6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Navigation Self Diagnostic Menu

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2004, 04:12 PM
DiRtY ThIrTy

Navigation Screen Self Diagnostic Menu

just in case anyone was curious i know the way to access the self diagnostic menu...it works for navigation which is what i have but im not sure about non-navi systems...
1. put key in ignition but turn to acc position
2. wait till nissan logo appears on navi and then make sure the radio is off
3. hold the pause/mute button while turning the volume button a quarter turn right, then a quarter turn left, then a quarter turn right and a quarter turn left again...you should see the self diagnostic system start up...

please use this at your won risk as to i am not sure if you could mess anything up...i didnt but who knows with cars

i didnt even know what some of the thigns meant but it is kind of cool to make sure everything is working properly

Old 05-24-2004, 04:59 AM
Banned

Be careful not to reset the error messages or the dealer will not believe you when you tell him that
you have been having intermediate problems.
Old 05-26-2004, 07:04 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Here's all I could find on the Navi system...nothing yet on the non-navi system access...

Nissan Navigation System
Using an onboard computer, DVD atlas, joystick operation, and GPS satellites, the optional
Nissan Navigation System (SL, SE) pinpoints the vehicle’s location, defines the destination,
and calculates the best route.
• The navigation system has been enhanced, incorporating the features
of the information monitor (see above) and also includes a self-diagnosis function.
— To enter self diagnosis mode, turn off the audio system, then press and hold the
PAUSE/MUTE button while quickly rotating the volume control **** back and
forth.
— The self-diagnosis menu offers the following choices: Self Diag DCU, Self Diag
NAVI, Confirmation/Adjustment, and CAN Diag support monitor.
— Refer to ESM Section AV for self-diagnosis functions.