6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Arrggghhhh!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2005, 04:24 PM
Banned

Arrggghhhh!!!

Okay, you guys seem to be the experts out here. My story:

Had to lend the wife my car today to go to work so I could take care of her flat tire on her SUV. Not an uncommon thing to do, but I normally don't let her drive my MAX, so that if something happens, I don't have to serve her divorce papers... Anyway, she comes back from work today and essentially lets me know (beating around the bush...in her kindest way) that she messed up. Let's get to the point: she hit a curb pretty hard and scraped the heck out of my front driver's side rim!!! The scrape is on the outter most portion of the rim nearest to inside lip of the tire, extending about 2 - 3 inches. Man, I'm still steaming... THIS IS EXACTLY WHY I DON'T LET HER DRIVE MY CAR!!!

Well, what I would like to know (w/ today's technology), is there a way to "fix" it w/o having to purchase a new (factory) rim. Or do I have to make plans to put dubz on it, when I've already concluded that shelling out $2K - $3K for the "bling bling" is not worth the pain and suffering just to "look good"!

Suggestions???
Old 08-01-2005, 04:29 PM
Newbie just Registered

A new replacement rim is cheaper than a divorce.
Does she feel bad enough to go for new rims? If so, she'd want to drive your car again since she let's you have new rims.
Old 08-01-2005, 04:31 PM
SuPeRmOd

sticky .
Old 08-01-2005, 04:34 PM
You gon' pay what you owe

You've got a couple of options. You can do a search on the net for wheel repair places and go from there or if you are a DIY type of person you can try this: http://www.audiworld.com/tech/ext43.shtml
Old 08-01-2005, 04:47 PM
my rear view mirrors flap like a f-ing bird

don't you hate that........... lend it for one day, one day, and they can't keep it together.
Old 08-01-2005, 05:55 PM

I have seen OEM on EBay for about 175.00 a rim. I have also seen a set of four with tires for $650 or so. That is a pretty good deal to me if you need tires. I have done this before with great results and the shipping is about $100.00. Good Luck
Old 08-01-2005, 06:04 PM

I have a place to get a rim for $209.00 if you give em the damaged one...i have looked and looked as i have replaced 2 of em...i havent seen anywhere cheaper. The above post said you can get them for 175.00 i have no idea where but thats an awesome price...there really is no way to fix that to look nice. shipping might be not too bad or even might have a place near you to pick it up. PM me if you want the name.
Old 08-01-2005, 06:09 PM

yea that sucks, my wife drove my car while i was on deployment and when i got home i had two count them two bent freakin wheels. we are in the process of getting a divorce. seriously, it is not about the rims thought(at least she thinks).
Old 08-02-2005, 08:56 PM
Banned

I would just wait a lil while and if it makes you nuuts get a new rim...you might try to fix it and get even more heated
Old 08-03-2005, 11:19 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I had my girlfriend run into a curb and rash both front and back rims..... I went to the dealership that has a body shop and they fixed it for $100 a wheel, I donno how they did it but it looks better than before
Old 08-03-2005, 11:42 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Why dont you get your wheels chrome dipped and that will give you some bling cover up the scratch and cost less than getting new bling bling wheels.
Old 08-03-2005, 11:48 AM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

First time my wife backed out of our garage with my Max, she scrapped the front bumper (luckily I was able to buff it out and save her from the PAIN TRAIN...) 14 months have passed and she has yet to sit behind the wheel. And she wonders why I installed WAAG Brush guards all over her SUV... Good luck man, been down the Arrggghhhh!!! road before...

Check ebay or the Org's classified section under wheels and tires...
Old 08-03-2005, 01:53 PM

my wife has scrapped my wheels 3 times already....I've had them fix for $125 for all three wheels...not too expensive, but still hurts the pocket book....
Old 08-03-2005, 02:12 PM

do you have a full size spare? maybe put your spare on right now and worry about the problem later ?
Old 08-03-2005, 08:56 PM
Banned

Fellas! Thanks for all the "+" feedback/encouragement/support...I know you feel my pain!

As for the wife...I guess she feels bad enough for what she did, especially since the day before she wanted to take my car to the mall and I didn't let her just for this reason! Then her SUV gets a flat! Had no choice but to let her take my ride to work the next day. Kinda funny how the whole thing played out...

I think for now I'll take it to the auto body shop where I had my fenderwell fixed and see what they say, as smokinmax and install30 suggested. I also have some annoying "dings" in the paint job that I want them to take a look @ while I'm there. If I don't like what they're selling me, then I'll try the "specialized" repair shops or maybe even the DIY kit that boone offered. Right now, I'm definitely not in the position to upgrade to 20" chromes like I would love to do (don't have the money to throw around like you BIG BALLERS! ), so I guess it's the alternative...

