6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

NEW TO THE 6 Gen FAMILY

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2005, 01:08 PM
Newbie just Registered

Originally Posted by maxdizzle1
Hey RH thanks for the info and you would think that it would be beneficial to me. However, there is no "add" option or "upload/host" option either in the profile/edit signature portion. I think because it says down in the corner, "you may not post attatchments" that they have FORBIDDEN me to attach a picture of any kind. That's strange and TYPICAL! Why can't things work correctly. Does anyone know if that is the reason and if it is, why would I not be able to post a pic????? RIDICULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Getting frustrated...........PEACE for a minute
Edit profile let you add links to your pix, then edit sig to add pix to your sig.
Old 08-08-2005, 02:37 PM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

Originally Posted by RHMax
Edit profile let you add links to your pix, then edit sig to add pix to your sig.
Another important note, your pictures have to be linked on the internet through a picture host site or I use Cardomain. You cannot get something off your computer hard drive and post. Example, go to cardomain and open up a picture, RIGHT click the image, you will see a pull down menu and select PROPERTIES, you will then see an http://gfytfivuyoubuibpujbp address of the internet picture location. COPY the http:// link and go back to the Org.

Click User CP, Under Settings & Options select Edit Signature

Enter any typed info you want, however to insert an image, click the icon above the text box area on a yellow box that looks like it has a Mountain & Sun in it right next to the Earth/link box.

When you click the box, another small window will open and that is where you need to PASTE the http:// info that you got from your cardomain or picture host web site. (remember the info from the picture properties page)

Note: picture host site like photobucket will provide you with the http:// location underneath the picture so right clicking to get the properties and http:// location are not required

Click OK, if you want to see if it works, Click on Preview Signature below the text box and see what it looks like, if you don't like it, you can continue to edit it untill your happy than press Save Signature

If you want to post pictures to reply to a thread, you CANNOT do it under Quick Reply, you need to select Go Advanced and use the same method as your signature picture to post a thread picture, good luck and don't fizzile, maxdizzile...
Old 08-08-2005, 03:17 PM
GrandPa

You are the man.
Old 08-08-2005, 03:22 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

YES, Warren you are correct, Chris is the MAN! THANK YOU for your detailed help!! I finally got it figured out thanks to those hints. I got yo' back homey! Seriously, thanks for the INFO! I needed it, obviously! PEACE OUT AND THANKS AGAIN I got to to the MAN!
Old 08-08-2005, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by maxdizzle1
YES, Warren you are correct, Chris is the MAN! THANK YOU for your detailed help!! I finally got it figured out thanks to those hints. I got yo' back homey! Seriously, thanks for the INFO! I needed it, obviously! PEACE OUT AND THANKS AGAIN I got to to the MAN!
Your Welcome...
Old 08-09-2005, 03:47 AM

Hey everyone, i just purchased a new 2005 Maxima SE Onyx/Black lthr interior. I wish they had an option to get burnt orange without getting the elite package, anyway i love my car. I have been browsing this site for a while and all your posts helped me make a decision on my new car.
This is my second Maxima, i have a 94 GXE that i still will drive because its a great car.
Old 08-09-2005, 04:27 AM

Thanks Guys

I started checking out this site about 8mos ago when i searched the net for problems i was having with my 1997 Maxima with 185K miles. I've been hooked ever since. All of you helped me with the those problems and the choices for the future changes on my new 2005 Maxima I picked up on friday. I've got new wheels & tint in the plans for the next week. Along with other interior mods in the short future. Pictures will come soon once I get the wheels changed out.
Old 08-09-2005, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by chernmax
Onyx has the most, the tightest are the people who respect and help each other... That's why I like your ride so much...
hey
What up guys? The name's Sam and i drive 05 se onyx black max. I from clarksburg MD near...Rockville and Germantown. chernmax where did you get that spoiler...diggin it bro?
Old 08-09-2005, 07:58 PM
You gon' pay what you owe

Welcome to all the newbies. You've found a great group of people here.
Old 08-09-2005, 08:33 PM

thnx boone, nice rims!!!
Old 08-09-2005, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by twistedsam
hey
What up guys? The name's Sam and i drive 05 se onyx black max. I from clarksburg MD near...Rockville and Germantown. chernmax where did you get that spoiler...diggin it bro?
Thanks for the props and welcome to the Org. Got it on Ebay in their Ebay motors section, do a search for spoilers, theirs a dude who sells them prepainted to factory colors for about 150 shipped. Also, you may not be able to get it pre-painted, however check out DeusExMaxima Onyx Max, he has proven a Subaru WRX spoiler looks killer on a Max as well, always nice to have choices. Peace Out and welcome again...
Old 08-10-2005, 04:08 PM

