6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

04 max dynos

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2004, 03:01 PM
92 SE-R 02 SE

04 max dynos

anyone?

Old 02-19-2004, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by 92 SE-R 02 SE
anyone?

04 owners don't care about performance. As a matter of fact this forum has not generated anything interesting about the car since coming on line. It must be that the new Max has lost its appeal as a "sports" car.
Old 02-19-2004, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by jvitale
04 owners don't care about performance. As a matter of fact this forum has not generated anything interesting about the car since coming on line. It must be that the new Max has lost its appeal as a "sports" car.

Oye! Would someone puleeeez keep the 02 kids in their own sandbox. Us 04 jockeys care plenty about performance and the sportiness of the car. We're just working too hard 10 hours a day to pay for the beast to have time to go dyno.

Besides, we're not worried about a 2 or 3 hp difference between this mod or that mod. We're enjoying the butt dyno on a daily basis! Who cares if your dyno is better than my dyno or if mine is better than yours. It's all relative. I could go dump an extra grand into my 6th gen, pay to have it dynoed, and it would STILL take me 42 minutes to get to work every day. I'd STILL be able to pass pretty much anything on the road if I needed to. I'd STILL get a rush every time I crank the throttle. I've modded (some extensively) other vehicles in the past. This is the first one I've owned that I really feel great about right out of the gate. My "mod budget" is going towards a shiny new Armada for my wife so I guess you can say with my "mods" I'll have 570 combined hp(undynoed). There, you happy??

If anyone is sooooooo worried about the dyno, they are more than welcome to rent my 04 and go have it dynoed.
Old 02-20-2004, 06:37 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Nicely done Max Cat! I couldn't have written it better.

I just purchased an 04 SE and love it! The performance is just fine for this old guy. I'm changing the grill, and maybe the wheels, but other than that it's a keeper.

Joe
Old 02-20-2004, 07:00 AM

I will be dyno'ing my Max really soon......I'll let you know
Old 02-20-2004, 07:57 AM
OT n00bs FTMFCSL

Originally Posted by Max Cat
Oye! Would someone puleeeez keep the 02 kids in their own sandbox. Us 04 jockeys care plenty about performance and the sportiness of the car. We're just working too hard 10 hours a day to pay for the beast to have time to go dyno.

Besides, we're not worried about a 2 or 3 hp difference between this mod or that mod. We're enjoying the butt dyno on a daily basis! Who cares if your dyno is better than my dyno or if mine is better than yours. It's all relative. I could go dump an extra grand into my 6th gen, pay to have it dynoed, and it would STILL take me 42 minutes to get to work every day. I'd STILL be able to pass pretty much anything on the road if I needed to. I'd STILL get a rush every time I crank the throttle. I've modded (some extensively) other vehicles in the past. This is the first one I've owned that I really feel great about right out of the gate. My "mod budget" is going towards a shiny new Armada for my wife so I guess you can say with my "mods" I'll have 570 combined hp(undynoed). There, you happy??

If anyone is sooooooo worried about the dyno, they are more than welcome to rent my 04 and go have it dynoed.
And it's attitudes like yours that make me wonder about the future of this site. What we're asking for is this...Someone who owns a 6th Gen needs to dyno it for information purposes to better the technological aspect of this site. Every other generation has dynoed (stock) just to see if Nissan's claims are correct. We need the numbers for comparison sake, and to use as a database in case there are "shortcomings" like with our 2002-2003 VQ35 A33 models.

What I'm tired of seeing are people who only care about their 6th Gen car (or just their car alone-regardless of generation), but don't care about bettering the community/site as a whole.
Old 02-20-2004, 11:11 AM
Moderator GT-R

Originally Posted by Quicksilver
And it's attitudes like yours that make me wonder about the future of this site. What we're asking for is this...Someone who owns a 6th Gen needs to dyno it for information purposes to better the technological aspect of this site. Every other generation has dynoed (stock) just to see if Nissan's claims are correct. We need the numbers for comparison sake, and to use as a database in case there are "shortcomings" like with our 2002-2003 VQ35 A33 models.

What I'm tired of seeing are people who only care about their 6th Gen car (or just their car alone-regardless of generation), but don't care about bettering the community/site as a whole.
Hardy har har! So now we (6th gen) are part of the comunity? That's news.

They dyno has already been done. Search for the Injen RD1945 CAI thread. Dynos performed by/for Injen. Look about the same as 5th gen VQ numbers.
Old 02-20-2004, 12:58 PM

INJEN Dynoed a 6sp 2004 Maxima

Old 02-20-2004, 01:01 PM
Lightly modded

I was under the impression that Injen dynos were always a little off. Or at least their HP claims seem inflated.
Old 02-20-2004, 01:02 PM

According to INJEN the 6th Gen is good for 207.7 HP and 211.2 ft-lb stock. Those number looked to be higher than INJEN's dyno of a 2003 Max.