Anyway, Thanks! I truly appreciate the help! Knew you guys would have the answers! That's one of the things about this forum that is very important to preserve! Moderators (you know who you are), please don't get so over-indulged in "moderating" that you miss the point of why the forum is here...to share such experiences as these w/ other Nissan/Max enthusiasts... Well, Thanks again guys!!!
Old 08-05-2005, 07:58 PM

That's what we're here for.............
Old 08-05-2005, 08:37 PM

Guys.. don't forget your "wives/girlfriends(some)" are more impt. than a MAXIMA (ok stop throwing the eggs etc.......)

Originally Posted by hofb99
That's one of the things about this forum that is very important to preserve! Moderators (you know who you are), please don't get so over-indulged in "moderating" that you miss the point of why the forum is here...to share such experiences as these w/ other Nissan/Max enthusiasts... Well, Thanks again guys!!!
could not have said it better!!
Old 08-05-2005, 09:06 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Now I know why I didnt re-marry!!!!
Old 08-06-2005, 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by tubells
Guys.. don't forget your "wives/girlfriends(some)" are more impt. than a MAXIMA (ok stop throwing the eggs etc.......)
Wife: Married 23 Years / Maxima owned 1.9 years

Wife/Girlfriend + Accident X Driving my Max =
Old 08-06-2005, 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by chernmax
Wife: Married 23 Years / Maxima owned 1.9 years

She was DISRESPECTING!!!

PS, my wife isn't up on the Org. so she doesn't read all this macho bullcrap I write anyway...
Old 08-07-2005, 01:17 PM
SuPeRmOd

C-Hern, are you talking to yourself again?
Old 08-07-2005, 01:22 PM
Banned

Macho bullcrap? what macho bullcrap?

Old 08-07-2005, 09:02 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I am sure your wife is putting herself thru more pain then you can but I'm sure you could get a nice dinner or something "special" from her
Old 08-08-2005, 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by 04BlackMaxx
Macho bullcrap? what macho bullcrap?

Old 08-08-2005, 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by NismoMax80
C-Hern, are you talking to yourself again?
On this particular day, YES...
Old 08-08-2005, 08:40 AM

Sorry about your luck with the rims. My wife drives mine all the time, especially on shopping trips. Luckily she takes better care of it then even I do.
Old 08-08-2005, 03:47 PM
Banned

Yeah, I think it's safe to say that she won't be asking me to use my car for a looooong loooong time! I'll let you guys know what the dealer/body shop says when I get a chance to take it...
Old 08-08-2005, 04:07 PM
wsu

must be love!

Originally Posted by hofb99
Okay, you guys seem to be the experts out here. My story:

Had to lend the wife my car today to go to work so I could take care of her flat tire on her SUV. Not an uncommon thing to do, but I normally don't let her drive my MAX, so that if something happens, I don't have to serve her divorce papers... Anyway, she comes back from work today and essentially lets me know (beating around the bush...in her kindest way) that she messed up. Let's get to the point: she hit a curb pretty hard and scraped the heck out of my front driver's side rim!!! The scrape is on the outter most portion of the rim nearest to inside lip of the tire, extending about 2 - 3 inches. Man, I'm still steaming... THIS IS EXACTLY WHY I DON'T LET HER DRIVE MY CAR!!!

Well, what I would like to know (w/ today's technology), is there a way to "fix" it w/o having to purchase a new (factory) rim. Or do I have to make plans to put dubz on it, when I've already concluded that shelling out $2K - $3K for the "bling bling" is not worth the pain and suffering just to "look good"!

Suggestions???
Oh, the things we do for love! I'm hope that your wife's feelings and confidence have not taken an irreparable dip from this situation.
Old 08-09-2005, 09:37 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by wsu
Oh, the things we do for love! I'm hope that your wife's feelings and confidence have not taken an irreparable dip from this situation.
Think I've more than proven my love for her over this situation... But she knows better than that! I've always thought that it's all about respecting what's important to your partner, no matter what it is...right?

