6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Maxima modification page is looking a bit better, what do you think?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2005, 02:47 PM

Maxima modification page is looking a bit better, what do you think?

Hey, just started it, but want some input. I am not a computer whiz, but is this helping? Need some pics of what I am lacking and advice from you all. Trying to archive some things before they are lost. We lost alot of good pics over the months and I am unable to find them.

Please take a look and let me know if this is turning out to be as good of a thing as I intended it to be. Again, this is just my webspace, I make no money off it, just doing it for you all to help out.

No ragging on ANY of the pics. The main point of my page is to show different things. If you like some of the pics, good, if you hate some of the pics...good also, DO NOT FLAME THE OWNERS!!!! Everyone wants to see pics of different stuff....now it will be archived.

I am trying not to duplicate pics. Would love to have some pics of 6th gens of each color for the color page.

I have a pdf file for a 2004 owners manual I am trying to upload but having problems right now. Want to do this as a resource for all of us.

Again, any suggestions are appreciated. Granted, the site looks like crap so far...but will do the best I can. I get pictures in various sizes, sometimes....you can enlarge them only so much.

Be advised, the page will be not always 56K friendly....but you can still see it, sometimes paitence is a good thing.

Link to the page for your bookmarks:

http://myweb.cableone.net/carcster88...re%20Page.html
Old 02-18-2005, 03:13 PM

All I have to say is keep up the good work. The page is good and is coming along. Good on you for taking the initiative! Maybe a new background wallpaper or something (just my opinion). A Max color page is a good idea too!
Old 02-18-2005, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by BLAXIMA2K4
All I have to say is keep up the good work. The page is good and is coming along. Good on you for taking the initiative! Maybe a new background wallpaper or something (just my opinion). A Max color page is a good idea too!
Hook me up with a good background image and I can change that. Looking for options. Appreciate the feedback.
Old 02-18-2005, 04:37 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I've already added the mod site to my favorites. Thnx!
Old 02-18-2005, 04:49 PM
my rear view mirrors flap like a f-ing bird

I cant see one pic on the color side, its a pic right under "liquid silver"
Old 02-18-2005, 04:52 PM

Need some pics of SMOKE, CORAL SAND, and better CHAMPAGNE MIST....hook me up guys.

I know I saw some good smoke ones before....another rare color, as is champagne mist and coral sand.

Please post pics of any of those colors.
Old 02-18-2005, 05:04 PM

How about lowering the resolution on the pics? It won't make them any less clear or anything, but even on DSL it takes quite awhile for the pics to load. The files must be pretty big. On a screen, anything more than 96dpi is a waste, and 72dpi is plenty.
Old 02-18-2005, 05:06 PM

read post 5, carcus........
Old 02-18-2005, 05:12 PM

I made it bigger for ya......

Old 02-18-2005, 05:41 PM

Carcus where did u get that grill from? and how much did u pay?
Old 02-18-2005, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by carcus
Hook me up with a good background image and I can change that. Looking for options. Appreciate the feedback.
Heres a couple:

Old 02-19-2005, 07:42 AM

AWESOME SITE brother! Here's some pics if you wanna add them. Thanks!
JJT

Greddy SPII

Chrome OEM 04' wheels

Billet Grill

Full View
Old 02-19-2005, 03:30 PM

Need some pics of SMOKE, CORAL SAND, and better CHAMPAGNE MIST....hook me up guys.

I know I saw some good smoke ones before....another rare color, as is champagne mist and coral sand.

Please post pics of any of those colors.
Still need some SMOKE, CORAL SAND, and CHAMPAGNE MIST colors.

Hook me up guys. It is almost impossible to find smoke 6th gens. Never seen a Coral Sand or Champagne Mist in person either.

Again, thanks for all the help and the page is updated. All the pics are being archived for easy of use to the members.
Old 02-19-2005, 03:42 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

[QUOTE=carcus]Hey, just started it, but want some input. I am not a computer whiz, but is this helping? Need some pics of what I am lacking and advice from you all. Trying to archive some things before they are lost. We lost alot of good pics over the months and I am unable to find them.

Carcus - do you know anyone who actually has installed this grille? Curious, becasue of all the billets - I like it the best. Just not sure what's and how much is involved in the install...thanks for the reply!

Old 02-19-2005, 03:53 PM

From what I have seen of the pieces, looks like just a snap in part. Have not seen one in person though. It is different, only problem is, you will still get the chipping on the tooth that is unavoidable. By going to aluminum, you negate that factor.

It is nice looking though. Different, and I have never seen one on the road. Removal of the grill is pretty easy on the top...but my tabs were duct taped to the bottom....Nissan actually used duct tape, needless to say, I broke my lower tabs. Had the stock grill in the house, ripped the emblem off it, and trashed it to reduce clutter.
Old 02-19-2005, 07:33 PM

Thought for the trenz grille without the emblem it would like nice with this pic:

And for the engine here is a nice pic of the CF engine cover installed:
Old 02-20-2005, 04:19 AM

Looks sweet....
Old 02-20-2005, 04:29 AM

[QUOTE=04SEelite]
Hey, just started it, but want some input. I am not a computer whiz, but is this helping? Need some pics of what I am lacking and advice from you all. Trying to archive some things before they are lost. We lost alot of good pics over the months and I am unable to find them.

Carcus - do you know anyone who actually has installed this grille? Curious, becasue of all the billets - I like it the best. Just not sure what's and how much is involved in the install...thanks for the reply!

From what i can tell and from the words on the ebay site where they sell this grille. You need to cut out existing pieces of your stock grille, drill holes and attach new grilles with zip ties to your stock grille frame.

Bob
Old 02-20-2005, 01:48 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Thanks Bob - that was my understanding too - maybe if I picked up a used grille from the dealer and then did the mod - that way if it turned to S**t I would still have the OEM to fall back on - if not - then it would be a max with a BIG hole in the front