6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Here's the Actual Greddy Clips

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2005, 07:11 PM

Here's the Actual Greddy Clips

Hope this works - thanks viguera & ohthatshot for the ideas on video hosting.

Excuse the dirty Greddy's and Car - took the vids same day after hitting some left over rain puddles

First video is standard - second is different angle but closer and 3rd is from inside car with the windows closed. Hope you enjoy!
JJT

http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=Greddy-1

http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=Greddy-II

http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=Greddy-door-closed
Old 04-07-2005, 07:21 PM
350 Detroit Muscle

sounds good. little different than my SP on 3.0
Old 04-07-2005, 07:25 PM

WOW! Those sound sick. Too bad I have a 7 year warranty. Those would probably void it right?
Old 04-07-2005, 07:33 PM
Banned

They do sound really good, but Id never want my car to sound like that, well, not permanently atleast. Maybe if it was a skyline GT-R
Old 04-07-2005, 07:43 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

OMG that sounds sick... I just hate the look though, maybe a bit too much "grapefruit launcher" for my taste, and I love the stock quad in the back...

But the sound is great, without a doubt.
Old 04-07-2005, 07:52 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

i love how it sounds in the car. nice mod!
Old 04-07-2005, 07:58 PM

I don't get it... I was kind expecting some really cool videos of you at the track tearing it up from the increased HP. Little disappointed in the fact you only had driveway vids, no action there - what a let down.

Just bustin your ***** bro, it does sound good
Old 04-07-2005, 08:24 PM
Banned

great sound, i really like it.

I guess it would sound bit different when the car is actually moving?
i wanna hear it in person...
Old 04-07-2005, 08:29 PM

Very nice...sounds mean. Just wish they made a smaller muffler.
Old 04-07-2005, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by eLMo
WOW! Those sound sick. Too bad I have a 7 year warranty. Those would probably void it right?
Thats a good question....anyone know for sure if it DOES void the warranty?

Sounds good Jitsu! Still creamin over those rims??
Old 04-07-2005, 09:26 PM

Thanks guys - I will try and take some more this weekend of the car actually moving so you could hear it in action.

As for the look, its an acquired taste I guess. I wasnt a huge fan at first until I started it up and then I forgot all about it. The look grew on me and now I dont even care for the quad exhaust that much. Still wish the cans could be smaller but overall I LOVE this mod.

Seriously it is much quieter when on the road until you hit 4K RPMS - then it really opens up with the intake. I think its a deeper sound than the G35 and sounds great IMO. I couldn't imagine going back to the original setup. Also figure that I shot that video in a garage that amplified it some. :

BTW - My dealership put the Greddys on and said it did not void any warranty - cept maybe on the OEM muffler of course, but it's long gone anyway.

JJT
Old 04-08-2005, 12:10 AM

Sounds great!! Not sure about the burbling sound when you let off. How does it sound at idle with windows closed?
Old 04-08-2005, 02:19 PM

Dues - It is VERY quiet when sitting at idle. I never even notice the sound unles I hit over 4K RPMS.
Old 04-08-2005, 03:19 PM

That thing sounds nice.
Old 04-08-2005, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by Jayzmax04
Thats a good question....anyone know for sure if it DOES void the warranty?

Sounds good Jitsu! Still creamin over those rims??
The Dealership has to PROVE that the modification caused the problem. I think it also depends on the dealership and how "mod friendly" they are. I have the GReddy SP2 as well, and the service rep at the dealership I take my car to loves the exhaust and Injen CAI I have. I specifically asked him before I had them installed if either a new exhaust or intake would void the warranty. He said no.
Old 04-08-2005, 05:53 PM

wow!!!!!!! the look and sound is great nice job
Old 04-09-2005, 09:04 PM

sounds good but i would like to hear some video inside the car while you are driving it also mabye have someone stand outside while u drive by. All around nice sound and nice look but i am not sure if the droning sound will get annoying after a while. Also do you know how emissions are and will they pass inspection. I appreciate you work on the video i ahve been wondering how they sound for a while. Good luck with your ride!
Old 04-10-2005, 03:28 AM

JiuJitsu - You have a lot of mods on your Max. Intake, exhaust etc. Do you really notice a performance difference? I have heard that you lose torque when you gain horsepower by intake and exhaust upgrades. What has been your experience?

BTW Killer rims.....
Old 04-10-2005, 04:43 PM

Well you guys are gonna hate me, ut I don't like fart cans on my car. Loud exaust is annoying to me. I drive all day and thats the last thing I want to hear. To me a cars intake sucking in a mass volume of air and hearing a well built motor is much more impressive than exaust noise. I might add a big cam is impressive too.
Old 04-11-2005, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by eLMo
any problems thats cuz by the MODS will be void..but issues they cant attach to the mod will still be covered under warranty.. i think...they have to link the problem to the mod to void the warranty and not cover for it...BTW clip seems really nice..thinking if i should..^^
Old 04-11-2005, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by 05MAXIJJ
any problems thats cuz by the MODS will be void..but issues they cant attach to the mod will still be covered under warranty.. i think...they have to link the problem to the mod to void the warranty and not cover for it...BTW clip seems really nice..thinking if i should..^^
I don't know of any malfunctions that exhaust has caused. I think that someone above posted that their dealer put it on for them. I think that one other person has a problem with a SES light when they installed a K&N filter. Just ask you local dealer BEFORE you do mods to see if they say it will void your warranty. Unless you feel like driving 50 miles to another dealer.
Old 07-10-2005, 03:04 PM

greddy cat back

does the greddy cat back exhaust system require the custom enterprise Y-Pipe? does it come with its own y-pipe for the exhaust system? any info that relates to the exhaust system would be appriciated! thank you.
Old 07-11-2005, 08:18 AM

