6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

maxima needs alarm.

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2004, 07:07 AM

maxima needs alarm.

as some of you may have seen on moday i posted here that i went outside on monday and my car had no wheals well i got those replaced now, with 2 locks on each wheal. but now i am pondering an alarm system, thought maybe you guy can recomment to a novice, i am looking for a nice alarm perhaps even one of those with a pager, and also my other problem is this is a leased car so i dont know if i should go through nissan, because in case of electrical problems they wont fix if they see a third party installed alarm. Any advise is appreciated. thanks.
Old 03-12-2004, 08:38 AM

Depends on if you want the alarm w/ a remote start, VIPER is good.
Old 03-12-2004, 03:29 PM

Most alarms are pretty reliable and will do the job when installed correctly. Just stick with a bigger brand name for the alarm and you will be fine. The most important part of installing an alarm in your car is the install. So, I suggest that you take it to a place that is pretty reputable and has worked on the car before.

Good Luck!
Old 03-12-2004, 03:38 PM

Make sure that the installer knows what the **** he is doing. I can't even remember how many aftermarket alarms I've pulled out of cars because freaky stuff was going on because of the crappy alarm installs. So make sure that your installer is MECP Gold Level/Master installer, that has done many alarm installs with factory antitheft.
Old 03-12-2004, 04:12 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I would go with the Clifford Matrix RSX 3.5. Someone else in these forums has this as well as me. I know other people that have it and it is awesome. I have yet to get mine installed cause I am iffy about having Best Buy install it. It's hard to trust someone cutting wires in my $30,000+ car. I'm sure that many of you will agree. So once I get over that I will be having mine installed. Can't wait to do so and will hopefully do it soon. This alarm does have alot of features. It has the pager system as well as remote start. And if I'm not mistaken I think that you can still have the window roll down feature with this alarm. Good Luck deciding!
Old 03-13-2004, 07:17 AM

clifford is the way to go...i got the intelliguard 2000 or 4000...the chirp alone
is cool...

and like redsand says, the installer is more important...
Old 03-13-2004, 08:17 AM
*moderator*

I have the Clifford Matrix RSX 3.5 and I love it, the remote start is great and overall the system is good. You can also get a level sensor that will trigger if your car is lifted, as in your case with your wheels...Install is key I made sure my guy knew what he was doing before I had it installed.
I did have a couple of minor issues though, the installer disconnected the sensor for the heater/ AC and the temps were all messed up but I took it back and he just re connected it.
Old 03-13-2004, 08:35 PM

I'll second (or is that third) the Clifford 3.5 recommend. I've had mine for a couple of weeks now and it is one sweet system! I've got windows down AND up on mine, and am thinking about adding a couple of cool (but not necessary) features with a channel expander. How about gas hatch pop(one channel), mirror fold and unfold(one channel based on arm/disarm status like my windows are), heated drivers seat/steering wheel and defroster (all on one channel w/3 relays).
Old 03-13-2004, 09:37 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Since you're in New York, you could jump over to Jersey and go to Don aka Pearl96Max. He's a very known installer in the forum and a very knowledgeable person on Maximas.

I had him install a Viper 790VX Responder on my car and no troubles yet, the alarm works great.
Old 03-26-2004, 03:34 AM
I tend to get a bit irritable

Originally Posted by Redsand187
Make sure that the installer knows what the **** he is doing. I can't even remember how many aftermarket alarms I've pulled out of cars because freaky stuff was going on because of the crappy alarm installs. So make sure that your installer is MECP Gold Level/Master installer, that has done many alarm installs with factory antitheft.
There is no need to verify that the installer attempting the job is MECP certified, it really means nothing. MECP certification doesnt always make the person a compotent one. I have hired and fired a ton of them. Just look for a reputable shop that has some hands on experience.

BTW..If your going to be looking for a "master level installer it may take awhile as there are only a handful throughout the country.

--Don