6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Maxima Interior for 06

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2005, 06:46 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Maxima Interior for 06

I was wonderig what upgrades you think should be made on the 06 maxima interior. I have been looking at the 05 altima's interior and although it isnt as sophisticated as the Max's, it seems like Nissan has put more attention to detail in the Alti. Chrome arouond the speakers, the window controls are aluminum accented, chrome around the gauges, etc...It kind of makes me uncomfortable, almost jealous. I know that bling and chrome are not for everyone, but if they could do anything to further differentiate the Max from the Alti, what would you guys like? Maybe some additional features? Bluetooth perhaps?
Old 04-26-2005, 08:48 PM

The Altima had changed very little for four years, and since this is a key 'car for the masses' it was time that Nissan had something new to show off. Not wanting to mess with a super successful exterior, Nissan addressed the very bland interior. I feel they did a rather nice job. So do most of the reviewers.

I haven't heard anything yet regarding the '06 Maxima, but feel there may be little interior change, especially considering Nissan took the unusual step of changing the interior metal after only one year of the 6th gen. I feel the '06 changes will be mostly superficial and cosmetic on the front and rear, with possibly ten or so HP added. But I could be surprised.

If interior changes are made to the '06, I would feel they might be aimed more at making the interior easier to keep clean and scratch-free than for styling purposes. But then who knows for sure?

We will have a new 'Tire Pressure Low' indicator in the '06, but it could be in corporated either into the screen, or added to the plethora of little warning lights already clustered around the speedo/tach area. I am hoping for a positive TPL system that will show the tire involved. What I would really love would be a fulltime wireless system showing the approximate psi for each of the five tires (including spare). Someday we will have this.

The '06 Maxima will probably begin production in July, so 'insiders' at Nissan already pretty much know exactly what changes will be on the '06.
Old 04-27-2005, 08:41 AM

I agree is saying the the '06 Maxima will probably have some interior changes, but I am not sure about the hp. It would be cool if it got more hp, especially since the Altima/SE-R is so close to the Max in hp. I would think that Nissan would do something special for the '06 Max, especially since this will be the 25th anniversary of the Max. If the car is being released in July of this year, then they already have everything done, so I wonder why we have not been able to get any info on it.
Old 04-27-2005, 01:29 PM

I think he said the car will begin production in July, but it probably won't be released until around early September...
Old 04-27-2005, 02:22 PM

'06 Maxima

Have never owned a Maxima before, interested in buying one. New to this forum. I have flexibility in terms of buying an '05 now or waiting 'till the Fall to buy an '06. Plan to keep for many years. Any suggestions on pros and cons of possibly waiting for the '06? If I knew there'd be no or minor changes, I'd buy now.
Old 04-28-2005, 07:14 AM

Wait till the 06's are released and the dealers will either want to clear out the 05's with discounts from Nissan or willing to drop prices. Unless the 06's have some feature or look you can't live without.

CM
Old 04-28-2005, 05:25 PM

I agree, at this point its better to just wait... you will be more likely to get a better deal on an 05 once the 06's roll out.
Old 04-28-2005, 10:42 PM

When a major redesign is underway, Nissan ballyhoos it loud and clear for months in advance. All the auto mags leap on it. But with new models within a generation (no major changes), Nissan tends to be extremely quiet. Part of this is because the automotive press does not generally pursue getting details when it knows there will be few to discuss.

Since the '06s will not be a major redesign, Nissan may handle this the same way they did the '05s: no announcement of any changes in advance. They began producing the '05s in mid-July, and the first one reached my dealer on August 8th.

By late August, my dealer had 16 '05s on his lot, and was giving very nice deals on the '04s he had left.
Old 04-28-2005, 10:59 PM
Z

The difference between the 05 and 06 may very well be the same difference we late 5th genners witnessed once we rolled our cars off the lot. It's no secret that the 6th gen is underperforming for Nissan, compared to the 5th gen, so they're definitely going to boost the 6th gen up for MY06 and I can't wait to see what they're gonna do to it.
Old 04-29-2005, 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by NYPD-Arnold
The difference between the 05 and 06 may very well be the same difference we late 5th genners witnessed once we rolled our cars off the lot. It's no secret that the 6th gen is underperforming for Nissan, compared to the 5th gen, so they're definitely going to boost the 6th gen up for MY06 and I can't wait to see what they're gonna do to it.
Why do people keep saying that the 6th gen is underperforming for Nissan? I thought that they had sold nearly twice as many as they had expected?
Old 04-30-2005, 10:08 AM

Oh yea now this is a thread for me. Improvments that need to ne made are:

1 More sound dedners in the cabin.

2 Better plastics on the visors.

3 Metal sill plates.

4 more compartments in the console. The SL has 1 besides the glove box and that one is shared with the nav DVD.

