6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

navigation system

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2004, 03:37 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

navigation system

Hi all,
I am new to this forum,I have 2004 SE with drive pref pkg.I havent opted for the navigation system,but planning to have one installed now.
is it advisable to go the delear and get it done or any other store.
Old 12-20-2004, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by anil
Hi all,
I am new to this forum,I have 2004 SE with drive pref pkg.I havent opted for the navigation system,but planning to have one installed now.
is it advisable to go the delear and get it done or any other store.
I doubt Nissan will do anything for you.....way too much $$$$$ and time involved to attempt to retrofit a stock nav kit if you did not buy yours with one. Better off going aftermarket and replacing the one in the dash with a motorized screen and head unit all in one....there are some nice ones under 2 grand, Alpine, Pioneer, you name it. I would not even attempt the dealer install that for you, stereo install shop, and will take quite a few hours in labor. You can get one that plugs in, but some are not that cheap and the memory are not that great. I imagine in about another year or so, prices will drop on aftermarket stuff.

http://www.valuz.com/In+Car+GPS?osCs...daaf260f324e18

Just some stuff to look at. Hope this helps. If I had the money the time I got the car, would have gotten a loaded Max with the stock nav unit. Eh...you live and learn. Would be nice to have a removable one though to take car to car.