6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Maxima Grille

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2004, 07:29 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Maxima Grille Coating chipped by stones

The coating on the plastic Grille of my '04 Max SE with only 11,000 miles is coming off where it was struck by stones. I'm frustrated that a "near-luxury" car wouldn't have a better quality front grille. This is my 3rd Nissan (previously had the 2 Pulsar NX's), and both of my previous cars held up to the elements much better than this.
I'm heading in to the dealer for an oil change tomorrow, and plan to have them look at the damage. Did anyone have any luck with getting a replacement under warranty?
Old 09-01-2004, 09:05 AM
SuPeRmOd

several had it replaced under warranty. I wouldn't mention stones. others have experienced peeling, should be no problem. What color do you have? I'll look for you 'round the 'burg. Welcome to the org.
Old 09-01-2004, 10:56 AM

I mentioned mine to the service manager. He took a couple of looks at it and determined that it was not under warranty. He's a pretty bright guy and could tell that the damage was more chipping than peeling. He could tell that something had struck the grill causing the damage.
I didn't expect them to pick up on that, but they did.
Old 09-01-2004, 01:45 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

haha im from the burg as well

hahha dude i hate to say it but this is the worst luxury car you could have bought our black 04 se is the biggest pilke of junk. bought it at brenner never never deal with them as for i take my car to them for 1 prob comes back with 4 6 8 problems every time, worst service dept ever. completely scratched my car down to the metal replaceing the wiper cowl, all the scratches and i mean big scratches all around the edge of the hood by cowl and on the mirror where they leaned all over the car are scratched.. hmm car is perfect but there said they did not do it lmao hahahhahah yea your right i did it. good luck with grille also mine peeled about 1 month after getting it still waiting for the grille ahaha this thing makes me laugh. a little word to the wise trade it get a 300 for the same money i have one it is the lap of luxury and no problems at all. doesnt it say something when you come onto a forum and all you see is major problems one after another.. im realy sorry guys i am haveing a realy bad day and i needed to vent but not sorry about my car it is junk and i will fight to have nissan buy the dam thing back!!!!!
Old 09-01-2004, 05:27 PM

confindence guys

With you having only 11k, you should definetly get yours replaced under warranty. I had around 16k with rock chips on the the bumper around the grille but I was convinced that the grille was peeling. Now let's try it together, "NOoooo, those are not rock chips that is peeling which is very common with the maxima's grille." Repeat 10-15 times or until you are convinced. Just for having a Maxima you deserve a new grille anyway.
Old 09-04-2004, 09:27 PM
*moderator*

My dealer is replacing mine for peeling as well, although there is a couple of rock chips on it...