6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Picking Up New 2004 SE This Week!

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2004, 06:55 AM
2004 Smoke

Picking Up New 2004 SE This Week!

Greetings 6th Gen Colleagues -

My new 2004 SE (Smoke exterior, black leather interior) is enroute and should be ready for pick-up this week. Can't wait!! I bought this car after checking out the G35, Altima, Toyatas, Hondas, Acuras, Lexus, and even BMWs. This is my first Nissan. I nearly passed out after my first test drive, and knew this was the one...

I ordered the "Automatic Leather" package and the sun-roof. Also got the sun-roof wind deflector, hood bug deflector, trunk carpet cover and got the car tinted (medium).

I have really learned a lot already reading your guys (and gals) threads - thanks for all the great info and tips. This site rocks. I think I saved my new car already (didn't realize one shouldn't use synthetic from the start).

So, here are my first questions for you pros, if you could shed some light/opinions -

1. Any tips on checking my car out before I take delivery? I saw one tip that I should double-check the oil level.

2. Do you think the "second series" 2004s have less defects now than first ones built? I seem to get this impression reading all the threads. I have to admit I am a bit nervous of some of the bugs some 2004s have..

3. I have seen complaints about front fascia paint chipping. What do you recommend to protect? Bras/masks can be a pain to take on and off every time it rains (to protect paint clouding).

Thanks and look forward to chatting a lot with you.

Craig
Old 05-24-2004, 07:13 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by 2004 Smoke
My new 2004 SE]Smoke exterior, black leather interior)
First off - great color and welcome aboard ! I'm sure you'll love the ride.

1. Any tips on checking my car out before I take delivery? I saw one tip that I should double-check the oil level.
Full inspection inside and out. Point out and have them note every imperfection scratch etc.....Check tire pressure as well...mine was off.

2. Do you think the "second series" 2004s have less defects now than first ones built? I seem to get this impression reading all the threads. I have to admit I m a bit nervous of some of the bugs some 2004s have..
I wouldn't worry about it. Some have had problems and some have had "no" problems

3. I have seen complaints about front fascia paint chipping. What do you recommend to protect? Bras/masks can be a pain to take on and off every time it rains (to protect paint clouding).

I don't like bras, and prefer to live with some paint chipping, that's if i have to. IMO....I don't find the chipping to be any different than any other new car that i've had. Stay away or leave plenty of room from big trucks, etc...

Enjoy your new Max when you get it. Did you buy it at 417, Walkley or Graham's ? (btw...i'm in Ottawa too)

Bob
Old 05-24-2004, 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by 2004 Smoke
Greetings 6th Gen Colleagues -

My new 2004 SE (Smoke exterior, black leather interior) is enroute and should be ready for pick-up this week. Can't wait!! I bought this car after checking out the G35, Altima, Toyatas, Hondas, Acuras, Lexus, and even BMWs. This is my first Nissan. I nearly passed out after my first test drive, and knew this was the one...

I ordered the "Automatic Leather" package and the sun-roof. Also got the sun-roof wind deflector, hood bug deflector, trunk carpet cover and got the car tinted (medium).

I have really learned a lot already reading your guys (and gals) threads - thanks for all the great info and tips. This site rocks. I think I saved my new car already (didn't realize one shouldn't use synthetic from the start).

So, here are my first questions for you pros, if you could shed some light/opinions -

2. Do you think the "second series" 2004s have less defects now than first ones built? I seem to get this impression reading all the threads. I have to admit I am a bit nervous of some of the bugs some 2004s have..

Thanks and look forward to chatting a lot with you.

Craig
I'm currently putting a list together of all the stuff to look for when I take delivery. I'm thinking that all I have so far besides a thourough inside/outside inspection is:

Orange Peel rough paint
Glove box alignment

Any more? Please list !!!!!