6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Did anyone else buy the ULTRA protection?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2005, 04:40 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Did anyone else buy the ULTRA protection?

Hi, I bought this service from Nissan, I guess its brand new...

Its called the Ultra Protection and it covers pretty much everything (scratches, chips, tears, etc) to the entire interior (including leather) and exterior for 5 years (no milage limit)

It cost $695 and I can bring in the car an unlimited amount of times!
The only catch is that there is a $100 deductable each time you bring it in but you can have up to 100 things repaired at the same time. So basically you wait til you have a ton of dings and scratches and they take care of all of them!

Its ideal for leases so that you should have a brand new looking car when you give it back.

I bought my car but I know that scratches and dents are inevitable, this way when it happens it wont **** you off as much!

anyone else get this??

-MO-
Old 02-24-2005, 04:46 AM

Originally Posted by MObruin

Its called the Ultra Protection and it covers pretty much everything (scratches, chips, tears, etc) to the entire interior (including leather) and exterior for 5 years (no milage limit)

The only catch is that there is a $100 deductable each time you bring it in but you can have up to 100 things repaired at the same time. So basically you wait til you have a ton of dings and scratches and they take care of all of them!

Its ideal for leases so that you should have a brand new looking car when you give it back.

I bought my car but I know that scratches and dents are inevitable, this way when it happens it wont **** you off as much!

anyone else get this??

-MO-
wow this sounds like a package i would be interested in... especially those who hit the highways often...
Old 02-24-2005, 10:32 AM
SuPeRmOd

but I'm sure it is only available for with new car purchases. Imagine if this was offered with the 04? This sounds worth it b/c I know I already have more than $800 of minor cosmetic damage.
Old 02-24-2005, 02:56 PM
wsu

Too good to be true?

Originally Posted by MObruin

anyone else get this??

-MO-

I purchased my 2005 SL just before Christmas of 2004, and the Ultra Protection plan was not mentioned to me.

From what I understand of your brief description of the Ultra Protection plan you purchased, it almost sounds too good to be true. Is there fine print that limits the duration or repair standard of the coverage? From what you have described, a person could wait for just under five years from the purchase date (perhaps in preparation for selling/trading the vehicle), and the Ultra Protection plan would have to cover nearly five years of scratches, chips, tears, etc. and you would only be out the $100 deductible(?).

I was not able to find the Ultra Protection plan on the NissanUSA site. Please provide more information.
Old 02-24-2005, 04:24 PM
You gon' pay what you owe

This sounds like a service that the dealer itself was offering. On the contract, does it say if the car needs to be taken to a particular group of dealerships or to any Nissan dealer?

I've seen where dealerships offer their own services outside of the Nissan services. As an example, the dealer I bought my Max from did not even offer Nissan's Maintenance + service package. However, they had one of their own that they were perfectly willing to sell me. Of course I declined because that dealership is out of town for me.
Old 02-25-2005, 08:22 PM
SuPeRmOd

this is a dealer service. my dealer has never heard of anything like this by Nissan. I'd look at the fine print and would get it.
Old 02-25-2005, 09:29 PM

I just purchased my 05SL 2 weeks ago and was not offered this package. My buddy just bought an 05Tl and he has a similiar package for his car. They fix any ding on VERTICAL SURFACES ONLY. Thats their way around hail damage. I would definately purchase it for my car if it was offered. I think he paid around 600.00.
Old 02-26-2005, 01:25 PM
Banned

vertical surfaces only? how nice, so stone chips that may be on the hood wont be repaired? it sounds like a ripoff in that case. Be careful and you should be fine my car has 29,000mi on it an its pretty darn near perfect.
Old 02-26-2005, 01:46 PM

Yeah only vertical surfaces. I think mostly its for this nasty door dings from other careless people and those pesky shopping carts. I am not sure about how much copay he has to pay for each repair.
Old 02-26-2005, 02:59 PM
wsy
Newbie - Just Registered

For those interested in preventing paint chips, consider getting a clear bra installed. I've had it installed on all of my cars, and I haven't had a chip in years.