6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

The maxima kicks a$$

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2004, 09:58 PM

The maxima kicks a$$

Heres a long and TRUE story. No bs. I'll eventually get to my point. Anyway, I was driving along and noticed a group of kids in a parking lot. I stopped to watch them to see if I went to school with any of them. ( I am a senior.) When they noticed me, 15-20 kids start coming towards me shouting stuff and cars are also coming towards me. So I jet hoping to avoid confrontation. This truck is right on my tail with the high beam on. Then he starts to get next to me and is trying to run me off the road. (It was a residential area at around 11:30 PM) So I floor it and am going 80 mph through these small roads to get away from him. Unfortunately, he was right on me still. On these roads, I often had to make tight turns at high speeds. Not once did I lose control because of the VDC. At times, I felt I was going to lose it but I gained control back. I eventually get onto the highway and try to drive to an adjacent town trying to lose him. I am only going 90 mph at this point. The guy driving was insane. He pulled up next to me and was shouting things. So I take an exit with him right behind me. I turn back heading into town and I reached speeds of 120-130 mph. The car handled great at this speed. For one thing, you don'l feel like you are goin fast and you feel like you have total control. By this time, I had called the police and they told me to meet them in a local parking lot. I head over there and this guy totally vanishes. The whole point to this story is to tell all of you Maxima owners that you all bought a great car. It handles great at high speeds and takes the corners like a pro.
Old 05-10-2004, 05:39 AM

What, did you throw down the wrong gang sign or something?

Lucky no innocent bystanders got killed.

Mike
Old 05-10-2004, 05:45 AM

Try driving to the Police department next time.

The only point of that story is what an idiot you were for driving like that!

The poster above is right, you're lucky no one was killed.
Old 05-10-2004, 05:46 AM
is invisible

Bhaiyya, what did you to **** these people off?
Old 05-10-2004, 09:53 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

What an exciting story~~
Old 05-10-2004, 02:46 PM
xarfox

you are retarted

you shoulda stabbed them, thats what i did last time i got chased

Old 05-10-2004, 04:33 PM

how does one stab another(s) at such high speeds, and in 2 different vehicles? on another note, driving straight to the police station is a good thing.
Old 05-10-2004, 04:45 PM

yeah, I concur...
Old 05-10-2004, 06:16 PM

Back in the 1980s, I drove my '85 Maxima between 105 and 110 MPH for 45 minutes in an open empty area of southwest Texas (on my way to Mexico). Hardly saw another vehicle (saw almost nothing but endless fences). But 120 to 130 in an area with traffic? Wow!

For me, the REALLY scary part of your saga was 80 MPH on residential roads. That would terrify me. Something as simple as someone backing out of a driveway without looking WAY up the road and correctly estimating your rate of closure would mean disaster.

Glad you made it OK. . . even gladder I was not along for the ride.
Old 05-11-2004, 05:44 AM
is invisible

Originally Posted by xarfox
you are retarted

you shoulda stabbed them, thats what i did last time i got chased

Hey Thuglife: it's retarded, not retarted.
Old 05-11-2004, 05:55 AM

As you get older you will realize that actions have consequences. You didnt kill anyone this time, but what if you did. Imagine taking someone's life just so you could joyride around. Think about taking someones life, think about having to face a mother that you murdered her child while speeding through a neighborhood. Enough said.
Old 05-11-2004, 09:12 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

reading through this "such a dramatic escape story" I was waiting for the part where you actually woke up realizing that it was just a dream...

agreed.
Old 05-11-2004, 09:25 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

one thing I don't understand.
What kind of truck would keep up with you.
I conclude two things from this story.
1 the maxima is not that fast. or
2 the truck was H1 Hummer
3 How can this story be true. ....
.......ok three conclusions.

Edit: while on the HW witht he alleged truck by your side. why didn't you ask hims Why was he chasing (following) you?
Old 05-11-2004, 09:51 AM

This is such a made-up story for you to reach 130 :? You are insane to drive at 80 in residential areas.
Old 05-11-2004, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by silvermax04
This is such a made-up story for you to reach 130 :? You are insane to drive at 80 in residential areas.
I agree. My friend and I were driving his dad's viper on August 6, 1999 and flipped it over in Highland Park, Illinois, on a side street. Somehow we made it out alive, and no major damage.

I can't believe that story, I think if you cut the speeds in HALF, you might have reality.

FYI- My Maxima should be here this month, I can't wait!
Old 05-11-2004, 08:45 PM

Man i would have ****ed up that guy in the truck because trucks are higher off the ground so if you hit it from the back it would flip. **** his life he's trying to get you and if he was as crazy as you said and you called the cops the wreck wouldnt be your fault and also if your like me you have full coverage on your car so inshu. would cover it. But i have hit 130 at 4 am and dam for a stock 2004 is hauls azz because i just like hauling *** in my car it's fukin fun.
Old 05-12-2004, 04:49 AM
Mod her. Ate her.

Originally Posted by MaximaMan1980
Man i would have ****ed up that guy in the truck because trucks are higher off the ground so if you hit it from the back it would flip. **** his life he's trying to get you and if he was as crazy as you said and you called the cops the wreck wouldnt be your fault and also if your like me you have full coverage on your car so inshu. would cover it. But i have hit 130 at 4 am and dam for a stock 2004 is hauls azz because i just like hauling *** in my car it's fukin fun.
Is English your first language?