5 Climate controls on the wheel.

6 When you buy "Leather" you get "Leather" not suade or leather trimmed.

7 More Bass ( I have the Bose and it's kinda weak )

8 MP3 player.

9 Bluetooth.

Thats a good start. For 36k this should be in the car.
Old 04-30-2005, 10:50 AM
SuPeRmOd

Originally Posted by NYPD-Arnold
where are you #'s? how is that possible when Nissan finally sold 1Mil and got out of debt? The 04 far exceeded any expectations.

or are you copmparing the total run of 5th gens vs. 6th gens? no shet 4 years vs. 2, I would hope so.
Old 04-30-2005, 11:01 AM
Banned

It seems alot of 5th gen owners see the 6th gen as an inferior product, most have never been in one. The 5th gen has problems of its own and is less powerful...they keep pullin the altima card and fail to realize 6th gen owners didnt buy this car because the quarter mile time was of #1 importance. I dont know about most people, but I bought the car because I like how it looks and im satisfied with its performance, as it is better than most 30k cars. The 7th gen is probobly going to look like the 6th, have a little more hp, and the unrest will continue...
Old 04-30-2005, 01:05 PM

Nissan moved the 6th gen Maxima upscale (in room, in features, and in price), moved it slightly more toward the luxurious end of the scale (especially in the SL), and planned on building only 80K, having the acclaimed and competent Altima taking over the role of 'volume leader'.

Nissan ended up building over 131K '04 Maximas. That speaks volumes, and I'm not talking puns.

Of course, that model year was long, since the '04 intro was in March of '03. But 'underperform' as compared with the 5th gen? Certainly not sales-wise. I have both a 5th gen and a 6th gen Maxima, and I feel the 6th gen is a clear 'step up' in many ways over my 5th gen, which is itself an admirable performer.

I feel Nissan would be wise to make minimal frontal and rear facia changes to the '06, concentrating on making it more trouble free (better quality screen and easier to clean/maintain interior materials?) and adding a few useful bells and whistles instead of any redesign of substance.

Just my opinion
Old 04-30-2005, 02:35 PM
Banned

I agree they could make a more attractive front end...something like the Z if that is possible. Other than that I wouldnt want anything more, if this thread is about the interior, you really cant compare the interior of a 6th gen to a 5th gen because they are world's apart.
Old 04-30-2005, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by 04BlackMaxx
I agree they could make a more attractive front end...something like the Z if that is possible. Other than that I wouldnt want anything more, if this thread is about the interior, you really cant compare the interior of a 6th gen to a 5th gen because they are world's apart.
I think they will. Why release the best design first? What does that leve them for the next year? It's only going to get better. As for the 5th gens. I loved mine but it was time to step up. It's a good thing Nissan made the change or I would have gone to another manufacturer. Articles written stated that Nissan was targeting a group of people who were loyal Maxima customers and had a bit more $$ to spend. The 5th gen Max was nice but I won't give up my room anymore! As for the guys and the 1/4 mile times. Heh. Both Max and Alt's are not race cars. If they were racing would be pretty sad.
Old 05-04-2005, 09:29 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I recently talked to a Nissan salesman, he mentioned to me that the next serious "change" will be with the 2008 model year. He was told that it will be AWD, and have an optional V8 engine. I hope he heard right, 265hp is too much for front-wheel drive in my opionion.
Btw, does anyone have a recomendation of a wax to use on myblack (onyx) Max?
Old 05-04-2005, 09:51 PM
SuPeRmOd

interesting. well he played it very safe say 2008, being the 7th gen. what one hears changes a lot in 2+ years.
as for wax: http://forums.maxima.org/forumdispla...sprune=-1&f=69
Old 05-04-2005, 11:50 PM

