6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Trentz Grill

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2004, 06:38 PM

Trentz Grill

Everyone!

Looking for the best place to get a trents grill with the Nissan symbol on it. Of done a little searching and I come up with about 200 smackers. From those that have one, where is the cheapest place? From what I read, and please confirm, it's made out of metal, right? I'm looking for the polished grill. When they say polished, is it like chrome? Thanks again folks!

Jimbo
Old 12-28-2004, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by MAJ_Jimbo
Everyone!

Looking for the best place to get a trents grill with the Nissan symbol on it. Of done a little searching and I come up with about 200 smackers. From those that have one, where is the cheapest place? From what I read, and please confirm, it's made out of metal, right? I'm looking for the polished grill. When they say polished, is it like chrome? Thanks again folks!

Jimbo
Polished is not like chrome but similar....check Ebay for prices or the paid sellers on the site. There are a few other styles out there as well. I still like my SOLID grill. No one has one out here like mine.....and that is what I like about it.
Old 12-28-2004, 07:16 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by carcus
Polished is not like chrome but similar....check Ebay for prices or the paid sellers on the site. There are a few other styles out there as well. I still like my SOLID grill. No one has one out here like mine.....and that is what I like about it.
Where did you get yours?
Old 12-29-2004, 03:17 AM

I have a TRENZ. The Nissan logo does not come with the grill. You have to remove your stock logo and re-apply it to the TRENZ. I bought mine at http://www.stillen.com.

The STILLEN service was good, but i can't say that i was impressed with the fit and finish of the TRENZ.

You might want to consider this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33645

The fit and finish looks much better. Hope you find what you're looking for.

Bob
Old 12-29-2004, 05:31 AM

Does this grill have a cut out got the logo, like the Stillen, or is it an overlay?

Thanks
Old 12-29-2004, 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by blackmax4
Does this grill have a cut out got the logo, like the Stillen, or is it an overlay?

Thanks
Not sure but take a look here for the instructions:

http://www.courtesyparts.com/Merchan...Category_Code=

It looks pretty well the same as my TRENZ where the logo goes. My logo sits on top of the grill as well, but there's a round area to attach it to. This looks the same.

Bob
Old 12-29-2004, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by SilverBelle04
I have a TRENZ. The Nissan logo does not come with the grill. You have to remove your stock logo and re-apply it to the TRENZ. I bought mine at http://www.stillen.com.

The STILLEN service was good, but i can't say that i was impressed with the fit and finish of the TRENZ.

You might want to consider this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33645

The fit and finish looks much better. Hope you find what you're looking for.

Bob
Bob...what was your problem with the fit of the grill you got from Stillen?

Jimbo
Old 12-30-2004, 03:59 AM

Jimbo - i didn't like the way it sat after bening installed as per instructions. Take a look here for detailed explanation and my fix:

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=326238

Take a look at the bottom line of the E&G grille in the pic below. The bottom line of the grille follows the contour of the opening much more precisely.

As per arrows:

Where as the trenz is more "V" shaped at the bottom where the body contour is not. You don't really notice unless you start analyzing it to death.

Don't get me wrong - i've had lots of compliments, people staring or pointing to the TRENZ as they drive by...........Its a striking look !

I even had a guy run out of a gas station and accross the yard (without a jacket in -25F weather) when i was pumping gas one day to ask me where i bought it. I found out that he runs the shop and owns an Onyx 04 Max. At first i thought he was some kind of wacko when he was running after my car as i was leaving !

Bob
Old 12-30-2004, 06:34 AM

Jimbo - i didn't like the way it sat after bening installed as per instructions. Take a look here for detailed explanation and my fix:

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=326238

Take a look at the bottom line of the E&G grille in the pic below. The bottom line of the grille follows the contour of the opening much more precisely.

As per arrows:

Where as the trenz is more "V" shaped at the bottom where the body contour is not. You don't really notice unless you start analyzing it to death.

Don't get me wrong - i've had lots of compliments, people staring or pointing to the TRENZ as they drive by...........Its a striking look !

I even had a guy run out of a gas station and accross the yard (without a jacket in -25F weather) when i was pumping gas one day to ask me where i bought it. I found out that he runs the shop and owns an Onyx 04 Max. At first i thought he was some kind of wacko when he was running after my car as i was leaving !