One time I had to get on her when I let her follow me (I once again let her enjoy driving my car, while I drove hers) to Circuit City to fix her SAT radio in her SUV... She went shopping elsewhere in the plaza we were in for a little bit while I handled business, then she decided to get something to eat. Let it be known, that I ALWAYS 'REMIND' MY FAMILY THAT THERE'S "NO EATING/DRINKING IN THE MAX!!!"... Well, she decides to totally ignore this and get some Wendy's and eat in my car! I ripped her a new one in the parking lot (as controlled as I could deliver the message...AGAIN!!!)... She was so disturbed w/ me that she sat in the back of the car the whole way back home...didn't say a word while I barked out comments about respecting each other's wishes, etc...along w/ an occasional expletive to drive my point home! I DON'T EVEN CHEW GUM IN MY CAR, FOR GOODNESS SAKE!!!
Old 08-09-2005, 09:52 AM
Newbie just Registered

Other than eating/drinking in my car, I hate feet on dashboard/ door sill, occasionally it happends and I have to nudge my wife. We've been friends since we were teens way before we strated dating, and she's never done that until I pointed it out to her one day as one of my petpeeves. I think it's in their DNA to test how much we let them get away with, or how much we love them!?
Old 08-09-2005, 10:11 AM

Mine is simple...

Honey, what color is our TV
Answer: Black

Honey, what color is the media room walls
Answer: Blue

OK honey, you think about that a while if you ever try to disrespect MY Max again!!!
Old 08-09-2005, 10:24 AM
You gon' pay what you owe

Originally Posted by chernmax
Mine is simple...

Honey, what color is our TV
Answer: Black

Honey, what color is the media room walls
Answer: Blue

OK honey, you think about that a while if you ever try to disrespect MY Max again!!!
That's pretty good. My girl wonders why I never let her touch my car. I just tell her to look at the scratches on her car for the answer.

Nice new sig Chernmax.
Old 08-09-2005, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by boone
Nice new sig Chernmax.
Thanks, my neighbor’s daughter does graphic design with Photoshop as a hobby / side business and I dropped her a 20 spot and she came over to the crib, took all the pictures and made 3 different banners. This is my favorite also…

She will also let you take the pictures and just email them to her…
Old 08-09-2005, 10:36 AM

My girl never touches - nor notices my car. It's all good cause she is extremely LOW maintenance. She could care less if I drove a pinto...
Old 08-09-2005, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by JiuJitsuThug
My girl never touches - nor notices my car. It's all good cause she is extremely LOW maintenance. She could care less if I drove a pinto...
Is she your girlfriend or your wife? Because once the ring goes on... Ah never mind explaining, just watch the movie ALIEN's again and see what happens to the dude at the dinner table. G/F Before Dinner, Wife After...
Old 08-09-2005, 11:12 AM

Pregnant girlfriend - but she's born and raised in Brazil from a very poor neighborhood. Living here in the US now. Completely different type of girl compared to American princesses. VERY LOW maintenence not even the same ballpark as gringas,, not even the same game - LOL.

I was married to an American girl before - NEVER AGAIN...
Old 08-09-2005, 11:42 AM

Pregnant girlfriend - but she's born and raised in Brazil from a very poor neighborhood. Living here in the US now. Completely different type of girl compared to American princesses. VERY LOW maintenence not even the same ballpark as gringas,, not even the same game - LOL.

I was married to an American girl before - NEVER AGAIN...
This is my first and only wife of 23 years, Filipina and she was also low maintenance until about the 7-10 year mark. Foreign wives are great if you can keep them away from the materialistic influences of the American Princesses.
Now that I think about it, I have never dated a Caucasian woman, I just prefer African, Spanish (Hispanic), Oriental or Asian. Congrats on your soon to be wife and new baby...
Old 08-09-2005, 06:42 PM

Thanks! She's been here almost 4 years but doesn't really like or get along with American women so I don't see them polluting her with the princess syndrome - she's thinks they are crazy about stupid stuff I'm the materialistic one

We are toying with the idea of moving back to Brazil to be with family in about 5-10 years. Also currently speaking nothing but Portuguese in the house so the kid learns both languages.
Old 08-09-2005, 07:00 PM
Newbie just Registered

Thanks! She's been here almost 4 years but doesn't really like or get along with American women so I don't see them polluting her with the princess syndrome - she's thinks they are crazy about stupid stuff I'm the materialistic one

We are toying with the idea of moving back to Brazil to be with family in about 5-10 years. Also currently speaking nothing but Portuguese in the house so the kid learns both languages.
Congrats. That sounds like a good plan. We are thinking the same thing too, moving closer to our family when we have children.
Old 08-11-2005, 01:57 PM
Banned

I hate how passengers cause creases in the bolsters on the bottom of the seat facing the door. I mean, I don't, so why does my passenger? Thats being very nit-picky though.