6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

PSP Mounted FINALLY

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2005, 01:05 PM

PSP Mounted FINALLY

After waiting two weeks for Arkon to replace a defective out of the box piece, I have finally mounted my PSP in my Max. I wasn't crazy about the windshield mounts but if I had to do it over again, i'd probably go with a winsheild mount. I will probably buy one just as an extra. Tell me what you guys think.

Old 08-16-2005, 01:28 PM

I think you should stop smoking Parliament ciggies. its bad for your health.
Old 08-16-2005, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by Thereal411
I think you should stop smoking Parliament ciggies. its bad for your health.
LOL! I was thinking the same.

Originally Posted by thecritik
I wasn't crazy about the windshield mounts but if I had to do it over again, i'd probably go with a winsheild mount.
Actually, I think that location would be better for keeping the sun and prying eyes off of it. It looks good there as well.
Old 08-16-2005, 02:23 PM
my rear view mirrors flap like a f-ing bird

looks like that sample display at toys r us....lol...... looks good though, something different...
Old 08-16-2005, 03:20 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

i don't know why, but that pic looks photochopped. i'm not saying it is, so don't get offended please. it just looks unreal to me. btw, nice toy
Old 08-16-2005, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by akaxmrxhammer
i don't know why, but that pic looks photochopped. i'm not saying it is, so don't get offended please. it just looks unreal to me. btw, nice toy
now that I really look at it, you could have a point
Old 08-16-2005, 03:41 PM

heh

No offense taken ... not photochopped though .... took pic fresh this afternoon.
Old 08-16-2005, 04:24 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

why do you need a psp in your car? i don't enjoy sitting in my car more than i have to. do you play with it while driving?

maybe it's a generation thing, but i don't get it....
Old 08-16-2005, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by us024077
why do you need a psp in your car? i don't enjoy sitting in my car more than i have to. do you play with it while driving?

it does more than just play games.. I think it plays mp3's, and if so he must have it wired to the bose..
Old 08-16-2005, 04:31 PM

Its plays movies formatted for PSP as well.. which most new releases are.. It is definately a different mod.
Old 08-16-2005, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by Tek-Niq
looks like that sample display at toys r us....lol...... looks good though, something different...
i was actually thinking the same about this except i was going to say wal-mart.
Old 08-16-2005, 04:46 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

do you have the psp hooked up to the bose? is it worth $250?
Old 08-17-2005, 09:47 AM

I had the PSP since it first came out. I didn't get it to primarily mount it in my car. It's primary use in the car is to play mp3's and sound for video through the headunit. Right now I am using a wireless FM transmitter but as soon as I get the ***** enough to rip the dash apart, i'm going to get a PAC and put my amp in at the same time.
Old 08-17-2005, 11:43 AM
Not for rookies!!

How does it sound with the FM transmitter?
Old 08-17-2005, 01:40 PM

Do the PAC

I had the PSP since it first came out. I didn't get it to primarily mount it in my car. It's primary use in the car is to play mp3's and sound for video through the headunit. Right now I am using a wireless FM transmitter but as soon as I get the ***** enough to rip the dash apart, i'm going to get a PAC and put my amp in at the same time.
Do the PAC. I installed it myself in less than 30 minutes for use with my iPod and I am NOT an engineer. The dash/console is very easy to dissasemble/reassemble, well designed and put together. You would never know I took it apart and the sound is incredible. The only thing to be careful of is the little gold (pin? looks like an ohm symbol? don't know what to call it) that holds the shift **** to the stick (at least thats how my 5sp auto is set up). It bends out of shape very easy and once its messed up its useless. Good luck!
Old 08-17-2005, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by russgriz
Do the PAC. I installed it myself in less than 30 minutes for use with my iPod and I am NOT an engineer. The dash/console is very easy to dissasemble/reassemble, well designed and put together. You would never know I took it apart and the sound is incredible. The only thing to be careful of is the little gold (pin? looks like an ohm symbol? don't know what to call it) that holds the shift **** to the stick (at least thats how my 5sp auto is set up). It bends out of shape very easy and once its messed up its useless. Good luck!

qft. When I tried taking mine apart, I bent the pin and I had to go back to the dealer to get another.
Old 08-17-2005, 01:45 PM
VIP Maxima

whats the use lol?