Bob
Bob...I see. I looked at your thread on the Trenz grill and in the picture it looks like in the lower right hand corner it does not quit follow the contour, probably on the left too. I see where your coming from. I really don't want to go through what you did. I think I'll contact the folks on Ebay to see if they have a better photo and look at it and I may go with it.

For anyone reading this...see previous thread that Bob wrote on a suggested grill other than Trenz...has anyone purchased one from these folks? Is there a better picture to post?

Bob...thanks again...sorry you went through those problems, but I'm glad you took the time to post them...keeps the other Maxima owners informed...thanks again!

Jimbo
Old 12-30-2004, 06:51 AM

Here's the website for the company that manufactures these:

http://www.egclassic.com/grilles.htm

Here's a closeup pic:

$159 is an excellent price.

Bob
Old 12-30-2004, 07:14 AM

Here's the website for the company that manufactures these:

http://www.egclassic.com/grilles.htm

Here's a closeup pic:

$159 is an excellent price.

Bob
Bob...is Ebay the only place for this grill for 159? Called a place here in Colorado Springs...they wanted 359 for this grille...Crazy!

Jimbo
Old 12-30-2004, 07:23 AM

$159 would be the cheapest that i've seen for this one. Courtesy Nissan (a popular site for ordering Max parts) sells it for $219.

I'm thinking of selling my TRENZ and getting one of these.

Let us know if you get it.

Bob
Old 12-30-2004, 07:42 AM

$159 would be the cheapest that i've seen for this one. Courtesy Nissan (a popular site for ordering Max parts) sells it for $219.

I'm thinking of selling my TRENZ and getting one of these.

Let us know if you get it.

Bob
Bob...Definitely...I'm leaning towards this one right now. Being that I'm at work here at Fort Carson I can't pull up the Ebay site with the grill as I wanted to call them and get some more information...can you post the name of the company for me here? I think they have the name of their company at the bottom of the Ebay site and a link to their online store...I might be able to get them that way. I want to give them a call or email them with some questions. More than most likely I'll get it and I'll post some pics too!

Thanks Bob!

Jimbo
Old 12-30-2004, 07:53 AM

Here you go:

Automotive Specialty Distributors, Inc.
Call 1-800-544-1780 and ask for Al and Marc
Asd1303@aol.com

Good luck.

Bob
Old 12-30-2004, 07:54 AM

Here you go:

Automotive Specialty Distributors, Inc.
Call 1-800-544-1780 and as for Al and Marc
Asd1303@aol.com

Good luck.

Bob
Thanks Bob...your the man! Military is really picky where we go on the web...Ebay is one of the restricted sites! Thanks!

Jimb0
Old 12-31-2004, 03:29 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I also have installed a Trenz grill, and wasn't exactly overwhelmed by the quality of the product. It took quite a while to make it fit half decent, and the polishing wasn't very consistent. The Nissan emblem doesn't fit very well on the Trenz grill as the original grill is curved, as well as the emblem, and the Trenz grill tends to be much flatter in that location. Had to grind/sand the back of the emblem flat to make it fit OK. Not much fun. From a distance it does however look very good. Certainly better than the original.
Old 12-31-2004, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by Yukonmax
I also have installed a Trenz grill, and wasn't exactly overwhelmed by the quality of the product. It took quite a while to make it fit half decent, and the polishing wasn't very consistent. The Nissan emblem doesn't fit very well on the Trenz grill as the original grill is curved, as well as the emblem, and the Trenz grill tends to be much flatter in that location. Had to grind/sand the back of the emblem flat to make it fit OK. Not much fun. From a distance it does however look very good. Certainly better than the original.
Well Guys...I bought the ECG Classics grill posted here in this thread. I should have it next Wednesday...depending how busy I am (I Command a Army unit), I'll either install on Wednesday or the weekend there after...I'll let you know the status and shoot a pic to show you. Sounds like it's a better grill. Talked to the guys that produce it and they gave me some good information on it. I'll let you know...

Jimbo
Old 01-01-2005, 01:47 AM

Jimbo - Good stuff. Let us know. I'm more than likely going to order one too.

Tks Bob
Old 01-08-2005, 04:46 PM

UPDATE! ECG Classics Grille vs. Trenz Grille

Jimbo - Good stuff. Let us know. I'm more than likely going to order one too.

