6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Black on Black frenzy!

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2005, 12:14 PM

Black on Black frenzy!

Well its been awhile since I got the black 20" rims on my black Max. I was loving driving around my city getting all the attention with my car. Everyday I get compliments, everyday I get stares and thumbs ups! I loved being different and having the feeling that Ive got the privelage to drive a rare looking ride. So the other day Im driving home and guess what I see coming the other way? Wow its another black 6th gen with the same grill, and wait, oh my gosh...looks like the same rims!!! Holy crap I cant believe it! I tell my good friend about it (who, by the way, works at a rim shop that I bought my rims from). He says that a few customers have come in with black Maxs, asking about my Max, and wanting to do the same. I dont know. Im sorry for the vent,but I think I want to go for a new scheme now. I just dont feel original anymore! I cant wait for the day that I pull up next to the Max that looks exactly like mine!!!
Old 01-17-2005, 12:37 PM

A copy of your MAX is the best compliment you can get. Try choosing some purple or orange painted rims the next time. I'm sure you will be the only that on the road with that configuration.
Old 01-17-2005, 12:40 PM
is invisible

Just make sure your plates read: 1STBLKMAX (if that fits )
Old 01-17-2005, 12:45 PM
my rear view mirrors flap like a f-ing bird

I tell you the truth, I was going to go with a black max with black rims also, before I seened your car... but the one the dealer had chrome five spoke rims, no likie. so I picked silver...

but I like you're car, hopefully you keep them or get some other hot rims....
Old 01-17-2005, 02:33 PM

I'm actually curious what bronze volks would look like on a black max. Oynx is the color I plan on going with for my max so I've been thinking about different rim combinations as it's the one thing I would mod. Well besides a car computer.
Old 01-17-2005, 04:29 PM
2004 Smoke

No offence Tek-niq, but I find your combo of wheels and lowering make your car look a bit like a tractor...

Plus, got help you if you get a blow-out at high speed (with no rubber)....
Old 01-17-2005, 06:16 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Tek-niq's signature pic isn't real. It's photochopped, and it looks pretty darn good.
Old 01-17-2005, 09:11 PM

Damn thread jackers! Jk! But to be off topic also...yes Tek-Niqs sig is obviously a photoshop with the stock rims!
Old 01-17-2005, 09:58 PM
SuPeRmOd

DvS, thought you new the consequences of stardom? A custom plate of sorts, darker tint (if not done by imitators) or something seems necessary. Do you dare invite them to the Org?

I know how you feel though, I was rolling pretty until I saw an Onyx Max last year in my home town area. They have the the elipical (sp.) grille though and had NJ plates. [so wtf are they still doing around here?]

but hey, which is worse: imitators or haters?
Old 01-17-2005, 10:53 PM

Mike33: I am with you. I wonder what bornze 5zigen rims or any bronze rims would look like on an Onyx. I have a 2005 Onyx so if u have photoshop or can score a pic of bronze rims on a black max, lemme know
Old 01-17-2005, 10:57 PM

bronze wheels? my first photoshop so if it looks like crap, bear with me

Old 01-18-2005, 06:29 AM

Who cares if someone copied you. Your car is probably the nicest car on this org. Just enjoy the ride and lower that thing.
Old 01-18-2005, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by NismoMax80
DvS, thought you new the consequences of stardom? A custom plate of sorts, darker tint (if not done by imitators) or something seems necessary. Do you dare invite them to the Org?

I know how you feel though, I was rolling pretty until I saw an Onyx Max last year in my home town area. They have the the elipical (sp.) grille though and had NJ plates. [so wtf are they still doing around here?]

but hey, which is worse: imitators or haters?
I would have to go with Haters! They are worse. Of course she will be lowered very soon. Just waiting for the Eibachs to come in! Then I will love mine even more!!!

