6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

NAVIgation by pass

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2005, 11:16 AM

NAVIgation by pass

Hey ... Not sure who might know this.. couldn't find the thread on this.. but I'm looking for instructions on setting the navi so I don't have to hit the "I agree" button everytime I start my car.. and also have it so its not disabled to enter a destination when the vehicle is moving..

A friend of mine's FX has those features removed and I'd like to know how to get my max done..

If someone knows the thread, please let me know.. or if someone knows how too-- I'll be glad to see how to do that mod.
Old 09-23-2005, 12:40 PM

anyone?
Old 09-23-2005, 09:59 PM

I don't have the navigation option, so I don't know for sure. But I'm using a PocketPC/GPS and there is an option in the setup that you can unchecked to disable that "welcome" screen. I guess it's a lawyer thing.
Old 09-23-2005, 11:12 PM
gec

damn thats a tough question....I have an after market pioneer avic d1 and got the same issue...i've looked that bad boy up and down with no success....but i don't know if this thread will help but take a read through and see if something pops out at ya

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=396882

Old 09-24-2005, 07:25 AM

I'm really curious to know how it can be done.. I know my friends infiniti is an 2005 and has the same exact looking navigation with the same 'i agree' button when the car starts and then the block to do anything on the navi while the vehicle is in motion, but he had them disabled..

Thanks for that GEC.. i'll see if there is anything in that menu
Old 09-24-2005, 08:35 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by jrzymuscle21
I'm really curious to know how it can be done.. I know my friends infiniti is an 2005 and has the same exact looking navigation with the same 'i agree' button when the car starts and then the block to do anything on the navi while the vehicle is in motion, but he had them disabled..

Thanks for that GEC.. i'll see if there is anything in that menu
Well even though this is a 6th gen question you'd have better luck on the A/V & Electronics forums. I remember somebody saying something about hacking the Pioneer units by grounding the parking brake sensor and some other stuff, but I don't know if that'd work with the Maxima navigation.

I suppose you can look at the 6th gen wiring diagram that was posted before and see if there's anything in there that relates to the nav unit being tied to the car being in park or something...
Old 09-24-2005, 09:43 AM

There may be an easier way to bypass it but I couldn't find it, i remember finding this website when I was looking to find a nav to tv converter.

http://www.generatorlabs.com/

This place sells a unit they call NoNag. I think it automatically presses enter for you once the welcome screen pops up. I didn't mind pressing enter everytime when I first got my car, then after a while i got annoyed. but now i'm used to it and its just a routine. Start the car, put on seatbealt, press enter. The NoNag cost $60..if you can't stand the welcome screen I guess its worth it. They have a demo video on their site.
Old 09-25-2005, 04:13 AM

Thanks for this info, i am so going to get the NavBox..!!! thanks..
Old 09-25-2005, 08:46 AM
my rear view mirrors flap like a f-ing bird

Originally Posted by gec
damn thats a tough question....I have an after market pioneer avic d1 and got the same issue...i've looked that bad boy up and down with no success....but i don't know if this thread will help but take a read through and see if something pops out at ya

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=396882
Kenny, I have that lock out bypass for your unit...

AVIC-D1 lockout bypass: Find an extra Pioneer wire harness, and pull one of the wires out. Or, if you do not use the A.ANT lead, pull that out of the harness. In the AVIC-D1 harness, there is one open spot on the connector (next to the ground wire). Put the wire into the open spot on the connector, connect the other side to ground, then re-connect the plug to the AVIC-D1. Also, you must ground the Parking Brake wire (or connect to a toggle switch if you feel the need).

Thats it, all there is to it, and all the lockouts are bypassed. Easy, give it a try.
Old 09-26-2005, 03:59 PM

Vdo Ms 5000

Nobody would happen to know the one for the VDO MS 5000 class lockout bypass by any chance ??