6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Repositioning the info screen. Help, PLEASE!

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2005, 03:32 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Repositioning the info screen. Help, PLEASE!

Hi, I have 2005 Maxima SL. I have been looking almost everywhere for info how to move info screen from original place to the bottom of the dash (right in front of the gear shift handle). I would like to know, where to get a ribbon extension cable to relocate the display more to the bottom of the dash. Maybe you also know which display would be the best choice in order to fit where info display is?
I TRIED TO FIND THIS IN THIS FORUM BY MYSELF NOT TO BOTHER YOU GUYS, BUT... YOU CAN SEE THE RESULT.
Thanks for any help.
Old 03-04-2005, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by koper
Hi, I have 2005 Maxima SL. I have been looking almost everywhere for info how to move info screen from original place to the bottom of the dash (right in front of the gear shift handle). I would like to know, where to get a ribbon extension cable to relocate the display more to the bottom of the dash. Maybe you also know which display would be the best choice in order to fit where info display is?
I TRIED TO FIND THIS IN THIS FORUM BY MYSELF NOT TO BOTHER YOU GUYS, BUT... YOU CAN SEE THE RESULT.
Thanks for any help.
I just got an email from a 04 Maxima owner that did the install himself. Name is ANdy, not sure if he is a member of the board or not. He has a sweet setup. Once I get info back from him I will pass it on. This is what he did by the way.

Looks clean!!
Old 03-04-2005, 05:21 PM

Thanks a lot. I will be right here
Old 03-04-2005, 05:52 PM

The more i see this the more i want this done. Definatly hit us up with that info if you get it.
Old 03-04-2005, 06:06 PM

Got an email back from him and he said there was plenty of room in the cable to move it to the lower position, no modification needed at all. Last pic I have seen of the dash opened up was from chrisaust, white ribbon cable from what I understand is the LED cable. Looks long enough to me:

You would have to remove the lower door, but that would not be a problem.

More info to follow. I pointed ANdy to the site and hopefully he can hook us all up. Seems like a few people have done this....but we never get the how stuff.

This one here was done without a Metra dash kit. Not sure if the OEM CD or tape deck will still function though. Owner of this install is unknown. I am thinking that in this setup, the stock display was moved to the bottom, new DVD, CD combo installed on top.....stock tape and CD are non functional....again, not sure. PAC connectors would be needed to make the steering wheel functions work, if they still do in this case. I imagine about 1000 bucks for the LCD/DVD pictured here and about 100 bucks labor on the install if you did not do it yourself....than PAC connectors for the wheel controls.

This is not really my area of expertice.
Old 03-04-2005, 06:36 PM

That is just great. Finally something explaining: How did you...???
Thank you for your time to reply.
If you have anything more related - I am sure - more will be greatefull.
Thanks again.
Old 03-05-2005, 01:26 PM
my rear view mirrors flap like a f-ing bird

thats cool info
Old 03-05-2005, 05:16 PM
*moderator*

I was talking about this with my wife while on my honeymoon, I think this is my next planned mod. Not sure if I want to go nav up top or just add another screen in there.
Let's get that info!!!