6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

2005 maxima

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2004, 12:58 AM

2005 maxima

hi everyone! im planning to buy the new maxima but idont know if i should wait for the 2005 maxima or buy now the 2004 maxima..just curious, does anybody know when will the new 2005 maxima coming out? i know the 2004 came out last march(2003)
Old 02-12-2004, 08:30 AM

I would say just wait it out. I purchased my ride last april and there are just a few little things that I am not completely satisfied with.
The fit and finish seemed a little rushed. The glove compartment didnt close flush, the cd skipping in cold conditions, the outside trim is coming unglued, alot of little things they need to address.
I have always loved Nissan products I just think they need some time to adjust to the new plant in Tenn.
Old 02-12-2004, 07:41 PM

so you think the 2005 will come out about april, if so ill wait for the new updates if there is some
Old 02-16-2004, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by juanwoo
so you think the 2005 will come out about april,...
I doubt it. The '04 was an early release of a new gen Max, I'm reasonably sure the '05 Max will be released in the fall. We probably won't see another early release until Nissan refreshes the 6th gen Max, as they are doing now with the 3rd gen Altima for '05.
Old 02-16-2004, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by MAXSE-RIOUS
I doubt it. The '04 was an early release of a new gen Max, I'm reasonably sure the '05 Max will be released in the fall. We probably won't see another early release until Nissan refreshes the 6th gen Max, as they are doing now with the 3rd gen Altima for '05.
well, im thinking of getting 04 max now but im just afraid of all the complains i see in this board, i just hope these max made in december came better. what u think about your max or i should i wait until fall or is it going to be the same as 04 max?
Old 02-16-2004, 02:02 PM

well, im thinking of getting 04 max now but im just afraid of all the complains i see in this board, i just hope these max made in december came better. what u think about your max....
I got my '04 Max in early April, and I luv it!... Personally, I've had no problems at all, but I'm sure Nissan has already addressed some of the early build issues discussed by others on this board.
Old 02-16-2004, 02:24 PM
Moderator GT-R

well, im thinking of getting 04 max now but im just afraid of all the complains i see in this board, i just hope these max made in december came better. what u think about your max or i should i wait until fall or is it going to be the same as 04 max?
A lot of people found this place looking for the answer to a problem they were having with their Maxima. I found maxima.org searching the Internet when I was having some problems with my 5th gen AE. So you can get a biased cross section of people here.

I don't know about waiting for the '05. Nissan may fix some of the 'first year problems' but don't hold your breath.
My 01 had first year problems and it was a second year car.
Some things were never taken care of even in the 02/03 models. Go read the 5th gen board for validation or this point.

In fact, if the 5th gen isn't just a 4th gen with some new sheet metal hung on it it missed a good chance. So you could make the case that they haven't really built a decent Maxima since the 3rd gen.
Old 02-17-2004, 05:34 AM

You will find that most folks with problems will vent on this board but the folks that never have a problem don't post anything about that. I don't think the 04 Max has problems any more so than any other car in it's class. The new 04 Acura TL has a lot of unhappy folks posting over at http://acura-tl.com.

Personally, I have not had anything major wrong with my 04 Max. However a couple minor issues... rear deck rattle, sun visor rattle, nothing mechanical.

The shimmy that a lot of folks talk about… not on my car. I have Continental tires which ride good. They did have a little flat-spotting at first but after about 1000 miles of break-in that has even gone away.
Old 02-18-2004, 10:17 PM

Some great responses on this thread. Very true that a person having problems is both more likely to be here, and far more likely to post here.

As far as fixing whatever problems may have popped up in the '04, those would normally be fixed as soon as an economic fix is found. Few 'fixes' will be tied to the changeover to the '05 Maxima. I would almost bet that the only difference between the '04 and '05 Maximas would be some cosmetic finagling with the front and rear ends. At least, that is what usually happens the second year of any 'generation'.

Although fall is the normal 'release' time for the following model year, Nissan has often had the new models sneaking onto the dealer's lots in August, or even July. Especially since the '04 will have been out a year a few weeks from now.
Old 02-19-2004, 01:48 PM

I've had some minor issues but nothing major.

As for when the 05 will be released; we will probably see them hit the showrooms in mid-late august, with an official mid septemember release, that is normally how cars are released.

As for waiting for the 05, I really wouldn't. I mean, if Nissan finds a fix for a problem, they will fix it then, (they have done this already) not wait 6-8 months, and decide to throw the fix on the newest model. If you want the best possible 6th Gen Maxima, you should wait untill the 7th Gen is announced, and hitting showrooms. That way you are sure that Nissan put every fix possible into the car. I'm guessing you don't want to wait 3 years to buy one, so, buy one now. (a late build date car) There will more then likely be no more issues with it then with a 05 model.

The only reason I can see to wait for a 05 is their may be possible changes to the interior or maybe the bumpers, but I would not hold my breath for a second on that.
Old 02-19-2004, 02:08 PM

The wife and I are still very, very happy with our 04 Maxima. We have yet to have a problem with the car. Maybe it was built on a Wednesday Actually, the one problem is she never lets me drive it. We have three cars and she only drives one, her Max. I would like a little seat time now and then.
Old 02-22-2004, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by Redsand187
I've had some minor issues but nothing major.

As for when the 05 will be released; we will probably see them hit the showrooms in mid-late august, with an official mid septemember release, that is normally how cars are released.

As for waiting for the 05, I really wouldn't. I mean, if Nissan finds a fix for a problem, they will fix it then, (they have done this already) not wait 6-8 months, and decide to throw the fix on the newest model. If you want the best possible 6th Gen Maxima, you should wait untill the 7th Gen is announced, and hitting showrooms. That way you are sure that Nissan put every fix possible into the car. I'm guessing you don't want to wait 3 years to buy one, so, buy one now. (a late build date car) There will more then likely be no more issues with it then with a 05 model.

The only reason I can see to wait for a 05 is their may be possible changes to the interior or maybe the bumpers, but I would not hold my breath for a second on that.
I too doubt any serious upgrades this soon to the 6th gen Max, however with Nissan already upgrading the Altima interior.......I would expect the Maxima interior to be upgraded relatively soon to keep it more upscale than the Altima......from the pics I have seen the upgraded Altima interior is much nicer.....VERY SIMILIAR to the 6th gen Maxima.....