Old 08-17-2005, 10:28 PM

Why? What do you need a PSP mounted in your car? If your gonna say to watch movies and listen to music. Pointless because your gonna have to buy a 1GB card which is $150 so total that is $250+150 for PSP and Card. Or you can get a 20GB MP4 player cost only $50 more but you get a lot more space and not that much more price.
Old 08-18-2005, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by eLMo
Why? What do you need a PSP mounted in your car? If your gonna say to watch movies and listen to music. Pointless because your gonna have to buy a 1GB card which is $150 so total that is $250+150 for PSP and Card. Or you can get a 20GB MP4 player cost only $50 more but you get a lot more space and not that much more price.
You pay $150 bux for a 1gig memory stick pro duo. Highway retail robbery. Costs me 50bux wholesale. The PSP is good for multiple things and when you look at the costs associated with an MP3 player, a portable gaming system, and something to play video in a car, it's definitely a bargain.

Originally Posted by wesallenjr
How does it sound with the FM transmitter?
Sounds pretty good. Like fm radio quality. Gotta keep the volume at a certain point on the psp and it sounds fine.
Old 08-18-2005, 09:10 PM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

Originally Posted by us024077

Crack heads already have too many reasons to break into a car, I don't need to add another, Looks good though, no disrespect.

If I had to make an add on, MICROWAVE, so I can drive and heat up my White Castle on long road trips...
Old 08-19-2005, 01:32 PM

You pay $150 bux for a 1gig memory stick pro duo. Highway retail robbery. Costs me 50bux wholesale. The PSP is good for multiple things and when you look at the costs associated with an MP3 player, a portable gaming system, and something to play video in a car, it's definitely a bargain.

Sounds pretty good. Like fm radio quality. Gotta keep the volume at a certain point on the psp and it sounds fine.
I dont have a PSP but my friend bought the Stick 2 months ago and he said it cost him $150.
Old 08-19-2005, 01:43 PM

well, it looks really cool, diferent and interesting, you know, everybody would be like wow what is that ?? nice...and all

but what is the use ?? for mp3s like said before you have to get the card and so the space is very limited, for movies...ummm unless you have it going trough your navigation screen (it didnt look like you have it..) it is useless since the screen is so small. dont take me worng i am just trying to find the use of in in the car...

by the way, to install the pac adapter ONLY, you dont have to remove the dash, shift ****, or so....just remove the glove box, and then the side panel, from there you can reach the back of the radio(all the way at the bottom) unplug the connector in the lower corner and replace it with the pac connector...it is really easy.

looks cool thouhg...btw, did you drill any holes in order to install that bracket ??

luigi.
Old 08-22-2005, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by luigi'smax
well, it looks really cool, diferent and interesting, you know, everybody would be like wow what is that ?? nice...and all

but what is the use ?? for mp3s like said before you have to get the card and so the space is very limited, for movies...ummm unless you have it going trough your navigation screen (it didnt look like you have it..) it is useless since the screen is so small. dont take me worng i am just trying to find the use of in in the car...

by the way, to install the pac adapter ONLY, you dont have to remove the dash, shift ****, or so....just remove the glove box, and then the side panel, from there you can reach the back of the radio(all the way at the bottom) unplug the connector in the lower corner and replace it with the pac connector...it is really easy.

looks cool thouhg...btw, did you drill any holes in order to install that bracket ??

luigi.
NO holes .... screws right onto the seat bolt. Many people have questioned the use and the screen is the right size to watch with the distance I am from it. With the memory cards, 1 gig holds enough mp3's while i store games and a movie or 2 on the other gig card so I've found use of it. And retail the memory cards cost over $100. I paid less than 120 for two. I took it out of my car and put it in the wife's Jeep for a trip to Hershey the other day and between my wife and kid, they want it to stay in the Jeep. uhhh no ....
Old 08-28-2005, 08:43 PM
I wanna be at my maximum

Originally Posted by chernmax

Crack heads already have too many reasons to break into a car, I don't need to add another, Looks good though, no disrespect.