Tks Bob
Bob and Everyone else! Finally received my ECG Classics grille and installed it today. Very clean and easy install. The grille comes very well packaged and protected. It's stainless steel and very shiny once you remove the protective sticker on it. It uses all the same holes/plastic clip holders as the stock grille. The only difference is their is only two tabs at the base of the grille as opposed to four with the stock grill. The only problem I had with the grille was after I removed the protective tape it left some of the gunk from the tape. I just used some "goof off" remover, took it off and then some window cleaner to clean it up. I also used my own 3M double-sided tape, and they don't give you much. Other than that...the grille comes very shiny and does not have any imperfections like I've heard with the Trenz grill. It fits well too!

I've very satisfied with this grille. If you want to see more pics, go too... http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/763992....Let me know what you all think!!!

Jimbo

Old 01-08-2005, 05:36 PM

Jimbo ...looks great ! Thanks for posting it. Looks like i'll be ordering one tomorrow morning.

Bob
Old 01-08-2005, 11:13 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Bob, you selling your old Trendz then?
Old 01-09-2005, 03:47 AM

Originally Posted by CanadianMoFo
Bob, you selling your old Trendz then?
More than likely..........if you're interested i'll let you know.

Bob
Old 01-09-2005, 06:24 AM
BigCat44

Bob and Everyone else! Finally received my ECG Classics grille and installed it today. Very clean and easy install. The grille comes very well packaged and protected. It's stainless steel and very shiny once you remove the protective sticker on it. It uses all the same holes/plastic clip holders as the stock grille. The only difference is their is only two tabs at the base of the grille as opposed to four with the stock grill. The only problem I had with the grille was after I removed the protective tape it left some of the gunk from the tape. I just used some "goof off" remover, took it off and then some window cleaner to clean it up. I also used my own 3M double-sided tape, and they don't give you much. Other than that...the grille comes very shiny and does not have any imperfections like I've heard with the Trenz grill. It fits well too!

I've very satisfied with this grille. If you want to see more pics, go too... http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/763992....Let me know what you all think!!!

Jimbo

Hey Major,
Thanks for the recommendations on this and Bob too I will be going with the Classic grill now. Maj, Ft Carson is pretty nice though the AFA is a lot nicer!! I was TDY up to Ft Carson working with Sikorsky about 2 years ago (my first time on an Army post) boy it makes us AF guys really appreciate the things we have though I must say Co. Springs is just freaking beautiful. In any regards I collect RMOs or coins..The unit I was working with (UH-1s) didn't have any at the time, does your unit?

Old 01-09-2005, 06:26 AM

I just ordered my E&G about an hour agto.

Bob
Old 01-09-2005, 07:28 AM

I've been holding off getting a new grill because I couldn't decide which one I liked best. After seeing this one I think I've made up my mind now. I've always been partial to this grill anyway and you can't beat the price.
Old 01-09-2005, 11:26 AM

I really like the Sarona grill. Love the mesh. Gives it that sporty look.
Old 01-09-2005, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by BigCat44
Hey Major,
Thanks for the recommendations on this and Bob too I will be going with the Classic grill now. Maj, Ft Carson is pretty nice though the AFA is a lot nicer!! I was TDY up to Ft Carson working with Sikorsky about 2 years ago (my first time on an Army post) boy it makes us AF guys really appreciate the things we have though I must say Co. Springs is just freaking beautiful. In any regards I collect RMOs or coins..The unit I was working with (UH-1s) didn't have any at the time, does your unit?
Bigcat44...Fort Carson is definitely nice...this is my homestate and I love being back here. I was glad to leave the Pentagon, my last assignment. The traffic was bad, and the terrorist attack was bad too as I was there conducting assessments as part of a special medical augmentation response team. Definitely AF bases are much better and friendly-er in some cases.

As you may know...UH-1 (Huey's) are officially retired out of the Army system for combat units (Washington D.C. still uses them for official traffic of politicians and military Generals...etc)...either case...to your question...no I don't have a coin yet but I'm working on one. Hopefully by June of this year I'll have one.

Now to the grille...you can't beat the price on this grille as someone mentioned...yes indeed! The install is clean and the look is good. The grill looks like it was laser cut (or some other method)...so beware when installing it...it is sharp! Also...use tape as the instructions say...I used duct tape. This will further protect the paint when installing. When putting in the two tabs at the bottom of the grille, be sure to push them in all the way and bend up the inner tab. I used a flathead screwdriver, placed it in the slot and twisted it up and it's securely in place. Now since this is stainless steel...does anyone have a good recommendation of a protectant to put on it? Temporarily, I put a coat of my good car polish on it so it's easier to clean when the road crap gets on it here in Colorado with the snow and such.

