6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Pricing Question on a 2K4

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2004, 08:29 PM

Pricing Question on a 2K4

A dealer had offered me an auto SE for 28,950. Majestic Blue w/ black interior, DPP, sunroof and mats. This price seems it's nearly close or under invoice. Any comments?

I've really set my heart on a 6 speed but the dealer says it's really rare for dealers around my area to get manuals. I've driven the automatic and the butt dyno says it's quicker than my 2K1 SE 5 speed.

For those with 6 speeds: were you cars in stock or did you have to order it?

Gra$$y-a$$.
Old 02-28-2004, 12:07 AM

maximawannabee - The going price is often influenced by one's location. In or near a large metropolitan area, competition between dealers is stiff, and many now let '04 Maximas go under invoice. In areas where there are fewer dealers, invoice might be what the dealer demands.

The 6speed thing is also sort of dependent on what the dealer finds he is selling. My dealer got about 25% of his cars with 6speed last spring, and they weren't selling (one would have to be a sado-masochist to buy a 'manny' for sitting in our Atlanta traffic).

For over a month last June-July, during the period few new Maximas were arriving at dealers because of the great hailstorm in Smyrna, my dealer had only two cars, both 6speed, and nobody wanted them. To my knowledge, he hasn't had another 6speed since. I can't blame him.

Having said that, there are several dealers in the Atlanta area, and probably most anywhere in the country, that do have 6speeds, and your dealer should be able to procure one from another dealer.
Old 02-28-2004, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by maximawanabee
A dealer had offered me an auto SE for 28,950. Majestic Blue w/ black interior, DPP, sunroof and mats. This price seems it's nearly close or under invoice. Any comments?

I've really set my heart on a 6 speed but the dealer says it's really rare for dealers around my area to get manuals. I've driven the automatic and the butt dyno says it's quicker than my 2K1 SE 5 speed.

For those with 6 speeds: were you cars in stock or did you have to order it?

Gra$$y-a$$.

hey, maximawannabe, ive been looking for a 2k4 max for the last two weeks and the best offer ive got is 30200.00 with the same package. the invoive price for this package is around 29500.
Old 02-28-2004, 01:02 PM

I live near Philly and have gotten a price of $29,700 for an SL with an auto.moonroof, DPP, VDC, mats, and guards with the 5 speed autostick. I think that is going to be about as good as it gets for now. SemperFi
Old 02-28-2004, 06:36 PM

Comapred to those, 28,950 seems it's a deal. I went through with Autobytel or cars.com and the y sent an email to dealers on my behalf.

I don't know, maybe it's the end of the month or something and they just want to make a sale.

Don't know if I should take this b/c it's a good deal, but it's not a 6 speed, which is waht I really want.