6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

People are bastards

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2004, 05:21 PM

People are bastards

Well, I purchased my 04 SE (smoke in color)last tuesday. Still has the dealer tags on it. Today, I go to the deli for a soda, go to the chinese place for dinner...come home, look at my driver side rear quarter and some one went up against it. Rear quarter was scuffed and bumper has 2 scratches in it. Got the scuff out with my 3m rubbing compound (don't worry, I re- waxed and polished after). Got most out of the bumper but I dunno....I'll work on it tomorrow in the light. Just ****es me off that people don't care about others cars....it's a friggin 32k car damnit!
Old 06-12-2004, 05:52 PM
Im izz sexay

Some people are like that. They don't understand because they can't afford. If they could then they'll know the true value.
Old 06-12-2004, 07:02 PM

Yeah, I've noticed people are real ****** when it comes to cars. A couple years ago, I was in Del Mar, and I was sitting in traffic across from this brand new CLK55 AMG parked on the side of the road, it was pretty sweet. Then all of a sudden, some skanky lady in a hoopty pulls up behinds it to park, taps the car, backs up a foot and then gets out and walks away. I was pretty ****ed, and it wasn't even my car.

I would have flipped if I came out to my new 75,000 dollar car just to see some nice license plate scratches on the rear bumper.
Old 06-12-2004, 08:11 PM
Banned

I feel you totally, Smoken04!!! I bought my new black beautiful MAX in Oct 03...three months later, I'm taking it to the damn body shop to get the front fender repaired!!!

Yeah, I'm getting off of work after a 12-hour day to buy my son's B-day gift @ Circuit City. I see an open parking spot @ the end of the front row. I usually park far away from everyone, but since it was an end spot, I could snuggle up close to the curb and leave a lot of space in between me and the next car. So I'm not in there but 15 MINUTES!!! I come out and I'm thinking the odd disfigurement on my fender has to be a reflection of the sun or something... I get closer and I'm in total shock!!! The very top of the fenderwell is crunched and I have scrapes on the side of the front bumper!!! Needless to say, the car next to me was already gone! I find a note under my windshield wiper and it's somebody telling me that someone else hit me and they jotted down the license plate # for me--but I couldn't make it out from the chicken scratch. Anyway, I WAS HOT!!! I was ready to chase someone, anyone, down to find out who the heck hit my car!!! Although, it was good that I wasn't there or witnessed it, because I probably would have lost it! Well, I ended up w/o my car for a whole week so they could fix it. So my MAX is no longer a virgin...she's already been violated and there's nothing I can do... Just thought I'd share...
Old 06-12-2004, 08:28 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

I hear ya.....some real morons out there....
Old 06-12-2004, 08:55 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by kloogy
I hear ya.....some real morons out there....
Hey, do they sell those rims in 20s and/or chrome? I like! I like!!!
Old 06-12-2004, 09:15 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

Not yet, but I know Mille Miglia is planning on a release of them in 20's soon.......They do come in chrome, just add another 100 per wheel....
Old 06-13-2004, 12:42 AM
2004 Smoke

Totally agree.

I have seen young kids getting out of cars, without any help by their parents, and seen their car doors bang against the next. No words from the parents other than "be careful dear"....

Personally, I ALWAYS park far away from other cars, at the far end of a parking lot, and I park on a line taking up two spots (sue me), or I don't park at all. This isn't always possible in "downtown" spots, of course, but it does make your odds better that some jerk won't defile your Max....

Craig
Old 06-13-2004, 06:04 AM
Banned

It will never cease to amaze me how people will spend 30 - 40 - 50 + grand on their vehicle, then treat them like crap. They rarely clean them; let their kids (or themselves) drop food all over the interior; and park on top of another vehicle resulting in door dings and other scratches.

Why buy new?? They should be buying old heaps.

Like others in this thread, I always park carefully and far from others whenever possible.

Old 06-14-2004, 05:42 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

This takes the cake. I was in a fairly packed parking lot one day. As I was walking out to my car, I saw an old guy finish emptying his grocery cart. As he finished, he spun the cart, took 3 - 4 steps and let the cart fly across the parking lot.

It was heading towards a mini-van. Fortunately, I was close enough to intercept the cart before it hit the car.

I let loose on the guy and let the explitives fly. He reacted by apologizing and sheepishly getting into his car and driving away.

I was pi$$ed.
Old 06-14-2004, 06:02 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I was sitting in the parking lot waiting for my girlfriend to come out of a store when I see this lady in an 04 Malibu pull out beside me. I got a funny feeling as she got out that I should move, but she looked like she was careful getting out so I stayed. Anyway, she made it out of the store before my girlfriend (imagine that... ), and went to get in the car. As soon as she opened up the door, I felt the max tilt a bit as she hit my car. I was pretty upset (first time my car had touched another), so I jumped out of the car and waved to get her attention. She tried her best to ignore me and simply said "I already done checked and I didn't leave a mark" when I finally got her attention. I know she didn't even look at my car after hitting it, so I inspected it right there before she left (although it was kind of hard since it was pretty dusty.. hadn't had time to wash it since getting back from my trip). I'm amazed that I actually felt the car move when she hit it but yet she didn't leave any marks.
Old 06-14-2004, 06:51 AM

Idiots! Just plain old fashioned Idiots! I hate 'em all!
Old 06-14-2004, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by DvSMAXXX04
Idiots! Just plain old fashioned Idiots! I hate 'em all!
welcome aboard. got my bumper scratched up first week i had it.