6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Bras...any photos?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2004, 02:11 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Bras...any photos?

...just realized I might get some interesting photos submitted!

Actually some cretin hit my new '04 max and scratched the front bumper (I cleaned off what I could but there are still some deep scratches in the bumper).

estimate to fix it was $450, insurance is a $500 deductable....so I was thinking about a bra to cover the damage and prevent new dings. Anyone have any experiences or opinions on a bra for the 04 maxima? Better yet if you have a photo, I'd love to see it. The best pic I have seen is pretty far away.

Thanks and yes I do wish I had gotten the clear bra initially
Old 10-07-2004, 02:15 PM
detailerdaveb@gmail.com

Originally Posted by Zeke

Actually some cretin hit my new '04 max and scratched the front bumper (I cleaned off what I could but there are still some deep scratches in the bumper).

estimate to fix it was $450, insurance is a $500 deductable....so I was thinking about a bra to cover the damage and prevent new dings. Anyone have any experiences or opinions on a bra for the 04 maxima? Better yet if you have a photo, I'd love to see it. The best pic I have seen is pretty far away.

Don't get a bra. They eventually will rub off your paint. Take the $450 and get the bumper fixed. If you want to prevent new chips, etc. go with a 3M clear bra instead.
Old 10-07-2004, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by Zeke

I know Cologan makes a bra for the 04 and 05 Max. I like them for freeway use only, had them on several cars....actually still got a BMW 3 series bra sitting in the closet. Never used them for daily use and never let them stay on long or get rained on....wet. I say try to rub the paint transfer off if you can with some polish, take it to a detailer first....clear bra is nice but never really wanted one. I know someone on this board has the hood bra but not the front one. For everyday use, the clear bra would be the best bet, after you got the damage fixed. If I find a pic, will post it. I know they protect, but they cover up alot of the features also. Again, they are great for temp highway use, but not every day use. When I was stationed in Tucson Arizona, my buddy left a bra on his Honda Accord for years, never removed it, let it get rained on, sun beat on it.....one day, years later, he wanted to remove it, and he did....with alot of the paint....damn thing was almost part of the car by then....LOL.
Old 10-08-2004, 08:52 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Thanks for the info guys.

I'm going to see if a detailer can make it look better than I did....hopefully they can.

If you can find a good picture, I'd like to see it.