6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

noise under my car

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2004, 07:50 PM

noise under my car

hey guys i just wanted to ask if any body hears any noice coming from under or on the left hand side of your car.possibly around the tire area.every time my car starts to rev up around 2000 rpms i hear li a screaching sound coming from under my car.i had the car at the dealer for about 4-5 days but they could not figure out what it was.the guy told me to wait to see untill the sound gets louder because they could not figure out where it was coming from.im ive already had a number of problems with my car from day one .all of them different.except for my center counter display witch keeps getting condensation from the inside .any ways im taking my car back for the 2nd time for that noice.im wondering if they are going to find that problem.i also want to know how do you get the dealer to buy back your car or to give you another car if they cant fix the problem.i need to know because now im am sick and tired of that damm car and i want to use that lemon law but i dont know much about it.please help!!!!!!!
Old 06-22-2004, 03:38 AM

"The problem(s) must substantially reduce the use, value, or safety of the vehicle to the buyer."
That is part of the California statute that you can read. http://autopedia.com/html/HotLinks_Lemon.html
Your problems are not going to be solved by a lemon law, IMHO.
Old 06-22-2004, 10:20 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by max'n
hey guys i just wanted to ask if any body hears any noice coming from under or on the left hand side of your car.possibly around the tire area.every time my car starts to rev up around 2000 rpms i hear li a screaching sound coming from under my car.i had the car at the dealer for about 4-5 days but they could not figure out what it was.the guy told me to wait to see untill the sound gets louder because they could not figure out where it was coming from.im ive already had a number of problems with my car from day one .all of them different.except for my center counter display witch keeps getting condensation from the inside .any ways im taking my car back for the 2nd time for that noice.im wondering if they are going to find that problem.i also want to know how do you get the dealer to buy back your car or to give you another car if they cant fix the problem.i need to know because now im am sick and tired of that damm car and i want to use that lemon law but i dont know much about it.please help!!!!!!!
A few of us have had the same problem a while back. It is a lose heat shield that vibrates at around 2K RPM.... Shouldn't take but just a few minutes to fix.
Old 06-22-2004, 11:23 AM

Yeah, check to make sure all the clips that hold down the beauty covers in the engine bay are there. Sometimes haveing one missing will make them vibrate badly.
Old 07-03-2004, 06:17 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

I've been to the dealer a few times with same problem for about three months now--they too had not figured the source of the noise. Supposedly, they've contacted Nissan's tech services for advice. But, according to the dealer, tech services stated that they had not received many complaints like mine. In any case, the noise remains unresolved.
Old 07-03-2004, 08:14 AM

I have another noise (rattle under hood, usually when engine is still 'cold'). I have been to the dealer many, many times and although the service manager can hear it, the service tech cannot always hear it and certainly cannot find it to fix it. VERY annoying. I guess I'm just going to have to wait until winter when it's really bad....
Old 07-04-2004, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by Monotaur
A few of us have had the same problem a while back. It is a lose heat shield that vibrates at around 2K RPM.... Shouldn't take but just a few minutes to fix.
That is what my dealer said. A bolt for the heat shield was loose and they just tightened it. Fixed the problem. Hope this helps.