Maybe next time the money spent on the 2004 SE could be better spent on some books and an education with which to use them...
Old 05-12-2004, 05:22 PM
Banned

Man, you guys are ruthless!!!
Old 05-12-2004, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by Maximaino
Try driving to the Police department next time.

The poster above is right, you're lucky no one was killed.
:
Where did you get $$ as a high school senior to afford a 2004 max? I'm thinking there's only one possibility.
Old 05-12-2004, 06:45 PM

I purchased my 2004 Maxima in March of 2003 when I was 19, got $11,000 for my trade in (98 max) and paid the rest full in cash. I'm assuming your "one possibility" means the parents, but I can assure you that was not the case with me. Been working since I was 14 and saving every penny, always wanted a new car. So it's not always the case of it being handed to you :P

However in this kids case, judging by his "long and TRUE story," his word may not be the best to listen to. He probably doesn't even have one.
Old 05-12-2004, 06:55 PM
Banned

This story reminds of the tv commercial ad for the 4th gen. The guy comes out of a car wash with his black shiny 4th gen, and see's a flock of pigeons above (simulating top gun with theme music in the background) ready for an air assault, so he high tails it out of there and speeds through some residential area, and windy roads. He finally gets to his house, pulling into his garage, while the lead pigeon right on his tail slams into the garage door as it closes.

But at least in this story, no one was hurt.
Old 05-13-2004, 05:49 AM
is invisible

Originally Posted by MaximaMan1980

You da man!
Old 05-13-2004, 08:08 AM

but Leopor, I bet you got your 98 Max from your parents, right? so $11,000 of the $30k-ish came from them, so you cant really soap-box it about earning the car all by yourself. Nothing wrong with getting a shiny new car from your parents, but there IS something wrong with parents buying a 2004 265 HP car for their teenager, no reason someone who hasn't done anything yet in their life to earn that car should get it. That guy should be apologizing to his parents for being such a moron, and his parents should take the car and trade it in for a hybrid or something.
Old 05-13-2004, 10:45 AM
is invisible

But mommy, I got a 4.0!
ranjit's car is his parents'.
Old 05-13-2004, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by chrisaust
there IS something wrong with parents buying a 2004 265 HP car for their teenager, no reason someone who hasn't done anything yet in their life to earn that car should get it.

is it ok that my parents bought me a car with 255 HP?
Old 05-13-2004, 08:04 PM

For all of you people that thought what I did was stupid, I totally agree with you. That was probably one of the worst driving decisions I have ever made. But you have to understand, I wasn't really thinking right when you have someone trying to ram you with his brights on. Your first response is to get to a safe place or try to get away. Since the police station was on the other side of town and getting there would mean getting stuck at red lights, I decided to go on the highway (which was empty) and try to lose them. I have heard stories of windows being smashed in and people getting killed so I avoided downtown. I really did hit speeds of between 120-130 mph. Although for not very long, I did go that fast for a short time.
One more thing. What reason would I have to lie to you. You all are people that I will never see or even talk to. So believing me is upto you.
Old 05-14-2004, 04:14 AM
Mod her. Ate her.

Originally Posted by ranjittx
For all of you people that thought what I did was stupid, I totally agree with you. That was probably one of the worst driving decisions I have ever made. But you have to understand, I wasn't really thinking right when you have someone trying to ram you with his brights on. Your first response is to get to a safe place or try to get away. Since the police station was on the other side of town and getting there would mean getting stuck at red lights, I decided to go on the highway (which was empty) and try to lose them. I have heard stories of windows being smashed in and people getting killed so I avoided downtown. I really did hit speeds of between 120-130 mph. Although for not very long, I did go that fast for a short time.
One more thing. What reason would I have to lie to you. You all are people that I will never see or even talk to. So believing me is upto you.
What was their beef with you in the first place?
Old 05-14-2004, 05:32 AM
is invisible

Originally Posted by ranjittx
For all of you people that thought what I did was stupid, I totally agree with you. That was probably one of the worst driving decisions I have ever made. You all are people that I will never see or even talk to. So believing me is upto you.
So why the hell would you post this in the first place?
Old 05-14-2004, 05:46 AM
andymax95

The other night I got into a perdicament with a f150 that almost caused a pile up cause that p*ssy cut me off in the pouring rain in traffic. Then that pri*k had enough nerve to tell me to pull over. I was furious so I pulled over and b*tch ran up on me talking all types of ****. Anyways I had to put a b*tch down. The point is don't stop if you're solo, cause when I was beating this dude, his girlfriend smashed a bottle over me and then proceded to smash another bottle on my car (thank god i have a rental right now) So the moral is, if you are with people, f*ck that persons day up, if you are solo have some sort of weapon you can beat a b*tch with, if not just run. I got a blowgun, knife and bat just encase I encounter roadrages.

Old 05-14-2004, 10:29 AM
is invisible

Originally Posted by andymax95
The other night I got into a perdicament with a f150 that almost caused a pile up cause that p*ssy cut me off in the pouring rain in traffic. Then that pri*k had enough nerve to tell me to pull over. I was furious so I pulled over and b*tch ran up on me talking all types of ****. Anyways I had to put a b*tch down. The point is don't stop if you're solo, cause when I was beating this dude, his girlfriend smashed a bottle over me and then proceded to smash another bottle on my car (thank god i have a rental right now) So the moral is, if you are with people, f*ck that persons day up, if you are solo have some sort of weapon you can beat a b*tch with, if not just run. I got a blowgun, knife and bat just encase I encounter roadrages.

Dumbass.