6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

People with XM

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2005, 06:10 PM

People with XM

Hello all, just turned on my factory XM unit. However I am a little puzzled since my car didn't come with the seperate XM manual. Is there a way to have the song title or artist automatically display with out having to push the settings **** twice to show what song you are listening to? I always liked on other XM units that the Song Text will automatically display when switching channels however the factory Nissan unit doesn't seem to. Also, is there a way to switch channels with the steering wheel controls?
Old 01-13-2005, 07:09 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Ahhh... My #1 gripe about the factory XM unit. Don't take this as 100% truth as I might be over-looking something myself, however here is what I have learned.

The XM factory unit will only display the channel # or the channel name or the artist name. There is a way to select which one in the audio settings ****. As you mention pushing the audio settings **** will display all the information on screen at the same time. How to make this the default I don't know. I have noticed that once the push the settings **** you can change between your presets and the full info will still be displayed. Which leads to your final quesiton.

The only way the change the channel from the steering wheel is by setting XM channels in your A|B|C 1-6 presets. Work's for me cause I don't listen to more than 18 different XM stations.
Old 01-14-2005, 05:33 AM

If XM in the Max works like Sirius, using the audio settings **** I can change the default one line display to channel number, or channel name, or name of artist or song title. This becomes the new default for the one line display of info and my choice displays when I change channels as well and when I start the car the next time.

If I push the audio tuning **** to get the three line display of info, the default one line display above goes back to the channel number and the three lines below display the channel name, the artist and the song title and you have to use the audio tuning **** to scroll iright f the information is wider than one screen in width. The three lines of info do not get displayed automatically the next time the car is started; it defaults back to the single line display in whatever format I have set.

Hope this helps.
Old 01-14-2005, 06:32 AM

you have to use the audio settings **** for the switch between title and artist. its a bit annoying to do. I find this annoying. I hope they find a way to do as nice a job of making a navi with touch screen and nice controlls like in the TL ( the only thing i like about the TL)
Old 01-14-2005, 08:41 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I have XM and for me it only displays 10 characters worth of channel name/song title/artist name, and I don't think turning the turning **** will scroll them.
Old 01-14-2005, 02:46 PM

I want satellite radio in my Max..............