6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

After market radio/ Nissan Warrantee

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2004, 10:45 PM

After market radio/ Nissan Warrantee

Hey all I am thinking about having a certified technician from best buy install my pioneer avic n1 and the viper 791xvi in my car.
Does anyone know if that voids my warrantee or anything like that??? or if it just voids electrical and i still have other parts of my warantee ???

thanks a lot for your responses!!!!!
Old 12-02-2004, 12:06 PM
*moderator*

As far as I know it would just void the warranty on the radio and stock alarm (and possibly electrical)...shouldn't affect anything else. For example lowering your car only voids the warranty on the suspension...
I would get confirmation from your dealer though.
Old 12-02-2004, 12:44 PM

If you get an aftermarket stereo and your air conditioner goes out, it is likely that the dealership will blame the broken ac on your radio. They blamed my fule pump going out on my aftermarket DVD player and everytime I had a problem with my max they didn't hesitate to blame it on the stereo. I know the law says they have to prove the aftermarket part (radio) caused the problem but in most cases the dealership decides what they want to do and then you're **** out of luck. But good luck, I've heard some great things about that Pioneer.
Old 12-02-2004, 01:33 PM

hey guys! I'm quite new to this forum, but I just have one question. Actually, I posted this already but I just wanna ask anybody who is not busy right now ( ) will it damage my RIMS if ever I drive my car with less air pressure on the tires? Like around 24-25 psi? Because that's what it read in the gauge yesterday morning (a very cold morning with temps at below 30's) and I drove the car for over 600 miles the past 3-4 days. (The temps during those 3-4 days was b/w 28 - 45 deg).

Thank u very much for your answer and for your time. I really appreciate it!

Old 12-02-2004, 02:21 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

If you drive with the tire pressure lower you increase the change of bottoming out the tire on the rim which can indeed cause damage. Run the tires at the specified PSI unless the 25 PSI is a temporary thing (under 5 miles). You will wear out your tires faster too running them at 25 PSI!!!
Old 12-02-2004, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by msoemax
If you drive with the tire pressure lower you increase the change of bottoming out the tire on the rim which can indeed cause damage. Run the tires at the specified PSI unless the 25 PSI is a temporary thing (under 5 miles). You will wear out your tires faster too running them at 25 PSI!!!
Thanks! But how about if it was driven the entire weekend for over 600 miles?
Old 12-02-2004, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by joemax1
As long as now the tire pressure is fine, I keep mine at 32PSI with 20" rims, you should not have a problem. I had a slow leak on the front left....found out it was actually a defective rim believe it or not that had a pinhole in the aluminum. Rim was replaced and all is well, but, if at 25PSI on my 20" tires I hit a nice pothole.....that would have been a different problem. As winter is now here, I check the tire pressure often. They actually have tire caps that change color if the PSI drops. They help me out. Think I paid 10 bucks for a set of 4, 32PSI caps.
Old 12-02-2004, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by carcus
As long as now the tire pressure is fine, I keep mine at 32PSI with 20" rims, you should not have a problem. I had a slow leak on the front left....found out it was actually a defective rim believe it or not that had a pinhole in the aluminum. Rim was replaced and all is well, but, if at 25PSI on my 20" tires I hit a nice pothole.....that would have been a different problem. As winter is now here, I check the tire pressure often. They actually have tire caps that change color if the PSI drops. They help me out. Think I paid 10 bucks for a set of 4, 32PSI caps.
Hey thanks carcus! I was just concerned cos I drove it on a long trip last weekend and there were some roads that had potholes! But when i did a visual inspection on the tires before driving it last weekend, they looked ok, so I didnt bother to check. well, I hope the rims are not damaged (like a dent perhaps).

BTW, nice looking car you've got there!
Old 12-02-2004, 04:57 PM
my rear view mirrors flap like a f-ing bird

wouldn't this mess up the side wall of the tire. once the side wall is damaged the car rides like ****.............
Old 12-02-2004, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by Tek-Niq
wouldn't this mess up the side wall of the tire. once the side wall is damaged the car rides like ****.............
I know this sounds stupid, but...what's the "side wall"? of the tire or the rims? cos Im not really as concerned with the tires as I am with the rims...thanks

BTW, mine are 17's....
Old 12-02-2004, 05:10 PM

I know this sounds stupid, but...what's the "side wall"? of the tire or the rims? cos Im not really as concerned with the tires as I am with the rims...thanks
the side of the tire.......
Old 12-02-2004, 05:12 PM

the side of the tire.......
oh, ok. thanks. but what aboutt the rims? they're 17's btw... do u think I should have the rims checked for dents? thanks again for your reply....
Old 12-02-2004, 05:17 PM

oh, ok. thanks. but what aboutt the rims? they're 17's btw... do u think I should have the rims checked for dents? thanks again for your reply....
no the rims should be fine. its just when you lower the psi the tire sits lower so the side wall is press down farther. this causes the side wall to crush. this can't be fixed. this also make the car handle like crap.

rims are fine................
Old 12-02-2004, 05:34 PM

no the rims should be fine. its just when you lower the psi the tire sits lower so the side wall is press down farther. this causes the side wall to crush. this can't be fixed. this also make the car handle like crap.

rims are fine................
that's just what I thought... i was just concerned cos I was hitting potholes during the trip last wkend...
just looking for some peace of mind...
Old 12-02-2004, 06:12 PM

17 inch rims......nothing to worry about on your SL. Suspention is softer than my SE with 20" rims. Do make it a point to check the tire pressure though. I can tell you my 20" rims will show low pressure pretty quick with the small sidewall. You have plenty of bounce in the 17" to make due with most pot holes. No worries.