6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Total Hp Gains??

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2004, 07:01 AM

Total Hp Gains??

I wanna find out what we are looking at as far as the end result in HP with these mods...I dont wanna mod my car if it aint gonna be worth it in the end. And What I mean by worth it, a decent amount of an increase of power.

1) Intake, So far from what I have seen there are 3 Intakes out there. The Injen CAI, The Stillen, and The Berk. Out of these Three Which Produces the Most Performance Gains... HP and TQ.

2) UDP, Whats the Difference between the SWA Pulley and the UDP.. I heard the SWA produces more HP.. Is it true? How Much?

3) Y-Pipe, for 199 bucks its worth it in my opinion. Claims to give 10-12 HP.. But has anyone tested this?

So with these 3 Mods, what do you think the HP and TQ of the Max would be?

In all reality, if you go by what each product claims to give, in terms of HP and TQ, are Ma'x's should be at atleast 300 HP? If Not, then why the hell not?

Even if those three Mod's gave HALF of what they say they give.. our Max's would still be at a 280-290 HP range correct?...

Im looking to Mod my max, I just got it in Feb, only thing I have done was put a nice system in it. But If these MOD's dont give the gains that they say they do, then it aint worth it.. Bottom Line, I want my Max to be at least 300 HP. Is it possible with these three Mod's or not...Can anyone provide some useful Info?..

I wanna be able to take down some of my homeboy's cars...
1)Subaru WRX.. Stock.. runs 14.3 1/4 Mile..
2)G35 Coupe...
3)04 Acura TL...

Spent 31,000 on the car, it should be fast... damn it...lol
Old 12-09-2004, 07:24 AM
Banned

Ever thought about getting nitrous kit?

I've ran with TL and g35 coupe. and it was very close race.
but the g35 coupe had only 2000 miles as I had 15000 miles on my max.
so i had little advantage over the g35 coupe. if the g35 coupe's engine has
broken in, it would have been a different story.

anyways, TL and Maxima is a driver's race.
Old 12-09-2004, 07:28 AM

Yup, I thought about it.. But I much rather stay away from NoS..
Old 12-09-2004, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by TheGAMEGUNIT05
3) Y-Pipe, for 199 bucks its worth it in my opinion. Claims to give 10-12 HP.. But has anyone tested this?
Have this and have had it dyno'd. The numbers on the Custom Enterprise site are from my car. Gains are real, and you can feel the difference. Even people who used to frequently ride in my car noticed the difference after it. Definatly a well worth it mod.
Old 12-09-2004, 11:48 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Im looking to Mod my max, I just got it in Feb, only thing I have done was put a nice system in it. But If these MOD's dont give the gains that they say they do, then it aint worth it.. Bottom Line, I want my Max to be at least 300 HP. Is it possible with these three Mod's or not...Can anyone provide some useful Info?..
I think there are too many factors that come into play, and you can't just take some manufacturer's "xyz hp gain" at face value. The bolt-on mods especially, will probably compliment each other and the car overall, but I don't think you can take "Mod A - claims x HP gain" and "Mod B - claims y HP gain" and assume that it's gonna be x+y overall HP gains.

There have been several threads about the CE y-pipe and intakes... I think somebody here had "high 220s" at the wheels with both together, but that's as high as I recall seeing. Not bad, considering the outrageously assy drivetrain loss of the stock Maxima. Going from 265 to 300+ is no easy feat if you just want to bolt stuff on, but it might be possible. Of course, putting it on the dyno is the only way to make sure... and once you see the actual numbers to the wheels you might want to start crying instead...
Old 12-09-2004, 12:52 PM

From the dynoes I have seen, I dont think intakes are any better than our OEM design. I ran my best time with my stock intake. Anyways injens dyno was 217 hp and after was in the 220s but they could have just taken the lowest dyno and the highest one. I also noticed that jujuitsui or however you spell it, dynoed 218 and 230 TQ. from comparison, it seems like he dynoed higher tq than any other leading me to believe that the greddy added some TQ. I guess we will never really know until we have a lot of different dynos to compare.
Old 12-09-2004, 06:29 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Mystery_Man
Have this and have had it dyno'd. The numbers on the Custom Enterprise site are from my car. Gains are real, and you can feel the difference. Even people who used to frequently ride in my car noticed the difference after it. Definatly a well worth it mod.
can you pass emission test with aftermarket y-pipe? or with aftermarket
header?
I wanted to get y-pipe or head, but I was afraid of failing the emission
test.
Old 12-09-2004, 08:30 PM

Glude is correct on my numbers - pulled a 218 hp to the wheels and 230 on TQ. I think the Greddy's did help with the TQ - I also have a Stillen Intake. Definitely thinking of the Y pipe if I dont upgrade to a M3 next year...

Getting 300 hp with the bolt on stuff ain't gonna happen IMO.
Old 12-09-2004, 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by VTmaximaVT
can you pass emission test with aftermarket y-pipe? or with aftermarket
header?
I wanted to get y-pipe or head, but I was afraid of failing the emission
test.
Because there is still a cat there probably. Worse comes to worse, if i don't i'll just throw on the stock pipe.