on back order, they have yet been released to the dealers, they simply will not take from those planned for production to support reapir of sold cars. The NYS Attorney General is trying to help me get the axle. So far Nissan doesn't even answer them.