6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Faulty Brakes caused me to wreck my 2004

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2003, 08:11 PM

Faulty Brakes caused me to wreck my 2004

I have had nothing but problems with my 2004 Maxima. I purchased it from Carmax in April of this year, and experienced nothing but problems that the Nissan and Carmax dealership gave me problems with. It Started with the exhaust pipes being misaligned, my vents wouldn't open and close, my buttons on the radio wouldn't work, then my automatic **** became loose, and my radio sounded like the speakers were blown in the back, finally my car started to cut off on me. Just last week I was driving and my car cut off on me again, locking up my breaks causing me to skid into the curb, ripping my wheel and lower control arm off. Nissan sent their investigator to inspect my car, of course, he said that he couldn't find anything wrong with the car, go figure. I'm about to start a Law Suit (maybe class Action)is any one going through any of these same problems?szymon.kraszczynski@trustms.com
Old 08-04-2003, 08:15 PM

GOOD LUCK
Old 08-04-2003, 09:44 PM

So.... the brakes just locked up randomly without you pusing down on the pedal? Or are you saying that the ABS didn't work?
Old 08-05-2003, 06:24 AM

Originally posted by ch13f
So.... the brakes just locked up randomly without you pusing down on the pedal? Or are you saying that the ABS didn't work?

I was slowing down to stop at a red light, my cars electronic started to flicker on and off and my abs brakes locked up. This happened to me before where my car cut off on me last month.
Old 08-05-2003, 08:09 AM

Does anyone know how i can get intouch with anyone other then a rep. in corporate?
Old 08-05-2003, 01:42 PM

My brakes locked up on me when I pressed on the brake pedal to slow down to a red light, that's when my abs light came on and all the electrical lights started to flicker on and off, locking up my brakes, throwing me into the curb.
Old 08-05-2003, 02:21 PM

Re: Faulty Brakes caused me to wreck my 2004

Originally posted by SzymonK
I have had nothing but problems with my 2004 Maxima. I purchased it from Carmax in April of this year, and experienced nothing but problems that the Nissan and Carmax dealership gave me problems with. It Started with the exhaust pipes being misaligned, my vents wouldn't open and close, my buttons on the radio wouldn't work, then my automatic **** became loose, and my radio sounded like the speakers were blown in the back, finally my car started to cut off on me. Just last week I was driving and my car cut off on me again, locking up my breaks causing me to skid into the curb, ripping my wheel and lower control arm off. Nissan sent their investigator to inspect my car, of course, he said that he couldn't find anything wrong with the car, go figure. I'm about to start a Law Suit (maybe class Action)is any one going through any of these same problems?szymon.kraszczynski@trustms.com
sounds like you have a lemon for sure......sorry about your luck.
Old 08-05-2003, 03:02 PM

how many miles do you have 2004 maxima
what model is it se or sl?

have you taken the for service

do have paper work on all your problems from nisan service

what do uou live in

thank you paul
Old 08-05-2003, 03:28 PM
Moderator GT-R

I was slowing down to stop at a red light, my cars electronic started to flicker on and off and my abs brakes locked up. This happened to me before where my car cut off on me last month.
If the incident happened as you described, you don't need anyone at corporate or advice from an Internet forum. You need an attorney. I would want out of my loan or lease, down payment refunded, rental car reimbursement and attorney fees.
If you can afford it, I wouldn't let anyone touch it before you engage an attorney. I sure as hell wouldn't be contacting anyone at Nissan on my own.
Old 08-06-2003, 01:44 PM

what did they do for the missalighned exhaust???
Old 08-06-2003, 01:59 PM

It's no longer made in Japan and it shows here. This is sad.
Old 08-06-2003, 02:20 PM

Sounds like you did not read your owner's manual. The address for the corporate moderation board is in there. Was the vehicle used or new? What are your state's lemon laws like? If corp does not resolve to your satisfaction and the car was NEW then contact the Atty General's office.

Good luck!
Travis
Old 08-06-2003, 06:52 PM

Re: Re: Faulty Brakes caused me to wreck my 2004

Originally posted by mattman2003

how many miles do you have 2004 maxima
what model is it se or sl?

have you taken the for service

do have paper work on all your problems from nisan service

what do uou live in

thank you paul

Paul, My SE 2004 Maxima has about 5100 Miles on it. It's been in service about 9 times already, and I do have all the paperwork. I live in Atlanta Georgia. Do you have any suggestions for me?
Old 08-06-2003, 06:57 PM

Re: Re: Faulty Brakes caused me to wreck my 2004

Originally posted by specv

what did they do for the missalighned exhaust???

The did a horrible job trying to bend the left exhaust back in to it's original form. You can still see a difference in height.
Old 08-07-2003, 08:46 AM

so is it worth it trying to have them fix it??? or just leave it alone
Old 08-07-2003, 10:33 AM

Re: Re: Re: Faulty Brakes caused me to wreck my 2004

The did a horrible job trying to bend the left exhaust back in to it's original form. You can still see a difference in height.
pitiful.
Old 08-07-2003, 12:37 PM

Re: Re: Re: Faulty Brakes caused me to wreck my 2004

so is it worth me going to fix it? or will they mess it up evan more?? sorry about your car? dou have pics of the exhaust?
Old 08-07-2003, 06:48 PM

Originally posted by specv
so is it worth it trying to have them fix it??? or just leave it alone

I would, because it is very noticable. And once I noticed it on my car, every time I walked behind it, I saw a difference.
Old 08-07-2003, 07:28 PM

JUST CONTACT YOUR BBB IN YOUR STATE
THANK YOU PAUL
Old 08-07-2003, 08:08 PM

specv - The two posters who had their tailpipes realigned (was several months ago, and I don't remember their IDs) said the dealer had to adjust the MUFFLERS, not the tailpipes, in order to straighten the tailpipes correctly.

szymonk - the 'speaker rattle' has been reported many times, and several who got it fixed said it turned out to be a loose parcel shelf. One poster who said the fix worked perfectly said the dealer put caulk (or some other goo) around the shelf where it is attached, and the rattle disappeared.

Your electrical problem is the first major one I have seen here. That problem would cause all kinds of other problems, as so many things in cars now depend on electricity.

I am sad you seem to have gotten the first true lemon I have read about here. Good luck in the courts (or wherever you take your problem).
Old 08-07-2003, 08:37 PM
OT n00bs FTMFCSL

Almost sounds like severe water damage (like a flooded car). Either that or they severly screwed up your engine/chassis wiring harness...
Old 08-08-2003, 04:17 PM

On your car that had the locking brakes issue- Do you have VDC?
Old 08-10-2003, 09:24 AM

i got my exhaust fixed.. i didnt bring it back to nissan, i took it to minakee muffler and took them all of two minutes to fix it.. there was a pic of a bracket posted on here. alls u have to do is loosen up the bracket move the muffler over and presto its fixed, tighten the bolts back up and its straight.. mufflers look great now.. cost me a wopping 5.00
Old 08-11-2003, 02:17 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Yeah, but you just voided your warranty. (HA!)
Old 08-11-2003, 02:23 PM

Originally posted by MaxMaybe
Yeah, but you just voided your warranty. (HA!)
no i didnt they didnt change anything at all.. loosened up the bracket moved the muffler and thats it.. lol
Old 08-12-2003, 05:17 PM

were you driving fast?
Old 08-17-2003, 08:42 PM

No, I was actually slowing down to stop at a red light (35-45mph), and the car started to malfunction (lights were coming on and cutting off) and brakes then locked up, and I slid into the curb.

Originally posted by 95emeraldgxe
were you driving fast?