INJEN dyno testing of vehicles...check it out and stop being jerks!
Old 02-20-2004, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by 95maxrider
I was under the impression that Injen dynos were always a little off. Or at least their HP claims seem inflated.
That is irrelevant when you compare apples to apples by looking at the dyno number INJEN recored for a stock 2002 or 2003 Maxima. The difference is all that matters on the stock number not the absolute values.

I hope you can understand that.
Old 02-20-2004, 01:36 PM

I thought the idea was to confirm whether or not the 6G is putting out the advertised 265hp/255lb-ft OR the claimed 280hp/270lb-ft. A non-Injen dyno would go a long way to towards confirming which numbers are accurate.
BTW: Though the torque sounds accurate, that injen dyno is basically showing 244hp @ crank.

Hey Quick, the 4DSC label is slowly moving to the www.altimas.net forums (via the Altima 3.5SE). The 6G Maxima (as well as their owners) are generally a different breed altogether than the 3G-5G folks. VIVA LA ALTIMA!!!
Old 02-20-2004, 02:48 PM
OT n00bs FTMFCSL

Originally Posted by F23A4
I thought the idea was to confirm whether or not the 6G is putting out the advertised 265hp/255lb-ft OR the claimed 280hp/270lb-ft. A non-Injen dyno would go a long way to towards confirming which numbers are accurate.
BTW: Though the torque sounds accurate, that injen dyno is basically showing 244hp @ crank.

Hey Quick, the 4DSC label is slowly moving to the www.altimas.net forums (via the Altima 3.5SE). The 6G Maxima (as well as their owners) are generally a different breed altogether than the 3G-5G folks. VIVA LA ALTIMA!!!

Hell , I guess so man. I still think the 6th Gen has tons of potential, and will in the near future start to win more favor among the existing Maxima owners...
Old 02-20-2004, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by F23A4

I agree that the Altima more closely resembles the 4DSC label then the 6th gen or any gen Maxima for that matter. The Altima handles better and accelerates faster than any Maxima ever produced. THe 4DSC label is now offically removed from all generation Maximas and now resides on the Altima.
Old 02-20-2004, 10:52 PM
DoGGy

whats 4dsc again?

4 door sports car?

Old 02-21-2004, 07:38 AM
OT n00bs FTMFCSL

Originally Posted by DoGGy
whats 4dsc again?

4 door sports car?

That's the motto of the 3rd Gen Maxima...
Old 02-21-2004, 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by marmadogg
I agree that the Altima more closely resembles the 4DSC label then the 6th gen or any gen Maxima for that matter. The Altima handles better and accelerates faster than any Maxima ever produced. THe 4DSC label is now offically removed from all generation Maximas and now resides on the Altima.
No, the Alitma accelerates the same as a 2k2/2k3 Max.
Old 02-21-2004, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by Jaws
No, the Alitma accelerates the same as a 2k2/2k3 Max.
Bullsh!t

The Altima accelerates 0-60 in less than 6 seconds. The new Altima is the fastest 4 door sedan Nissan has ever produced.

Get over it.
Old 02-21-2004, 10:22 AM
Dyno plot says I have the most area under the Administrator curve

The Injen dyno makes no sense.

It would just be nice to see an independent dyno done for informational purposes, and to better the information on this site as Quick stated. Aren't you guys even the least bit curious?

I've never dynoed my 1999 Maxima and don't plan to either, but only because there are zillions of stock and modded dynos around for it and it's already well established what the car will do and not do. I wouldn't be proving anything or covering any ground that hasn't already been covered 10 times over so what's the point? But damn, if I had a brand new 2004 Maxima that nobody has done anything with yet, you can bet I'd be making an appointment to get that sucker dynoed.

The new Acura TL has only been out for a few months and there are already a bunch of dynos floating around for them. The new Max has been out for darn near a year now and still not a single independent dyno? Come on.
Old 02-21-2004, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by jvitale
Yet you still browse it and replied to this thread a mere 2 hours after it was started, and before any 04 owner did.
Old 02-21-2004, 11:02 AM

SteVtec always has the last say, no point in even arguing with him, way to go Steve

I did also notice that this 6th Gen forum is a bit different from any other generation. From all the threads I have seen the 6th Gen owners are more concerned with looks than performance which is cool but totally the opposite of any of the other forums.