Just bought our Max about a month ago.
Old 08-10-2005, 04:18 PM
my rear view mirrors flap like a f-ing bird

Originally Posted by chernmax
Thanks for the props and welcome to the Org. Got it on Ebay in their Ebay motors section, do a search for spoilers, theirs a dude who sells them prepainted to factory colors for about 150 shipped. Also, you may not be able to get it pre-painted, however check out DeusExMaxima Onyx Max, he has proven a Subaru WRX spoiler looks killer on a Max as well, always nice to have choices. Peace Out and welcome again...
just type 04 or 05 maxima on ebay, and the spoiler will pop up as well.. to make it alittle easier...

here is one, for a example:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PAINT...92284689QQrdZ1
Old 08-11-2005, 07:28 AM

Does anyone know where i can get a spoiler similar to this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2004-...QQcmdZViewItem

scroll down to the pic of the body kit...

thnx

-twisted
Old 08-11-2005, 10:13 AM

Another new owner

Hello all. let me start by saying that i have been reading this forum for about two weeks now. Great site! I just picked up my new Max yesterday, Red Opulance with black leather SL. love the car and can't wait to start the mods. keep up the great work.
Old 08-11-2005, 12:45 PM

Nice work on getting a new MAX! Love the red opulence color...
Old 08-11-2005, 05:11 PM
my rear view mirrors flap like a f-ing bird

Originally Posted by twistedsam
Does anyone know where i can get a spoiler similar to this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2004-...QQcmdZViewItem

scroll down to the pic of the body kit...

thnx

-twisted
SARONA makes that... I would look somewhere else though, they charge an arm and a leg for their product...

http://www.sarona.com/

289 just for that spoiler......
Old 08-11-2005, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by spoon787
Hello all. let me start by saying that i have been reading this forum for about two weeks now. Great site! I just picked up my new Max yesterday, Red Opulance with black leather SL. love the car and can't wait to start the mods. keep up the great work.
Great Choice in color, welcome new Org brother...
Old 09-10-2005, 09:16 AM

Hey there- I'm new to the org. and these rules are a bit diff. from the others I frequent... I'm not trying to hijack this thread, but it's pretty old and seems the most fitting. First off- Y'all know you're sh*t. I'm impressed with the Maxi Knowledge in here. I'm recently back in the Maxima family with an 05 SE Smoke: (97 blk SE a few years ago)

http: //www.cardomain.com/ride/2111760

I have a few Q's as I'd like to throw a few meaningful mods on my ride.
Has anyone tried or looked at these, I am skeptical!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/91-05...spagenameZWDVW

It's a Redline mod chip claiming 35 HP.. On a Max- Hard to believe.

I love the idea of a ground wire, and I've read most of the threads for the mods I'm considering...so let's leave it at that for now. Lot's of great Maxima on here, let me know what you think. Peas
Old 09-10-2005, 09:29 AM

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2111760

Sorry- Link wasn't working
Old 09-10-2005, 11:22 AM
GrandPa

[QUOTE=Floormarshall]

Welcome to the org. You will learn alot here. Do not buy any chips for your car. They really don't work. If you car is brand new I wouldnt mess with the engine. The first thing I would do is change the grill. If you would like to check out my mods go to www.cardomain.com/id/ramberg .

Warren
Old 09-10-2005, 11:35 AM
Banned

Did you get your bumper fixed yet warren? Maybe you already posted about it but I missed it.
Old 09-10-2005, 11:48 AM

15 Post

I’m a new Maxima owner and have many question but can’t seem to get to my 15 post so I can start my own threads. I understand the purpose but man this make painful for the ones that want to take advantage to this site…
Old 09-10-2005, 11:55 AM
GrandPa

Originally Posted by 04BlackMaxx
Did you get your bumper fixed yet warren? Maybe you already posted about it but I missed it.
It should be fixed by Wed. I took it to the shop on Tues. when I came back from Mass. The greddy was also messed up a little. The shop fixed that. I won't have to make a claim since its going to be a lot less than $1,000.00. I just have to have my insurance take pictures to show that it was fixed. Thanks Warren
Old 09-10-2005, 12:39 PM

welcome to the org man... like they said, theres alott of usefull information that you can use..
Old 09-10-2005, 12:59 PM

