6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Still waiting

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2004, 04:06 AM

Still waiting

My new Max left the factory on 4/14. The dealer said it should take 2 weeks to get and I should have the car today. Well its not going to happen. The car is not even on their lot. I just don't get it....4/28 the dealer said def by 2nd week of May....a MONTH to get the car from TN to NJ.....what the F are they doing?

The waiting continues......argh
Old 04-30-2004, 04:14 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

That's more torture then an Iraqi Olympic prison. I feel for you, but it will be worth it in the end. Think of all the miles you aren't putting on it.

P.S. Are you gonna update your nick now that you are getting the 04. hehe
Old 04-30-2004, 04:23 AM

P.S. Are you gonna update your nick now that you are getting the 04. hehe[/QUOTE]

hummm...hadn't thought about that....may just keep it for nostalgic sake
Old 04-30-2004, 10:02 PM

95max - sometimes these things can be both frustrating and confusing. At every stage of your new car's trip , it will sit among a host of vehicles, waiting for the magic number of units going your way to fill the trailer or auto rack that is 'blocked' for your area or even for your dealer.

I can remember a situation where my wife special-ordered a Ford Ranger back in 1992. We had access to all transportation records, and followed it from the time Ford began to build it. It was loaded onto a TTX auto rack in Minneapolis, and we followed each movement of the TTX rack until it arrived at a deramp facility on the southside of Atlanta.

Ten days after it had been unloaded at the deramp facility, we went to the dealer and told him if the truck was not on his lot the next day, we wanted our money back. He said he had dozens of vehicles sitting at the deramp lot because he didn't have room for them on his lot. He called his man at the deramp lot, and our truck arrived the next morning.

We didn't even bother to tell him how idiotic it was to store special-ordered vehicles in some distant lot. The looks on our face had to have gotten that message across. We never went back to that dealer for anything; not even an oil change.
Old 05-01-2004, 08:34 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

As someone who has worked with the delivery companies for Nissan in Smyrna TN...there are ACRES of finished vehicles sitting there for shipment. They are all shipped by truck. There are only so many cars that will fit on a trailer, and even fewer trucks/SUVs. However, they can usually get the same number of total vehicles as just cars by mixing the trucks and SUV's in with the cars.

They are also limited by federal wieght and height limits. It is an ART to load the vehicles on the trucks, and will take a new driver months to learn how to do it in the most efficient manner.

So, depending on what you ordered, and where it's going, it's going to depend on which company hauls it and where it will fit on a truck going your way with the right mix on it. The new Armadas, and pickups are sort of taking priority right now, and they can't get as many of those on a truck.

You could always arrange factory delivery in Smryna...
Old 05-03-2004, 03:49 AM

Originally Posted by us024077
As someone who has worked with the delivery companies for Nissan in Smyrna TN...there are ACRES of finished vehicles sitting there for shipment. They are all shipped by truck. There are only so many cars that will fit on a trailer, and even fewer trucks/SUVs. However, they can usually get the same number of total vehicles as just cars by mixing the trucks and SUV's in with the cars.

They are also limited by federal wieght and height limits. It is an ART to load the vehicles on the trucks, and will take a new driver months to learn how to do it in the most efficient manner.

So, depending on what you ordered, and where it's going, it's going to depend on which company hauls it and where it will fit on a truck going your way with the right mix on it. The new Armadas, and pickups are sort of taking priority right now, and they can't get as many of those on a truck.

Shipped by truck?? Nissan told me they are shipped by rail to Newark, NJ then put on trucks and taken to the final destination
Old 05-03-2004, 04:06 AM

Originally Posted by us024077

Are you sure you can pick up at the plant? I have not heard this before. Give us more details.