6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Woo Hoo!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2004, 06:11 PM

Woo Hoo!!

It's on the truck! My sales dude called with my VIN. He says delivery should be next Wednesday. I picked a VERY good week to take vacation next week

Okay, I've already made sure to pack my tire gauge to check for overinflation, will check for shimmy/rattles/all electrical systems on a thorough test drive, will look at nav screen to make sure there's no debris on the inside. I've already requested that they NOT attach the front plate frame, any dealership stickers, or touch the paint in any way (I don't want swirleys on my still soft clearcoat). I'll wait for a month or two and give it the Meguires total treatment.

Anything I'm missing??

Sheesh, I don't remember being THIS prepared for my first CHILD! We didn't have forums back then though.....
Old 02-04-2004, 06:19 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by Max Cat
It's on the truck! My sales dude called with my VIN. He says delivery should be next Wednesday. I picked a VERY good week to take vacation next week

Okay, I've already made sure to pack my tire gauge to check for overinflation, will check for shimmy/rattles/all electrical systems on a thorough test drive, will look at nav screen to make sure there's no debris on the inside. I've already requested that they NOT attach the front plate frame, any dealership stickers, or touch the paint in any way (I don't want swirleys on my still soft clearcoat). I'll wait for a month or two and give it the Meguires total treatment.

Anything I'm missing??

Sheesh, I don't remember being THIS prepared for my first CHILD! We didn't have forums back then though.....
Have them hand-wash the car with soft cloths, then dry with terry toweling while you watch. Bring a friend to help you check the paint before you drive it home. Also, check display sreen for scratches on inside surface. DON'T LET THEM RUSH YOU!
Old 02-04-2004, 07:28 PM
detailerdaveb@gmail.com

totally. Take your time overlooking the car.
Old 02-05-2004, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by Max Cat

Anything I'm missing??

Congrats, Max Cat! Don't get too hyper ... the car will probably be blemish-free right off the truck, but they'll fix anything that isn't. I agree on the buffer marks, but most dealers apply a creamy sealer/wax as part of make-ready and you do want that. It's so dang good that your car will never again look as good as when it's delivered!

Since your car is such a recent build, I'll be amazed if you have any of the issues you've mentioned. Mine is a 10/03 build and it has no shimmy, no lint behind the screen, no rattles, no nothing it isn't supposed to have.

Throw in some pix when your baby gets here!

Mike