I just went through all of page 1 of the 6th Gen forum and only about 5-8 posts were performance related.
Old 02-21-2004, 11:18 AM
Moderator GT-R

Originally Posted by GuZo
SteVtec always has the last say, no point in even arguing with him, way to go Steve

I did also notice that this 6th Gen forum is a bit different from any other generation. From all the threads I have seen the 6th Gen owners are more concerned with looks than performance which is cool but totally the opposite of any of the other forums.

I just went through all of page 1 of the 6th Gen forum and only about 5-8 posts were performance related.
Don't care about performance or are satisfied with the performance?
Old 02-21-2004, 11:22 AM

You guys tell me...Seems like all the posts I see in your forum are about rims and grilles and exterior and interior issues. Nothing wrong with making a car look nice but I guess us non 6th Geners are used to something a bit different.
Old 02-21-2004, 11:33 AM
Moderator GT-R

Originally Posted by GuZo
You guys tell me...Seems like all the posts I see in your forum are about rims and grilles and exterior and interior issues. Nothing wrong with making a car look nice but I guess us non 6th Geners are used to something a bit different.
So you started modin' it up first thing? Or did you make a couple of payments and lay low until you were comfortable that there were no major mechanical problems with your brand new first of a new model Maxima? How long did you have to wait before after-market parts started to become available for your cars?
Old 02-21-2004, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by bluemaxx
Another perspective:

Is the performance of my stock 2k2 Max MORE than adequate? YES!

Am I satisfied with this performance? NO!!

In other words, while my 2k2 Max is an overall great performer (for the money), I'd still like to work on making it a 13.7 second car (NA) rather than keeping it as the 14.7 second car it is now.

But again, the 6G (car and owner) is a different breed than the 3G-5G. Peace.
Old 02-21-2004, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by marmadogg
Bullsh!t

The Altima accelerates 0-60 in less than 6 seconds. The new Altima is the fastest 4 door sedan Nissan has ever produced.

Get over it.
Identical weight, identical engine. Maybe you should have bought an Altima. Get over it, they're equal.

I don't like mag racing but if the info is from the same source (Car and Driver), so that would mean the same testing methods and perhaps the same test facility (altitude) and same test equipment.

Altima V6 5sp:

Zero to 60 mph 6.3 sec
Zero to 100 mph 16.1 sec
Zero to 130 mph 27.0 sec
Street start, 5-60 mph 6.7 sec
Standing 1/4-mile 14.8 sec @ 96 mph
Top speed (governor limited) 140 mph

Maxima 6 sp:

Zero to 60 mph 6.0 sec
Zero to 100 mph 15.7 sec
Street start, 5-60 mph 6.5 sec
Standing 1/4-mile 14.7 sec @ 97 mph
Top speed (drag limited) 145 mph

Based on a sample of 1, statistically speaking they are identical in terms of performance.
Old 02-21-2004, 05:48 PM

Identical weight, identical engine. Maybe you should have bought an Altima. Get over it, they're equal.
The autos are probably about equal (both have run mid/high-14's stock), but the Altima 3.5SE 5spd actually has a slight advantage in 1/4 mile acceleration vs a 2k2 6spd Max due to the fact that it doesn't need a shift to 4th like the Maxima does.
Old 02-21-2004, 05:51 PM
92 SE-R 02 SE

DYNO YOUR CAR..-PLEASE....

Old 02-21-2004, 07:15 PM
Moderator GT-R

...Based on a sample of 1, statistically speaking they are identical in terms of performance.
Statistically speaking, the avarage adult American has one breast and a three inch *****.
Old 02-21-2004, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by SteVTEC
The autos are probably about equal (both have run mid/high-14's stock), but the Altima 3.5SE 5spd actually has a slight advantage in 1/4 mile acceleration vs a 2k2 6spd Max due to the fact that it doesn't need a shift to 4th like the Maxima does.
Right. And if you look at C&Ds numbers, there's only .1 difference for 1/4mi time, but .4 sec for 0-100mph time, probably indicating that the 3-4 shift for the Alty comes in the high 90s. Its too bad they didn't show the 0-130 time for Max, that would have been interesting.
Old 02-21-2004, 07:19 PM
Moderator GT-R

Originally Posted by 92 SE-R 02 SE
DYNO YOUR CAR..-PLEASE....
How exactly does my spending the time an money on a dyno help you with your project? And to what end? If the dyno number is high there will be questions and ridicule. If it is low there will be crass comments and ridicule. What's in it for me? It is what it is and I like it. (even more than I liked my 2k1 AE)
Old 02-22-2004, 08:29 AM

How exactly does my spending the time an money on a dyno help you with your project? And to what end? If the dyno number is high there will be questions and ridicule. If it is low there will be crass comments and ridicule. What's in it for me? It is what it is and I like it. (even more than I liked my 2k1 AE)
And this is exactly why the 02 guys that come in here and say dumbazz crap all the time should just STFU and stay in the damned 5th gen forum.