Maybe they'll have factory wood grain..
Old 05-05-2005, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by Maxima4Ever
I recently talked to a Nissan salesman, he mentioned to me that the next serious "change" will be with the 2008 model year. He was told that it will be AWD, and have an optional V8 engine. I hope he heard right, 265hp is too much for front-wheel drive in my opionion.
Btw, does anyone have a recomendation of a wax to use on myblack (onyx) Max?
Yeah, but 2 years is a while away and a lot could change between now and then, but if Nissan plans on boosting the hp and getting past 265 in the Maxima , then they would almost have to take it AWd. An optional V8 would be cool, if it is AWD and V8 they could make the 7th gen Max absolutely insane. Hopefully, some things about the 7th gen will start to come out soon, because odds are they are working on it right now, since it is only 2 years away.
Old 05-05-2005, 02:43 PM

I'd like to see the following changes in the 2006 Max.
1.) All the silver plastic pieces of crap be made from some type of metal or material that doesn't scratch when you breath on it.
2.) The dust bin...I mean the control screen area be flush with the dash as to not collect tons of dust.
3.) The control screen made out of something that doesn't scratch when you breath on it.
4.) More R&D to ensure less rattling and sound deadening.
5.) And of course...more HP.
Old 05-05-2005, 06:11 PM

I agree with the HP. If they boost it, my gut says 280, just to edge out the TL.. hehe Probably just gonna be a selling feature more than anthing as the HP its pushing now is more than enough for me.
Old 05-05-2005, 06:44 PM
You gon' pay what you owe

Originally Posted by clayman88
I'd like to see the following changes in the 2006 Max.
1.) All the silver plastic pieces of crap be made from some type of metal or material that doesn't scratch when you breath on it.
2.) The dust bin...I mean the control screen area be flush with the dash as to not collect tons of dust.
3.) The control screen made out of something that doesn't scratch when you breath on it.
4.) More R&D to ensure less rattling and sound deadening.
5.) And of course...more HP.
They did address item #1 with the 2005s. I have yet to get a scratch. I hear you on the dust bin though. I think Nissan only recessed the screen to cut down on glare but I'm sure there are other ways to go about it.
Old 05-05-2005, 07:22 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Clayman u couldnt be more right!! My Navigation screen is a huge dust collector, and I dont ever recall touching the (cheap) plastic screen but it has scratches on it already, along with the metal around my shift column. Has anyone seen any aftermarket products to shade the navigation screen, like a visor, I think the Infiniti has one if I am not mistaken.

I am hoping for more HP and AWD.
Old 05-06-2005, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by Maxima4Ever
Clayman u couldnt be more right!! My Navigation screen is a huge dust collector, and I dont ever recall touching the (cheap) plastic screen but it has scratches on it already, along with the metal around my shift column. Has anyone seen any aftermarket products to shade the navigation screen, like a visor, I think the Infiniti has one if I am not mistaken.

I am hoping for more HP and AWD.
I heard that the Maxima would be getting the AWD system from the G35 within 1-2 years, meaning the 7th gen probably. But, who knows how true that is? Can only wait til info about it starts coming out.
Old 05-06-2005, 09:37 AM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

I vote AWD, minimum 300hp with a Limited Maxima SE-R supercharged version with a slightly raised hood sitting on 20's, Infinity stereo and guage console. Those are just quick thoughts...
Old 05-06-2005, 11:30 AM
Nue
Newbie - Just Registered

i hope they get rid of the useless tape deck and give us other options to put there.
Old 05-06-2005, 11:32 AM
SuPeRmOd

Originally Posted by Maxima 504
Maybe they'll have factory wood grain..
ever hear of SL?
Old 05-06-2005, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by lightonthehill
Nissan moved the 6th gen Maxima upscale (in room, in features, and in price), moved it slightly more toward the luxurious end of the scale (especially in the SL), and planned on building only 80K, having the acclaimed and competent Altima taking over the role of 'volume leader'.

Nissan ended up building over 131K '04 Maximas. That speaks volumes, and I'm not talking puns.

Of course, that model year was long, since the '04 intro was in March of '03. But 'underperform' as compared with the 5th gen? Certainly not sales-wise. I have both a 5th gen and a 6th gen Maxima, and I feel the 6th gen is a clear 'step up' in many ways over my 5th gen, which is itself an admirable performer.

I feel Nissan would be wise to make minimal frontal and rear facia changes to the '06, concentrating on making it more trouble free (better quality screen and easier to clean/maintain interior materials?) and adding a few useful bells and whistles instead of any redesign of substance.

