6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Frost interior question

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2004, 07:53 PM

Frost interior question

For anyone who has the frost interior, have you had much problems with the suede door panels getting dirty? I had been looking at silver with black interiors, but saw a silver with frost today that really caught my eye. It is at a dealer about 30 mins from me and has just about the exact options that I want. I am somewhat worried about the suede getting dirty though. How do you guys clean that and does it get dirty very easily?

Thanks
Old 06-27-2004, 08:11 PM

In the heat and humidity of middle Georgia, I feel I have no choice but to get light colored cars with light colored interiors. I have silver with frost interior. I found out over forty years ago (while living in Arizona) that light colored seats aren't as hot as dark ones when I have to leave the car in the sun.

My suede panels are clean, but I must admit both my wife and I were skeptical about the suede. We intend to keep it very clean, because we wouldn't know how to remove smudges without risking damaging or discoloring the material. I'm sure there are folks who will post on this thread who can illuminate us about cleaning this suede.

You might be safe if you and those who will ride with you are reasonably neat folks. I'm not sure how this would work with small children.
Old 06-27-2004, 08:27 PM

I've had my frost for about a year and haven't had many if any problems. The only place i've really seen the interior get dirty is on the handles. Other then that no complaints, not to mention i'm picky about who gets in my car, their condition, and i try to limit eating in it to a minimun.
Old 06-28-2004, 04:02 AM

I was worried about the dirt factor when I first saw the suede door panels too. But you really have no reason to touch that area if you think about it. When you grab the door handle your hand doesn't come into contact with it. After I had my windows tinted I noticed a black spot on one of my doors on the suede part. I thought, oh great, my first blemish. I just got a damp rag and it wiped right off, good as new. I don't think they're going to be that difficult to keep clean.
Old 06-28-2004, 08:20 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Yeah, you shouldn't have to worry aobut the suede at all. I just cleaned the leather this weekend, and the dirtiest parts were the steering wheel, the shifter ****, and the angled parts of the seats.
Old 06-28-2004, 09:34 AM

Thanks for all the replys. Makes me feel better about the light color. If the suede does get marks on it, what would be best to use to clean it?
Old 06-28-2004, 01:56 PM

I'm sure there is probably some kind of suede cleaner out there that would take care of it. But really, I don't think your going to need it that much. Maybe you could buy some of that Scotchguard stuff and spray it to protect it.
Old 06-28-2004, 04:51 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Just recently my sister accidently marked my door panel with a ball point pen....as you can image I was really steamed. Then I remembered a suede brush that came with some luggage I own...I used the brush on the ink spot and it instantly disappeared leaving no marks behind. Since then I keep the suede brush in the glove compartment , just in case.
Old 06-28-2004, 09:03 PM

LadyMax - Couldn't help but notice your '04 SL is 'Winter Wheat'. You must have gotten that color name from Lexus or Accura or Infiniti.

The closest colors for the '04 Maxima are Coral Sand, Spirited Bronze, Radiant Ember and Champagne Mist. They are all great colors, but I find the Coral Sand (new color introduced February 6th of this year) and Spirited Bronze to be especially outstanding. Would your Maxima perhaps be Coral Sand?

p.s. - But I will fight to the death for your right to call your color by the name you feel describes it best.
Old 06-29-2004, 01:46 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

I don't know where I got that name from....but as you can see it's been changed.

Thank you