Thanks for for the warm welcome... I just bought the new IPod nano (black) and I want to direct wire it to my stock bose system... any links to an install or what's needed. BTW- LOVE the new nano!!! (I'm going to get a new grill fo sho)

(Any suggestions on the Q's on my car domain site?)-

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2111760
Old 09-10-2005, 01:14 PM

Hey every one. NEW COMER ALSO HERE. I've been checking the org out for ideas and research on the 6gen MAx. Lots of good advice and sweet cars. Glad to be part of the ORG. I Have a Majestic Blue 05 3.5 SE.
Old 09-10-2005, 01:23 PM

Got room for 1 more "newbie?"
My wife bought a '05SL Black on Black.

Love it!!

When we bought the new car I thought, "great, no more working on the car."

Then, Maxima.org showed it's ugly head.......I had no idea there were so many mods a person could do to a already nice car!

XM, remote start and DVD system for the kids are already on the list.

Oh ya, maybe a wood grain dash kit to complete the look.

Later,

Brad
Old 09-10-2005, 01:37 PM
GrandPa

Welcome aboard guys and yes there are alot of mods you can do on the 6th gen. Maxima.

Old 09-10-2005, 05:36 PM

Nice CAr...
Old 09-10-2005, 05:39 PM
GrandPa

Originally Posted by bertl
Nice CAr...
Thank you.
Old 09-10-2005, 06:36 PM
Not for rookies!!

Originally Posted by bertl
I’m a new Maxima owner and have many question but can’t seem to get to my 15 post so I can start my own threads. I understand the purpose but man this make painful for the ones that want to take advantage to this site…
All you have to do is donate, then you can start posting away.
Old 09-10-2005, 08:48 PM

Definitely welcome.....you can learn alot about your Max here.....some pros and cons....just follow the rules and you'll be fine...
Old 09-11-2005, 09:39 AM

Hello everyone,

I am a proud new 05 owner of a Winter Frost SE Maxima. I really like the car and Im moving into the customization stage so that I can maybe gets some pics up when I atleast get the ugly grill swapped on Monday. Just wanted to say hello and Youll be hearing alot from me in the future.
Old 09-11-2005, 10:23 AM
Banned

I hated winter frost when I got my onyx, tell ya now though, If I got another max in a different color It would probably be winter frost....seen alot of them and they really stand out.
Old 09-11-2005, 10:38 AM

Welcome to the org all of you... hope you find all the information you need here...
Warm welcome from sunny Puerto Rico!!!
Old 09-12-2005, 05:53 PM

This winter frost is the 1st white car I ever owned and man is it easy to keep it looking good. On another note I saw a max on this site with a rear window spoilers is there any info where I can purchase one? Hopefully Ill get my digital camera and throw some pics up of my Max soon.

Thanx for any info provided.
Old 09-12-2005, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by Nucleus
This winter frost is the 1st white car I ever owned and man is it easy to keep it looking good. On another note I saw a max on this site with a rear window spoilers is there any info where I can purchase one? Hopefully Ill get my digital camera and throw some pics up of my Max soon.

Thanx for any info provided.
Ramberg and I have rear window spoilers and we will be the only ones who have them ... (well big ones anyhow)... They are a prohibited item to send to the USA ....
Old 09-12-2005, 06:33 PM
GrandPa

Old 09-12-2005, 06:46 PM

I guess I can't get the grey shade out of me but I sold the 2000 silver Max for a 2005 smoke Max.This baby is HOT.I was missing the 2000 for a bit but every time I get into the 2005 I totally forget the old one till I see a hooked up one drive by.I think the cure for missing the old one is to mod the new one up.There are so many beautiful Maxs on this site and I just can't wait to start.These aftermarket companines hopefully will come up to speed soon. It seems things are just trickling in slowly and I'm talking simple improvement mods like brakes.All I see is stuff on e-bay.Where's Brembo?Where's AP Racing?How about powerslot? I guess we all got to be patient.I only mention this because there is a marked difference from the 2000 and 2005 and I'm talking even before I brought slotted rotors for the 2000.Maybe I should just get better pads for now or maybe I should just wait and break these brakes in after all I got only 370 miles on the car.I learned so much from this site,keep up the good work guys.Yall the best.

Quick Reply: NEW TO THE 6 Gen FAMILY