6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Redlinemax.com-D2 Coilovers!!! interest

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2005, 02:08 PM
Redlinemax Owner

Redlinemax.com-D2 Coilovers!!! interest

I am guaging interest, I just spoke with the D2 representative about selling D2 coilovers, I just want to know what has been peoples experience with them? What are your likes and dislikes, I could also set up a group deal for these
Old 09-20-2005, 05:28 PM

i was doing some research on those and i heard they have some problems fitting on our maxi. I'm not sure if that is true but i will take the benifit of the doubt if that is what people say. have you checked out Ksport coilovers? they have had some good comments on those.
Old 09-20-2005, 05:34 PM
my rear view mirrors flap like a f-ing bird

Originally Posted by SmokedOutMaxi
i was doing some research on those and i heard they have some problems fitting on our maxi. I'm not sure if that is true but i will take the benifit of the doubt if that is what people say. have you checked out Ksport coilovers? they have had some good comments on those.
they fit now.. there is a member here with them... they had trouble when they first made them. the company thought the Z and our maxima had the same bottom mount.. I dunno how good they are, but I know they fit ok now..

here it is, D2 drop on 20's:
Old 09-20-2005, 09:23 PM

I'd be interested, but i'm really short on the funds for a while. Wouldn't hurt to have another option out there.
Old 09-20-2005, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by Mystery
I'd be interested, but i'm really short on the funds for a while. Wouldn't hurt to have another option out there.
Yep, whats the price on these?
Old 09-21-2005, 08:38 AM
*moderator*

Yeah, me, Tek and AKA were seconds from a group deal when we found out they didn't fit, so we backed out. I was dealing with D2 directly and they were pretty easy to work with. And obviously they fixed the problem, because they fit now.
I'm loving the Ksports like Tek said...
Old 09-21-2005, 02:43 PM

How do these ride compared to the Eibachs?
Old 09-21-2005, 03:48 PM

i'd imagine the ride is completely different considering this is a full suspension system. adjustable at that so if you don't like the ride try another setting.
Old 09-21-2005, 04:05 PM
*moderator*

Originally Posted by Glude
How do these ride compared to the Eibachs?
The ride is completely different, maxmale is right. My ride is definitely stiffer but with all the adjusting you can do, you can make them ride however you want. I've had trouble getting the rear to be soft enough, I actually just put my Eibach's back in the rear becuase I was over it being so bouncy.
But the handling is great, big change for sure...
(this is all referring to my Ksports, not D2's, by the way)
Old 09-21-2005, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by jsmithsole
The ride is completely different, maxmale is right. My ride is definitely stiffer but with all the adjusting you can do, you can make them ride however you want. I've had trouble getting the rear to be soft enough, I actually just put my Eibach's back in the rear becuase I was over it being so bouncy.
But the handling is great, big change for sure...
(this is all referring to my Ksports, not D2's, by the way)
your rear was bouncy there Jay? what i did was compress the spring with spring compressors and then put it on the strut, tied everything down so its compressed enough for it not to bounce..

I also have a swaybar, this will make a difference also.. the rear bounces now, but its really quick bounces like it doesn't want to bounce, but in a nice soft firm way..
Old 09-21-2005, 07:06 PM
*moderator*

Originally Posted by Tek-Niq
your rear was bouncy there Jay? what i did was compress the spring with spring compressors and then put it on the strut, tied everything down so its compressed enough for it not to bounce..

I also have a swaybar, this will make a difference also.. the rear bounces now, but its really quick bounces like it doesn't want to bounce, but in a nice soft firm way..

I need to take the time to "tune" them I just don't have the means at home (need a jack/stands etc..) I plan on getting them soon, then I'll start to play with it more. It's weird though after reading through the huge Ksport thread everybody said not to compress the springs at all? Anyways, I like the ride now the front is firm and the rear is nice and soft. It was like headache back ache bad before, like I said just need the time to get them right, this will do for now...
Old 09-21-2005, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by jsmithsole
I need to take the time to "tune" them I just don't have the means at home (need a jack/stands etc..) I plan on getting them soon, then I'll start to play with it more. It's weird though after reading through the huge Ksport thread everybody said not to compress the springs at all? Anyways, I like the ride now the front is firm and the rear is nice and soft. It was like headache back ache bad before, like I said just need the time to get them right, this will do for now...
yea.. here i do all my installs at the garage were I work as a truck driver.. they are all set with air tools and all of that and the mech don't even charge me a penny.. is tough though to get back in there and work on the ****, I know.. I went back a few times to get it right..

the spring are only compressed about two inches, is not much, but you can't do it by hand..

I actually have my fronts softer than the rear right now so the bumps won't hit so hard up in the front..