Just my opinion
Yes sales of the 04 was about on par with 2000, 120-130k units the 02/03 only sold 90 and 83 k units which was planned by Nissan. The 04 SL really doesnt offer any more than a 03 GLE as far as features goes (only thing really not on the 03 GLE vs the 04 SL is the ability to adjust the headlight sensor and oil change thingy) other wise they are similiarly equiped standard., The SE offered the 4 seat back seat option which the 03 didnt offer. Other wise they are closer in features offered per say vs 02 and 01 in which the 02 offered alot more than the 01 (HIDs, memory seats, available NAV, heated wheel etc.). Both 5.5 and 6th gen are great choices it just depends on which ones styling fits you!
Old 05-07-2005, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by Nue
i hope they get rid of the useless tape deck and give us other options to put there.
Replace the Tape Deck with an IPOD connection.... :P
Old 05-07-2005, 11:22 AM
Banned

Replace the dash finish with something rubbery like in the past gen 7 series BMW. Bring the elbow rest forward more and FLAT (the pop up feature is stupid because the thing is sloped down anyway) Either lower the seat, or raise the dash...I dont like the feeling Im looking down on the dash, I like being behind it more.
Old 05-07-2005, 11:35 AM
my rear view mirrors flap like a f-ing bird

well the new infiniti M has bout 330 hp.....

I would like a 320 hp RWD or AWD with the fog lights seperate from the headlight... tape deck can go to hell and replace it with a digital player like the ipod.. and its bout time they throw in a dvd player and screen from factory also...
Old 05-07-2005, 12:10 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by -AoW-JP
Thats a good start. For 36k this should be in the car.
$36k?? Did you really pay that much??
Old 05-07-2005, 12:16 PM
my rear view mirrors flap like a f-ing bird

Originally Posted by Jayzmax04
prob has the ELITE max...
Old 05-07-2005, 12:36 PM
SuPeRmOd

Originally Posted by Jayzmax04
wow, that means i get all my mods for free, including my extended warranty, fees, interest, and some gas!!!!

MONTE 01,
there are so many little features you're not noticing like entry assist telescoping wheel, auto lumbar, diming side mirrors(05) 360w 8 speaker Bose, and others i can't recall interior wise. oh yeah the feature only the dealer could change for the 5.5 like alram sounds/flashes, auto headlight timing, adj. the entry/exist setting... other upgrades include the indep. rear suspension, manumatic 5 speed... there was a lot more added in the 6th gen.
Old 05-07-2005, 08:52 PM

I want bluetooth and keyless entry/ignition. It would nice to have a RWD max again, but I don't think that's gonna happen.

Most likely, I'll be sitting in a M45 in the next couple of months though.
Old 05-07-2005, 09:05 PM

It would be nice if you could not just roll down the windows, but also open the roof and close the windows with the clicker. Also, if the trunk was power lifted... that 2mm of space that it pops up isn't enough. Sound deadening would be nice. They tried to mask the noise with the SCV, but it's not enough. I also would like it if the muffler sounded like the one on the Infiniti Q35 (the little suv). That's a hot stock muffler... i would also like it if the foglights weren't in the headlight casing, but on the bottom corner and the side marker in the side of the headlights.... My .02.
Old 05-09-2005, 07:37 PM
1 of few unmodded 4G Maxs

Originally Posted by idnumber1
I was wonderig what upgrades you think should be made on the 06 maxima interior. I have been looking at the 05 altima's interior and although it isnt as sophisticated as the Max's, it seems like Nissan has put more attention to detail in the Alti. Chrome arouond the speakers, the window controls are aluminum accented, chrome around the gauges, etc...It kind of makes me uncomfortable, almost jealous. I know that bling and chrome are not for everyone, but if they could do anything to further differentiate the Max from the Alti, what would you guys like? Maybe some additional features? Bluetooth perhaps?
IMO they should change the fugly 80's style non-nav display into a dot matrix display or have the same color nav screen, but w/o the nav controls
Old 05-10-2005, 06:48 AM

A dashboard similar to this:

AND a rearend similar to this:

WITH a front end similar to this:

would EASILY sell me on the 6G!!!
Old 05-10-2005, 07:08 AM
SuPeRmOd

so why don't you just buy an Acura with mixed Infiniti kit

Quick Reply: Maxima Interior for 06