6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

06 Max bluetooth, BAD News:(

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2006, 07:51 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Who is the bluetooth unit manufacturer, maybe we can get a replacement ordered?
Old 02-18-2006, 07:00 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by Dutchboy
Who is the bluetooth unit manufacturer, maybe we can get a replacement ordered?
Visteon's MACH Voice Link system

http://www.visteon.com/
Old 03-08-2006, 02:12 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

The factory intergrated bluetooth is cutting its teeth. That's why I installed the Parrot 3200LS color. I highly recommend this unit. But it is a bear to install in the Maxima without this plug and play interface (costs $150) which made it a half hour job

http://members.***.net/quickconnect/HBBH-1.html

There is not a single wire to cut or attach - plug and play for Nissan Bose (only) systems...

If anyone is not familiar with the Parrot kits - see http://www.parrot.biz
The new 3200 color model is very nice and costs about $200 in addition to above harness - see http://www.mobileplanet.com/product.asp?code=127593
Old 03-08-2006, 05:51 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

The Motorola Razr works great with my '06 SL. I will be changing out the stereo though for an Alpine unit and I will be adding their Bluetooth unit when it comes out.
Old 03-10-2006, 09:00 AM

Does anyone have a list of phones that are compatible with the Bluetooth in the maxima? Sorry if its already been posted.
Old 03-10-2006, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by ermis
Does anyone have a list of phones that are compatible with the Bluetooth in the maxima? Sorry if its already been posted.

http://www.nissanusa.com/bluetooth
Old 03-10-2006, 11:29 AM

Thanks for the link!

Does anyone know if the Motorola SLVR L7 is compatable or tried it?
Old 03-10-2006, 02:49 PM

Bluetooth upgrade?

Hey guys I just looked more closley at the Nissan Bluetooth link and they are now showing a picture of the Maxima LCD screen with phone info on it.

This wasn't there a few months ago.

I have got a call in to my dealer and they said they will check with their technology guys and call me back. I'll update when I know more.

Old 03-12-2006, 01:19 AM

sorry i dont want to be the only one but my phone works fine while im on a call i can send text and shiet..... maybe its the type of phone i have a nokia 6620
Old 03-12-2006, 07:22 AM

Hey guys I just looked more closley at the Nissan Bluetooth link and they are now showing a picture of the Maxima LCD screen with phone info on it.

I have got a call in to my dealer and they said they will check with their technology guys and call me back. I'll update when I know more.

YES! Let us know please. That would be awesome if you can get an upgrade so you can see the Caller name when they call.
Old 03-12-2006, 05:57 PM

Bluetooth firmware can usually be updated with a notebook that has a bluetooth dongle. They shouldn't have to futz with your car otherwise. That would be nice if the display can be made to work with '06 factory bluetooth. It should have had that feature to begin with...
Old 03-13-2006, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by ericahls

hmmm
when the say the phone is compatible, do they mean able to use the phone at all in your max, or use your phone and get the display to show who's calling?

keep up the posts as it would be nice to see this feature in my max
Old 03-13-2006, 01:16 PM

Well the answer from Nissan is that our Bluetooth only transmits audio data and not caller i.d. info. They will not give me a reason as to why it wont transmit caller i.d. info but just that it doesn't. I spent $100's of dollars extra for a VERY basic bluetooth system. This is Nissan's FLAGSHIP vehicle isn't it?

Oh, and they are sorry that the picture on their website of text on the LCD screen is misleading.
Old 03-13-2006, 01:31 PM

That is a shame. If anyone is getting a new Maxima, I'd highly recommend the Parrot 3200 Color instead of the factory bluetooth - especially with the Quick Connect harness with no cutting or splicing - 1/2 hour install. Parrot does signal strength, battery level, incoming caller ID, incoming Photo Caller ID!, phone book scrolling, call register of recent outgoing and incoming calls, etc etc. The sad thing is that Parrot sells their bluetooth chip to car manufacturers but most don't implement the cool features.
Old 03-13-2006, 02:47 PM
GrandPa

Originally Posted by ericahls
Well the answer from Nissan is that our Bluetooth only transmits audio data and not caller i.d. info. They will not give me a reason as to why it wont transmit caller i.d. info but just that it doesn't. I spent $100's of dollars extra for a VERY basic bluetooth system. This is Nissan's FLAGSHIP vehicle isn't it?

Oh, and they are sorry that the picture on their website of text on the LCD screen is misleading.
Well maybe its time for you guys to start a class action lawsuit.
Old 03-14-2006, 09:27 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Bluetooth's Sound Quality Issue (Per Nissan O.A.)

Bought an 06' Max with BT and experiencing issues with the person on the other end being able to hear the person in the car...at least until the person raises their voice a couple of decibels.

Called NOA and they advised they are receiving calls from other owners who are experiencing the same problem and don't currently have a fix for the problem. THAT'S NICE!

Just a heads up. If you have a similar problem call em' up.

http://forums.maxima.org/images/smilies/gaysex.gif
Old 03-14-2006, 11:28 AM

imo teh luetooth stuff is just one more thing to go wrong, i mean ya its useful, but i personally would not want one
Old 03-27-2006, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by dallasmax
Bought an 06' Max with BT and experiencing issues with the person on the other end being able to hear the person in the car...at least until the person raises their voice a couple of decibels.

Called NOA and they advised they are receiving calls from other owners who are experiencing the same problem and don't currently have a fix for the problem. THAT'S NICE!

Just a heads up. If you have a similar problem call em' up.

http://forums.maxima.org/images/smilies/gaysex.gif
Just got my car and tried bluetooth with my phone... yes i am having the same problem... person on the other line cant hear me well unless I yell....
Old 04-03-2006, 06:50 AM

here's an interesting question for all my fellow bluetooth owners

mine seems to work okay, but there's something i've been wondering

if i call a service (like lets say moviephone) that asks you to press one or press two to continue, what do you use in order to press buttons. do you just push the button on the phone and have the stereo work as a loudspeaker?

