6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

good news..... and bad news lol

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2003, 07:07 PM

good news..... and bad news lol

well the goodnews....... this week i noticed my fuel econmy got greatly better, from averaging about 16 in the city the way i drive to 18-19 driving the same way.

highway also imporved the same, i guess the engine is finally getting to like me lol..... got 3500 miles now

now for the bad .... rock flew up and chipped my windshield

but allstate is the best insurnace ever, they are replacing it just for that under 1 inch star for free, no deductible, no insruance raise! lol

hopefully i dont have any issues its getting done tomorrrow

anyway just wanted to share, take care guys
Old 11-05-2003, 08:07 PM

So they are replacing your glass or fixing the star.? I work for a rental car company and deal with glass vendors a couple of times a month or more. In my opinion, the best is to have the star repaired by a professional if you can instead of replacing the glass b/c the replacement glass will likely be of inferior quality to the factory glass. Anyway if you do replace your glass make sure they do a "full cut" and prime the pinch weld before replacing the glass for the best glass install. Just a heads up for you....
Old 11-05-2003, 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by winterk
So they are replacing your glass or fixing the star.? I work for a rental car company and deal with glass vendors a couple of times a month or more. In my opinion, the best is to have the star repaired by a professional if you can instead of replacing the glass b/c the replacement glass will likely be of inferior quality to the factory glass. Anyway if you do replace your glass make sure they do a "full cut" and prime the pinch weld before replacing the glass for the best glass install. Just a heads up for you....

already done and replaced, he did a good job i watched the whole thing...
Old 11-06-2003, 07:46 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

The factory glass is stupidly fragile to begin with. I can't see how a replacement windshield could be any worse.

CM.
Old 11-06-2003, 04:26 PM

Just going by what I've seen, the glass replacement places usually buy the cheapest galss they can get their hands on so they can have lower prices....
Old 11-06-2003, 06:12 PM

As long as you are getting OEM glass it does not matter. Every reputable shop that I have been to uses quality glass.

As for your insurance, almost every insurance company will do that with full coverage. There are even a couple companies around here that will come out to your car, replace the window, and if your deductable is less then 200 bucks they will give you money back! (They charge full retail price and buy in bulk, that way they can allow for $200 deductable for the customer. That is a good selling point, no out of pocket expense, and a new windshield.)