6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Navigation DVD error

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2004, 07:51 PM

Navigation DVD error

While I was using the navigation system today in my max, the screen froze while the voice prompts kept giving me directions. Later when I restarted my car, the screen just says "Disc Error" and navigation refused to start. I have tried starting ejecting and inserting the dics numerous times but it doesnt work. Has anyone experienced this problem? Appreciate any comments. Thanks
Old 06-16-2004, 08:52 PM

I have experienced the same problem with my car with the navigation system giving me a "disc error." It mostly happened when the temperature outside was very cold. I would have to keep reinserting the disc until it worked. I took it to my Nissan dealership but everyone there are just a bunch of dumbasses who don't know a damn thing . They checked it out for me but said there was nothing wrong with it and didn't want to replace my navigation system unit.
Old 06-17-2004, 05:06 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Same Thing

I live in AZ where the temperature is well over 100 and I have the same issue daily. I have learned to just ignore it, and when I restart the car I have a 50/50 chance of it working correctly. Pathetic!!

I also have a misaligned dash, a shift **** that is about to fall off, a left turn signal that gets stuck, and a "manual mode" automatic that doesn't shift when put in "manual mode". The dealership has informed me that the switch for this feature was not installed. It was special ordered.

This is not what I expected, nor is it what I have experienced in the past from Nissan. I could have bought a Chevy if I wanted to deal with this.
Old 05-28-2010, 12:19 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I'm having the same problem and I will be taking it to the dealer on this Tuesday to see if they can correct the problem. I tried to disconnect the battery and replace the fuse but nothing worked. I will post the results after Nissan looks at it.
Old 06-04-2010, 04:26 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Well I went to the dealer and was told that the "disc error" was due to the DVD reader not working. I was told it would need to be replaced but to replace it with a new unit would cost $5000. I have been wondering what my other options are. To purchase one from Ebay will run me 300 to 500 dollars and there is no reason to believe the same thing won't happen. HELP!! lol