Thanks 02 guys. You've turned the 04 guys off to the entire rest of the ORG thanks to your idiocy and childish immature comments. Good job.
Old 02-22-2004, 09:03 AM

And this is exactly why the 02 guys that come in here and say dumbazz crap all the time should just STFU and stay in the damned 5th gen forum.

Thanks 02 guys. You've turned the 04 guys off to the entire rest of the ORG thanks to your idiocy and childish immature comments. Good job.

Whatever.......if 6th gen owners dont care what kind of power their cars are making why should we? Lets end this stupid bickering.......
Old 02-22-2004, 11:36 AM
Moderator GT-R

Originally Posted by JAKE02
Whatever.......if 6th gen owners dont care what kind of power their cars are making why should we? Lets end this stupid bickering.......
Ok .
Old 02-22-2004, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by Max Cat
Oye! Would someone puleeeez keep the 02 kids in their own sandbox. Us 04 jockeys care plenty about performance and the sportiness of the car. .
Because the previous gen Max's looks like granny-cars next to a 6th gen, these are the kind of reactions you can expect.... It's entertaining, but pathetic.

Squeezing an extra 2 HP in a 3500 lb car is called performance-enhancing? That's hilarious. That'll get you, what? An extra 1/2 car length after 1/4 mile.... How thrilling!

Like I always say... you want performance, get a bike. I'll go 0-100, and back to 0 in less time it takes you to get to 100. That's performance, for 1/3rd the price.
Old 02-22-2004, 12:16 PM
maxS

i personally noticed this: the older cars get - more interesting forums are... Guess who buyes 6th gen maximas vs. 4th gen? And what they do to those cars?

Old 02-22-2004, 03:58 PM

you know, I was considering buying a 6gen in the future and I just wanted to know how much HP 6gen had at the wheels, I dont always believe OEM numbers...
whats with the hatorade?
Old 02-22-2004, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by BluFlame
you know, I was considering buying a 6gen in the future and I just wanted to know how much HP 6gen had at the wheels, I dont always believe OEM numbers...
whats with the hatorade?
Exactly

Nissan jacked the numbers on the 02/03's considerably. 255hp/246tq is really more like 240hp/265tq. Personally I'd take the torque happily, but a lot of folks who prefer more top-end were disappointed, and considering the Altima dynos exactly the same people were even more upset because there is no true difference in power between them.

And we know for a fact that Nissan is still playing number games on the new-gen VQ35DE engines because despite the 260hp rating on the G35 sedan, it's dynoing just as high as the G35 coupe is with a 280hp rating. The Sedan realisitically has 275-280hp, not 260.

So it'd just be nice to see an independent dyno with some true numbers so that we all know exactly what we're getting. I believe that the VQ35DE in the Max is putting out considerably more power than the 265/255 ratings given the track times (ga2000's 14.4 and 14.6 runs with a stock auto) but it'd just be nice to get some independent dynoing done to confirm it. I don't think anybody is really trying to judge the car - just see exactly what's going on under the hood. At least that's what I'd love to see.
Old 02-23-2004, 05:13 PM

x

Exactly

Nissan jacked the numbers on the 02/03's considerably. 255hp/246tq is really more like 240hp/265tq. Personally I'd take the torque happily, but a lot of folks who prefer more top-end were disappointed, and considering the Altima dynos exactly the same people were even more upset because there is no true difference in power between them.

And we know for a fact that Nissan is still playing number games on the new-gen VQ35DE engines because despite the 260hp rating on the G35 sedan, it's dynoing just as high as the G35 coupe is with a 280hp rating. The Sedan realisitically has 275-280hp, not 260.

So it'd just be nice to see an independent dyno with some true numbers so that we all know exactly what we're getting. I believe that the VQ35DE in the Max is putting out considerably more power than the 265/255 ratings given the track times (ga2000's 14.4 and 14.6 runs with a stock auto) but it'd just be nice to get some independent dynoing done to confirm it. I don't think anybody is really trying to judge the car - just see exactly what's going on under the hood. At least that's what I'd love to see.
i would love to see the dyno # s to. and stevtec, u always make me feel good quoting my times . and i would have been happy with the 14.6 run, but no i had to go run faster lol.. remember fastest is a 14.3 for the 6spd
Old 02-23-2004, 06:15 PM

Yeah that was me, Sucks because I went to a new track that just opened up near my house. I thought I would run good because I got the injen and everything but I couldnt hook up. The track was asphalt in the staging zone then went to concrete. I spun horribly once I hit the concrete and left with a best of 14.8 because I was outa gas. I was hoping for better, oh well theres always next time.

Quick Reply: 04 max dynos