Hmmm...you guys are giving me ideas of some bronze rims now! Let me do some research and get back to you guys.
Old 01-18-2005, 10:56 AM
SuPeRmOd

Originally Posted by DvSMAXXX04
Hmmm...you guys are giving me ideas of some bronze rims now! Let me do some research and get back to you guys.
you know that would require you giving 6th gen forum first dibs on a reasonable price for those sick black ones? (maybe you can take the copy-cats to the track and place the wheels on the line?)

just think how many 4th gens are similar. they all look great and it's Maxima Love. good luck with that.
Old 01-18-2005, 03:01 PM

the black rims look hooooooot. but pal379, those photoshops do look bad, not that i could do better, but just letting u know, they dont look real at all. good try tho.
Old 01-18-2005, 04:34 PM

you know that would require you giving 6th gen forum first dibs on a reasonable price for those sick black ones? (maybe you can take the copy-cats to the track and place the wheels on the line?)

just think how many 4th gens are similar. they all look great and it's Maxima Love. good luck with that.
Of course...this would be the first place I would go to sell my rims. But this is just an option right now. Not making any promises. I still love my rims and have to be fully convinced on some brand new bronze rims.
Old 01-18-2005, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by DvSMAXXX04
Well its been awhile since I got the black 20" rims on my black Max. I was loving driving around my city getting all the attention with my car. Everyday I get compliments, everyday I get stares and thumbs ups! I loved being different and having the feeling that Ive got the privelage to drive a rare looking ride. So the other day Im driving home and guess what I see coming the other way? Wow its another black 6th gen with the same grill, and wait, oh my gosh...looks like the same rims!!! Holy crap I cant believe it! I tell my good friend about it (who, by the way, works at a rim shop that I bought my rims from). He says that a few customers have come in with black Maxs, asking about my Max, and wanting to do the same. I dont know. Im sorry for the vent,but I think I want to go for a new scheme now. I just dont feel original anymore! I cant wait for the day that I pull up next to the Max that looks exactly like mine!!!
Hate to say it, but black cars have been using black rims with the polished lip for quite a while now. Take it with a grain of salt. Your car looks nice.....hell, 2 years ago I wanted black ZR1 rims on my Cayenne Red Z28. The style of rims you have is pretty popular now and dark cars seem to be drawn towards the black out rim style. I know it sucks you want to be different, but that is hard to do with the Maxima now a days.....there is not many options out there....we all have very few grill options, lots of Trendz grills, or some like mine. I changed my interior to silver carbon....but lots will change their interior soon to different stuff......not many stuff for the Max again. I got my Spirited Bronze because it was there, no black SE on the lot, but if I had a black SE...would go with the black rims, dark tint, and maybe tinted tails.....you get the picture. Again, there is really not much out there for the 6th gen so far so expect some emulation. Take it as a show of flattery.
Old 01-18-2005, 07:44 PM

Pal379: Can u try putting normal looking and normal sized bronze rims on ur photoshop??
Old 01-18-2005, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by carcus
Hate to say it, but black cars have been using black rims with the polished lip for quite a while now. Take it with a grain of salt. Your car looks nice.....hell, 2 years ago I wanted black ZR1 rims on my Cayenne Red Z28. The style of rims you have is pretty popular now and dark cars seem to be drawn towards the black out rim style. I know it sucks you want to be different, but that is hard to do with the Maxima now a days.....there is not many options out there....we all have very few grill options, lots of Trendz grills, or some like mine. I changed my interior to silver carbon....but lots will change their interior soon to different stuff......not many stuff for the Max again. I got my Spirited Bronze because it was there, no black SE on the lot, but if I had a black SE...would go with the black rims, dark tint, and maybe tinted tails.....you get the picture. Again, there is really not much out there for the 6th gen so far so expect some emulation. Take it as a show of flattery.
Yes I know that black cars with black rims have been around. Im just talkin in general...a black 6th gen with black 20s is a little rare here in Virginia Beach.
Old 01-18-2005, 09:07 PM
*moderator*

I am just stoked to have a Maxima period. At least we aren't on G35.org, might as well be Accord.org the way I see those G35's around here.
I am lucky (or unlucky) to see one Maxima on the road every day...
I did see a silver Max lowered with 20's a couple of weeks ago, I will admit I was bummed but it's inevitable.
By the way I was at the BMW dealership today to pick up a friend and the Max drew a quite a few lookie loos...he he he suckers I saved $20,000!!!!!
Old 01-19-2005, 09:34 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

A black car with bronze rims make me think of "The Bandit." All it needs is a screaming eagle on the hood...
Old 01-19-2005, 01:26 PM

Its a good look brother...