Let me know if you all have any questions with the install...I'll give you assistance and photo's if necessary of my install...

Jimbo
Old 01-09-2005, 02:53 PM

I've used monther's Billet Polish Metal polish on my TRENZ and then followed up with Meg's NXT wax. The last time i did it would have been in September before all of the snow and salt of winter driving. It still looks pretty good after 3 or 4 months of harsh winter conditions.

Bob
Old 01-09-2005, 03:24 PM

I've used monther's Billet Polish Metal polish on my TRENZ and then followed up with Meg's NXT wax. The last time i did it would have been in September before all of the snow and salt of winter driving. It still looks pretty good after 3 or 4 months of harsh winter conditions.

Bob
Thanks Bob...I'll try that!

Jimbo
Old 01-09-2005, 08:57 PM

looks good jimbo!
Old 01-10-2005, 06:14 AM

I just ordered my E&G about an hour agto.

Bob
I ordered one last night off of Ebay. I went with the one for $158 and their shipping was cheaper too. Saved about $7. Thanks Bob and Jimbo for the info.
Old 01-31-2005, 09:06 PM

Why is "Grille" highlighted in my posts in this thread? Grille is right...check out a dictionary:

grille also grill
n.
A grating of metal, wood, or another material used as a screen, divider, barrier, or decorative element, as in a window or on the front end of an automotive vehicle.
An opening covered with a grating.

Either one is right...
Old 02-01-2005, 05:50 AM

Originally Posted by maxzma
I've been holding off getting a new grill because I couldn't decide which one I liked best. After seeing this one I think I've made up my mind now. I've always been partial to this grill anyway and you can't beat the price.
Ditto.

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

Why is "Grille" highlighted in my posts in this thread? Grille is right...check out a dictionary:

grille also grill
n.
A grating of metal, wood, or another material used as a screen, divider, barrier, or decorative element, as in a window or on the front end of an automotive vehicle.
An opening covered with a grating.

Either one is right...
You probably came to this thread thru a link that was found by a search.
Old 02-01-2005, 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by DocHolliday
Ditto.

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

You probably came to this thread thru a link that was found by a search.
Negative...I'm the one that authored the threads in question. I went back to the thread through my listing and see that all forms of "grille" are red. No search engine....I'm at work this morning and I still see the words "grille" in red...don't know why...but their in red.

Jimbo
Old 02-04-2005, 06:56 AM

WHich are the other grilles available???

Trenz, this other one, Sarona. What do you think about the mesh on the stillen grille???
Old 02-04-2005, 07:32 AM

I just searched and found some available:

1. SARONA
2. Street Scene Equipment (SSE) chromed or non-chromed
3. T-REX BILLET BUMPER GRILLE POLISHED (7 BARS)
4. T-REX BILLET GRILLE POLISHED 1PC and 2PC (12 bars)
5. TRENZ BILLET BAR GRILLE MATTE or CHROMED (NO LOGO)
6. TRENZ BILLET BAR GRILLE MATTE or CHROMED (W/LOGO CUTOUT)
7. TRENZ BILLET OVAL GRILLE MATTE or CHROMED (NO LOGO)
8. TRENZ BILLET OVAL GRILLE MATTE or CHROMED (W/LOGO CUTOUT)
9. Z GRILLE (W/LOGO CUTOUT) AKA. E&G

http://www.wickedbodies.net/04-On-Ni...Body-Kits.html

http://www.stillen.com/sportscars_pr...cat=160&dsbp=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...951481112&rd=1

http://www.usspeedonline.com/page/U/PROD/SS-Maxima

I like the SSE, but would like to have it matching with a bumper grille that fits the STILLEN front lip...and that's difficult to find. What do you guys think??? Is there gonna be a main grille with a bumper grille companion that fits the stillen kit?
Old 02-04-2005, 08:41 AM

I have the street scene speed grille. been also looking for a bumper grille to match.
Old 02-04-2005, 09:58 AM

I think we're gonna have to have it custom made....Damn its gonna be expensive!!
Old 02-05-2005, 08:04 AM

Anybody with suggestions??
Old 02-05-2005, 10:20 AM

Get the Sarona. I love that mesh look. I have a pic somewhere of a black maxima with a sarona grill and a stillen lip.

Quick Reply: Trentz Grill