Dont know for sure, but i dont think you have to get the Y-pipe to be able to install the greddy... but I also dont think it includes its own.... I think you can do any combination, y-pipe only, greddy only, or both
Old 07-11-2005, 11:44 AM
GrandPa

Originally Posted by tototee999
does the greddy cat back exhaust system require the custom enterprise Y-Pipe? does it come with its own y-pipe for the exhaust system? any info that relates to the exhaust system would be appriciated! thank you.
You can just install the Greddy. Take the old one off and the new one goes in with no problem. The Y-pipe is a different part of the system. You acn always install the y-pipe later. I just installed my y-pipe a month ago. Later Warren

Old 07-11-2005, 11:45 AM

Ramberg is correct. Y Pipe can be installed later.
Old 07-11-2005, 06:47 PM
my rear view mirrors flap like a f-ing bird

I heard Rambergs Greddy with the intake, and I like the sound of it... they are not that loud, they have a nice "humm" sound..

the intake makes more noice than anything..
Old 07-12-2005, 05:44 AM

Originally Posted by BLAXIMA2K4
Very nice...sounds mean. Just wish they made a smaller muffler.
I think someone was listening!

Hope this is OK to mention now....

It looks like Cattman is coming out with a new cat-back system that will keep the dual-pipe setup. If I recall correctly it will be stainless steel and the pipes will be a bit larger than the ones on our Maximas, but may not be quite as large as the chrome covers we have there now (I don't have the exact specs).

To me, this sounds like a very good idea (keeping a similar to stock look). I know that many of us just don't like the big tubes (too "ricey" for me) like this Greddy so the dual smaller tubes should be great assuming it makes some power (which I understand it will) and sounds nice.

Oh, and as for the loud sound of the Greddy, it is my understanding that this new system will come in two versions...one standard, and one touring with the touring version being quieter.
Old 07-12-2005, 06:55 AM

I am going to make another video clip with the Greddy's from inside the car and walking around it at idle - they aren't loud until you punch it. My video recorder was right next to the pipes and the car being inside the garage, so that accounts for it being a little loud.

Anyway - good deal about the Cattman's - that should be sweet.
Old 07-12-2005, 07:29 AM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

I love the sound and feel of the CANNONs on my ride...
Old 07-12-2005, 11:13 AM

Real life sounds even better than the clips I think (all the while the clips still sound nice).

For those who don't know, when driving normal around town they are quiter than a 350z/G35/FX. At WOT, they can be louder than the above cars. With Intake....yeah baby. So if you can tolerate the exhaust of a 350z/G35/FX, you can MORE than tolerate the Greddy. Nothing like rollin passed someone at WOT and their jaw on the floor because It's a Maxima making that mean music. An Intake really compliments the sound, if you did exhaust go do an Intake. My dealer was completely fine with Exhaust and Intake. As long as the intake is not foam they're cool with it (especially if it's a K&N).
Old 07-12-2005, 01:54 PM
GrandPa

Originally Posted by bigcozz
sounds good but i would like to hear some video inside the car while you are driving it also mabye have someone stand outside while u drive by. All around nice sound and nice look but i am not sure if the droning sound will get annoying after a while. Also do you know how emissions are and will they pass inspection. I appreciate you work on the video i ahve been wondering how they sound for a while. Good luck with your ride!
Let me know when you would like to hear it in person?

Old 07-12-2005, 01:55 PM
GrandPa

[QUOTE=JiuJitsuThug]Hope this works - thanks viguera & ohthatshot for the ideas on video hosting.

Sounds good.
Old 07-12-2005, 01:58 PM
GrandPa

Originally Posted by VTmaximaVT
great sound, i really like it.

I guess it would sound bit different when the car is actually moving?
i wanna hear it in person...
I am driving down to Florida next month. Are you near I95? Let me know and I can meet you. Later Warren
Old 07-12-2005, 01:59 PM
GrandPa

Originally Posted by Maxium
I don't get it... I was kind expecting some really cool videos of you at the track tearing it up from the increased HP. Little disappointed in the fact you only had driveway vids, no action there - what a let down.

Just bustin your ***** bro, it does sound good
Same as reply to VT.

Old 07-13-2005, 10:03 AM

Sounds sweet. i kinda missed the sound of an exhaust. But at the same time I like the peace and quiet.
Old 07-13-2005, 08:48 PM

I just got mine installed today and i love the sound its really classy not at all like a rice box honda rolling by. I love it but i was wondering have any of you scraped it going out of drive way etc if so is there any way to raise it just abit
Old 07-14-2005, 12:22 AM
GrandPa

Originally Posted by bigcozz
I just got mine installed today and i love the sound its really classy not at all like a rice box honda rolling by. I love it but i was wondering have any of you scraped it going out of drive way etc if so is there any way to raise it just abit
Mine scraps a little when I put more weight into the car. I go very slow when I leave my driveway. Is your ride lowered?
Old 07-16-2005, 08:51 AM

gots to get me a greddy. love the sound. need more info on the cattman.
Old 07-19-2005, 11:12 AM

nah it aint lowered but i will just go realllly slow from drve way.
Old 07-28-2005, 06:55 AM

looks like they hang pretty low? Are the lower than the standard? Do you hit them on bumps or steep driveways?

Quick Reply: Here's the Actual Greddy Clips