You can always get those posers back by adding extra performance mods and not just exterior flash. Smoke em off the line = payback. Although those 20's are heavy and SLOW ya down
Old 01-19-2005, 04:00 PM

i dont think driving a black maxima period is going to be rare ride..... no offense

its like driving a black vette w/ black rims...
Old 01-19-2005, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by PaL379
bronze wheels? my first photoshop so if it looks like crap, bear with me

The color combo on this car it reminds me of Smokey and The Bandit
Old 01-19-2005, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by x X CLoud X x
i dont think driving a black maxima period is going to be rare ride..... no offense

The black Vette is one of the least common vettes at least around where I live. Yellow, white, red and silver are all much more common then the black vettes.
Old 01-19-2005, 04:43 PM

And like I said ALREADY...I know this...Im talking about driving MY Max here in Va Beach. Im not saying a black Max is rare...but what do you know you didnt even read or even comprehend this whole thread.
Old 01-19-2005, 04:56 PM

DvSMAXXX04, what do you think of this chop?
its your ride, with some bronze wheels
Old 01-19-2005, 05:00 PM

ehhh....its alright. Maybe with different rims. I really dont like the choice of rims. Try making it look a little lower too. I would do the photoshop but I dont have the program. Thanks.

Here ya go, the only good pic I could find. Theyre Volk Racing TE37 rims if u wanna find another pic somewhere.

Old 01-19-2005, 05:14 PM

Heres a pic of a hot *** black G35 with bronze rims. Lovin the rims. Just dont know what rims they are.

Old 01-19-2005, 05:51 PM

[QUOTE=DvSMAXXX04]Heres a pic of a hot *** black G35 with bronze rims. Lovin the rims. Just dont know what rims they are.
QUOTE]

those look like they are volks racing rims. I'm at work with 56k vconnection right now so not goign to search the internet but I believe SF is the model could be wrong but they def look like volk rims.

The TE37 is one I would consider getting on my max. There is a nother model of volks I would look at to though along with RH C4.
Old 01-19-2005, 05:59 PM

1st off this is what you said "I loved being different and having the feeling that Ive got the privelage to drive a rare looking ride. " rare looking ride and maxima is an OXYMORON....

2nd those rims on the G are VOLK SF WINNING
Old 01-19-2005, 06:06 PM

1st off this is what you said "I loved being different and having the feeling that Ive got the privelage to drive a rare looking ride. " rare looking ride and maxima is an OXYMORON....

2nd those rims on the G are VOLK SF WINNING
How about having the feeling that Ive got the privelage to drive MY OWN RARE looking ride. Thats what I meant. There is or should I say was no Max out of all the Maxs here that looked like mine. Dude just get over whatever point youre trying to make and understand mine a little.
Old 01-19-2005, 08:41 PM

That G35 is AWESOME with the bronze VR rims
Old 01-19-2005, 10:23 PM

the g35 looks sweet, although those rims look more gold than bronze, or maybe i'm just color blind!

Old 01-19-2005, 11:06 PM
*moderator*

Originally Posted by Willster
The color combo on this car it reminds me of Smokey and The Bandit
Go Bandit!!! It just needs one of these on the hood...
Old 01-20-2005, 03:00 AM

Just as I thought. Black car and gold/bronze rims looks great. Now if one of you photoshop pros can graft a NICE set of bronze rims on a black MAX and post pics . . ..
Old 01-20-2005, 08:02 AM

Nice...now who wants first dibs on my rims???
Old 01-20-2005, 08:54 AM
SuPeRmOd

$10

each of course. wait, are you including tires?
so you've decided on a bronze set? pics are necessary.
Old 01-20-2005, 12:44 PM

$10

each of course. wait, are you including tires?
so you've decided on a bronze set? pics are necessary.
Wow...$10?? How about u add about $500-$600 more per wheel and we can talk. (Yes that includes tires!) I havent really decided on the bronze yet but Ive taken it into consideration and Im getting very convinced right now. The eibachs are finally enroute on the shipment now, so Im gonna see how its gonna look with my current rims first.
Old 01-20-2005, 01:02 PM

Brad I say stick with the black on black...once we slap those Eibachs in, you'll love it even more...

Quick Reply: Black on Black frenzy!