If I had to make an add on, MICROWAVE, so I can drive and heat up my White Castle on long road trips...

I agree, if i'm gonna add stuff to the interior i would add something of good use -- microwave, coffee maker,.......fridge ...... endlessssss possiblilities
Old 08-28-2005, 09:26 PM
Banned

Its nice if its got a movie on it, but otherwise it seems useless bc u need it inyour hands to play
Old 08-28-2005, 09:30 PM
*moderator*

I just got a PSP this weekend, and I'm don't think I need to mount it in my car since I already have DVD and IPOD dialed in (although I will most likely always have it IN my car.) I have RCA's out for video and sound readily available if I need to watch a PSP movie or look at pictures on either screen already in my car. I do foresee me using the internet browser on the screen in my car and have a budget CarPC!! Uh oh this thing could be trouble...
By the way the PSP is an amazing little toy, so much you can do!
Old 09-12-2005, 10:32 AM

Buy a Wipeout Pure game and "hack" it so that you can use the internet. I do it all the time. Find an access point and you'll be on the org in no time.
Old 09-12-2005, 10:41 AM
gec

We need to modify a double din for you.......what are the specs of that unit

Old 09-13-2005, 03:51 AM

Originally Posted by russgriz
Brand new Maxima owner here...I have a PAC on the way to hook my iPod up. Any tips or pointers on getting the dash opened up so I can install the PAC would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dan
Old 09-13-2005, 06:25 AM
Not for rookies!!

Originally Posted by TeedOff
Brand new Maxima owner here...I have a PAC on the way to hook my iPod up. Any tips or pointers on getting the dash opened up so I can install the PAC would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dan
Check the stickies, they have all the info that you will need for this and just about all other projects.
Old 09-13-2005, 03:01 PM

PSP is a cool toy..the video looks amazing on it. I'am not sure about mounting it in my car though. Its seems to defeat the reason it was made.
Old 09-13-2005, 03:49 PM

I did use my PSP w/1gig of mem. for its MP3 feature... This was before I bought the iPod Shuffle...I wouldn't feel too comfortable showing the device while I'm not in the car, nor hiding it somewhere in the car.. It's worth over $350 ($250 + $100 for mem)
Old 09-13-2005, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by wesallenjr
Check the stickies, they have all the info that you will need for this and just about all other projects.
Wes, thanks. There is so much info on these boards I hadn't seen it in the stickies...my bad.

Dan
Old 09-13-2005, 05:49 PM
Not for rookies!!

Originally Posted by TeedOff
Wes, thanks. There is so much info on these boards I hadn't seen it in the stickies...my bad.

Dan
You are welcome.
Old 09-15-2005, 06:44 AM

Nice....sumthing different, maybe when the price goes down on those, I'll get a PSP.
I have a Ipaq PDA and I upgraded the battery in mines to last 5-7 hours and I use it as a MP3 player in my max, and it sounds really good, better than my CD player. Once if the cool things about it, is that the software playing the music has a built-in EQ so it make the music sound much louder. Nice cheap mod. I got a 1GIG CF card for it for like 50 bucks.
Old 09-18-2005, 06:15 PM

Shoulda talked to me man I make custom dash kits that the PsP would fit in perfectly :P
Old 09-18-2005, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by Spoolin
Shoulda talked to me man I make custom dash kits that the PsP would fit in perfectly :P
Scratch the word THREAD replace with COMMENT

Old 08-21-2010, 10:59 PM

i saw this today, so i figured why not give it a try ill post pics later on today when the sun comes up. i got a vent kit from walmart and i ran a AUX cable tucked behind the radio not to bad espciallly for those long family trips. got one coming up going from tx to ny.

Last edited by soto2635; 08-22-2010 at 12:46 PM.
Old 08-22-2010, 12:10 AM

Looks cool I just keep my kids in his hand in the back seat!!
Old 08-22-2010, 06:24 AM
KC's FINEST

Quick Reply: PSP Mounted FINALLY