6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Personal Settings Menu

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2005, 04:15 PM

Personal Settings Menu

I was reading the Display/Personal Settings Menu How-to article (http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=415865) and I noticed it listed two options that I don't have on my '04 Maxima.
I don't have "Slide seat on exit" or "Lift wheel on exit". Is this not available on the 04 model?
Old 09-02-2005, 10:56 PM

The 'slide seat/adjust wheel' functions are part of the Driver Preferred option package, which has been available since the 6th gen intro two and a half years ago.
Old 09-02-2005, 11:38 PM
gec

Originally Posted by lightonthehill
The 'slide seat/adjust wheel' functions are part of the Driver Preferred option package

^^^^^^what he said^^^^^^^

Old 09-03-2005, 05:02 AM
http://www.cardomain.com/my/ed

If you don't have the power adjustable steering wheel or memory seats that you don't have the drivers preffered package like the other guys said. The option is only for that package.
Old 09-03-2005, 08:40 AM

also if you have the manual transmission you don't have those features. they only work when you put your car in park.
Old 09-03-2005, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by stunta666
also if you have the manual transmission you don't have those features. they only work when you put your car in park.

that sucks! I do have the DPP but also have the manual transmission. oh well...the 6-speeds are worth it.

thanks for the info. So...what else am I missing because of the manual transmission?
Old 09-03-2005, 05:22 PM
my rear view mirrors flap like a f-ing bird

I went to show some guy the interior of my car and he asked me, "do you drive with the steering wheel that high", I said "no, the car lets me out when I turn it off, once in it, the car brings the works to me" thats when I put the key in and the wheel and seat started moving... I looked at him and he had that WTF look in his face...lol
Old 09-03-2005, 08:14 PM

kiriakos -

Offhand, I can't think of any goodies other than the driver entry/exit system (automatic seat/steering wheel adjustment for easy access) that you have to give up due to the 6 speed.

But then a person macho enough to shift for themselves would probably be embarrassed by the pampering the auto access system offers; It just isn't macho . . .

I only wanted the auto access system because I gave up my macho image in my early seventies; just too much effort for what had long since become minimum returns.
Old 09-03-2005, 11:38 PM
Newbie just Registered

Originally Posted by lightonthehill
...But then a person macho enough to shift for themselves would probably be embarrassed by the pampering the auto access system offers; It just isn't macho . . .

I only wanted the auto access system because I gave up my macho image in my early seventies; just too much effort for what had long since become minimum returns.
I gave that up in my early 30's. All of our cars now have the easy-exit feature, manual trans or not.
Old 09-04-2005, 07:48 AM
*moderator*

Here's the list of DPP features:

Driver Preferred Package
• High Intensity Discharge (HID) bi-level xenon headlights (3.5 SE)
• Rear spoiler (3.5 SE)
• Power folding outside mirrors with memory function
• Auto-dimming outside mirrors
• Outside mirrors with reverse tilt-down feature (A/T only) *new for 06
• Driver's seat entry/exit system (A/T only)
• Driver's seat power lumbar support
• Heated steering wheel
• Power-tilt and power-telescoping steering column with memory function
• Driver's seat memory system with two-position memory

This package includes all 3.5 SE Sensory Package items on 3.5 SE models.
From Nissan USA.com...
Old 09-04-2005, 10:37 PM
I wanna be at my maximum

Originally Posted by Tek-Niq
I went to show some guy the interior of my car and he asked me, "do you drive with the steering wheel that high", I said "no, the car lets me out when I turn it off, once in it, the car brings the works to me" thats when I put the key in and the wheel and seat started moving... I looked at him and he had that WTF look in his face...lol

I let people find that out them selves... they get in playing around and when they sit down and turn the car on -- everything starts to move -- most act like they haven't seen anything like it before.