6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

~~2 Major Problems I'm Experiencing With My Car....~~

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2005, 04:12 PM

~~2 Major Problems I'm Experiencing With My Car....~~

....I never really had an issues with my car up until now. This weekend when I took my car up to Tampa to visit some family I noticed like a little rattling/vibrating sound in between the driver seat and the back passenger seat. It's like right in the middle of that bar that divides the doors. It sounds as if a screw was loose some where in there. Anyone know what this might be?

Also, my left front speaker has been fading in and out as of late. At times I'm listening to a song and all of a sudden the speaker dies on me in the sense that when I check to see how that one speaker sounds it sounds muffled, but than at times when I put a song that has lots of bass it seems that it helps 'kick start' the speaker back up. This is annoying because at one moment I'm listening to a song with all the speakers and than the next second I realize that every other speaker is working as should except for that front one. Any ideas on what this can be as well?

BTW, the speaker is not blown it just fades in and out at times.

Old 02-14-2005, 04:20 PM

Wish I had some ideas, but take it to the dealer. I have heard others talk of speakers cutting out. Could be a bad connection. Make the dealer trace it.....worst thing is though, problems like that seem to be "Unable to duplicate" at the dealer.

As far as the rattle, not sure what it is. Does it rattle during driving or when the stereo is on? Sometimes those problems are hard to isolate, but take it to the dealer and have them check them out. Hopefully some of the guys that had stereo problems on the 6th gen will chime in.
Old 02-14-2005, 05:01 PM

The symptom of a partly blown speaker is just as you describe, sticking to a muffle and then with a little bass it sounds normal again. When the speaker becomes fully blown it will have zero free play in the coil and sound muffled and distorted all the times. Have you been cranking up the tunes by chance?
Old 02-15-2005, 10:09 AM

....that 'rattling noise only occurs while driving at about 70 mph and up as I mention it sounds like a loose screw is in there some where, bit annoying after a while.
Old 02-16-2005, 09:57 AM

....anymore suggestions??
Old 02-16-2005, 12:08 PM
Maxima addiction cured w/ the GS pill

Well... since you probably have a warranty left on the car, just take it to the dealer and let them take care of whatever it is.
Old 02-16-2005, 02:41 PM

As far as that speaker cutting out, have you made sure that it's only the left front one and not all of them on the left? I say this because mine had a problem like this with the whole left side sounding muffled but only with CDs. They ended up replacing the CD changer which took care of it. If it only happens on CDs and it's the entire left side, have the dealer replace your changer...
Old 02-17-2005, 03:58 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Ditto on the CD issue. When you hear it cutting out, see if you're on CD. If so, change over to radio and see if it goes away. If it does, you have a bad CD player.
Old 02-17-2005, 10:45 AM

i had the same problems here, the rattleing noise went away after i installed my greddy exhaust and the problem with the speaker comes from the factory amplifier. i redid my whole audio system soo i have no problems at all