6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Regular LCD Monitor, not the Navigation one

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2004, 05:40 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Regular LCD Monitor, not the Navigation one

I know you can use the sat output on the radio for I-pods, using AAI-NIS from PAC, but can you use that feature for video? I was wondering if there was a way of using the stock LCD to have a video input, such as hooking up a rear camera input? Is this possible?

Thanks for any info.
Old 11-17-2004, 05:56 PM

Great question, but unfortunately the answer is no. The regular LCD is precast with character simulators that can transmit alphanumeric data from the radio and onboard computer.

They are not able to transmit images.
Old 11-17-2004, 06:01 PM

cool, thanks for the info. I was just looking at the sticky thread about changing the orange lights to blue, so guess that thread would have answered my question as well. thanks again
Old 11-21-2004, 04:50 PM

How bout changing the orange lcd to a color screen(navigation etc) is that possible?
i just put a new thread about this question..,should'a scanned thru the forum..oops.. hehe thanks
Old 11-21-2004, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by MIA_SHIFT
How bout changing the orange lcd to a color screen(navigation etc) is that possible?
i just put a new thread about this question..,should'a scanned thru the forum..oops.. hehe thanks
As far as I know, the color NAV screen and the orange screen are not interchangeable.....not to say that you can not get a aftermarket one installed in there, but you will lose all the functions of the stock one....temp....MPG....you know what I mean.
Old 11-21-2004, 08:22 PM

Thats not true you can move the orange screen infront of the shifter in that pocket and put a 7in lcd screen in its place. Some one has it I do not recall who
Old 11-22-2004, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by smokinmax
Thats not true you can move the orange screen infront of the shifter in that pocket and put a 7in lcd screen in its place. Some one has it I do not recall who
You are right, you can move the screen, but can not to my knowledge take the stock amber screen and replace it with the color navi screen and make it work. You can remove the stock amber screen and put a LCD in there but you will lose all the info functions of your display. You can also just leave the stock amber screen and add a LCD in the lover part of the dash. If a cop sees you with a DVD video playing while you are driving.....nice ticket waiting for you. Most motorized DVD player units have a safety unit that will not let a DVD video play while the car is in motion....however, that safety function can be defeated.

smokinmax.....I do remember that pic you were talking about on the custom setup....wonder if I can find it again.
Old 11-22-2004, 03:42 PM

I have done it with my car but went a lil further and rebuilt the center peice where the stock radio was because i didn't want the pocket there
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/733666
the orange screen works fine.
Old 11-22-2004, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by cannonscreation
I have done it with my car but went a lil further and rebuilt the center peice where the stock radio was because i didn't want the pocket there
How much did the install work on that run you? Looks like a nice setup. I am not really feeling the Gucci interior...but every one has their own tastes. It is unique though.

Old 11-22-2004, 04:48 PM

Cannonscreation,

What screen did you use?
Old 11-22-2004, 05:06 PM

wow that looks pretty good. not feelin the gucci much either, but looks nice overall. how much did that run you ?
Old 11-22-2004, 05:18 PM
BigCat44

Hey Cannon, your wing, is that the one listed on ebay? I am interested in that wing (ebay) and if that is the same one, that looks great!

Old 11-22-2004, 08:46 PM

it didn't cost that much I did all the work myself took about a month just cause i did it a lil here and there. I used a 7" lanzer screen ($250)cause it was my first try with it and i didn't wanna f***up a $400 alpine screen. I went wit the gucci cause it was diffenrt but mostly beacusew of laziness lol
since I rebulit the center with the radio we couldn't find the exact paint match so I had some meterial left over from my last car so I tried it and it stayed.

As for the wing I think they have this one on ebay just look at the pic good because there is this one and they also sell the one off the G35 sedan as an 04 max wing as well