Old 04-03-2006, 07:19 AM

Trying to call a service like your voice mail or Moviephone and pressing the button on your phone would have taken less time than it required to type in your message.
Old 04-03-2006, 10:57 AM

hahaha yes just press the button on your phone...

BTW, i resolved my issue looks like you need to sit far back away from the mic otherwise it doesnt work properly... i have been using it for a while now and it works great now.
Old 02-21-2007, 03:58 AM
Five Time Maxima Owner

I just bought a 2007 Maxima. Does anyone know if it supports the newer Bluetooth 2.0? Has Maxima improved the system any over the 2006? I see threads that the incoming call number doesn't display in the 2006. Does this still hold true for 2007?

Thanks for the replies.
Old 02-21-2007, 09:05 AM
NINE-time Maxima Owner

Originally Posted by mrose120
Anyone with any experience with the Motorola RAZR (Verizon) in there Maxima using bluetooth?
I have an Alltel Razr V3c and a V3m (same CDMA Razr versions as Verizon)... they work great with the '07 Max Bluetooth EXCEPT for no CID display as already noted. The phone supports CID via bluetooth but Nissan does not. (Knuckleheads!)
Old 02-21-2007, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by Maxima1964
I just bought a 2007 Maxima. Does anyone know if it supports the newer Bluetooth 2.0? Has Maxima improved the system any over the 2006? I see threads that the incoming call number doesn't display in the 2006. Does this still hold true for 2007?

Thanks for the replies.
No display. This seems like it would be such an easy feature to include as well. The system works great though
Old 02-21-2007, 10:12 AM
I Donate! Why Don't You?

Originally Posted by 2001SE
Its nissan getting cheap again. Its like the memory seats on the 2k2-2k3 only remember the seat position and not the mirrors, which is annyoin as hel!
2004 and up remembers it all except for rear view mirror hehe...

provided you have the package of course.
Old 02-21-2007, 01:49 PM
Five Time Maxima Owner

Does anyone know if the 2007 Maxima has the same basic bluetooth hardware as the 2006? I was told by my cell phone guy at Cingular I should buy a new phone with Bluetooth 2.0 because it is in stereo? Has anyone had any luck using Bluetooth 2.0 with a 2007 Maxima?
Old 02-21-2007, 02:32 PM
NINE-time Maxima Owner

Does anyone know if the 2007 Maxima has the same basic bluetooth hardware as the 2006? I was told by my cell phone guy at Cingular I should buy a new phone with Bluetooth 2.0 because it is in stereo? Has anyone had any luck using Bluetooth 2.0 with a 2007 Maxima?
The Bluetooth 2.0 standard can support stereo, but that doesn't mean it is implememented in every device that is 2.0 compliant. Telephony certainly will remain mono.

If your thinking of using a multimedia phone as an MP3 player connected to the car via bluetooth, forget it... the '07 Max bluetooth connection plays out of the right front door speaker only.
Old 02-21-2007, 04:59 PM
Five Time Maxima Owner

Thanks Jcalabria. Sorry if I am asking redudant questions, but being new I am having trouble searching old posts...When using Bluetooth on your 07' does the phone number or signal strenght display on the info screen? My wife has an Acura TL and it shows both.
Old 02-21-2007, 06:21 PM

Unfortunately, nothing shows from the phone call except BLUETOOTH MODE on the screen. It would be nice if it at least showed the phone number.
Old 02-21-2007, 06:32 PM

This maybe off topic. But I have a '04SE and no blue-tooth. But I have one of these add-on the Motorola T305 and love it. It only costs me $29.99 (after rebate). It's loud and clear and handle voice dialing like a charm. Of course, I have to turn off/down the volume manually (using buttons on the steering wheel). I even fooled my bro-in-law (TL guy w/no BT) by talking/giving commands to the "car". I had him believing for awhile until I reveal the $29 secret.
http://www.motorola.com/motoinfo/pro...alObjectId=153
Old 02-21-2007, 09:19 PM

Yeah, not displaying the incoming phone # is the first and hopefully only disappointment I have found on my new Maxima. Seems like this could have been very easy for Nissan to implement with phones providing this feature, but ahh well.
Old 02-22-2007, 07:17 AM
Five Time Maxima Owner

It would also be great if Nissan added a feature that not only showed you the number but if the number was in your Phonebook..it would say, "Call from XXX" by using the name you added spoke into the phonebook.
Old 02-22-2007, 08:00 AM
NINE-time Maxima Owner

Yep... the mildest word that comes to mind about Nissan and the lack of CID is "Knuckleheads". I can't think of any reason why they wouldn't. All the hardware is almost undoubtedly there.... a few lines of code and we wouldn't all be here complaining right now. But it does work well otherwise.
Old 02-22-2007, 02:02 PM

I also thought I read somewhere at the Infinity FX vehicles with bluetooth will show the incoming number. Not sure if they show the name from the address book or not.

My friend has a BMW Z4, and he even has the option to copy the phonebook from his phone to the car so he can select names from the display.
Old 02-22-2007, 07:16 PM
Five Time Maxima Owner

Originally Posted by jcalabria
Yep... the mildest word that comes to mind about Nissan and the lack of CID is "Knuckleheads". I can't think of any reason why they wouldn't. All the hardware is almost undoubtedly there.... a few lines of code and we wouldn't all be here complaining right now. But it does work well otherwise.
Does your Maxima automatically sync with your phone when you get in the car? In otherwords, can you dial once you get in the car?
Old 02-22-2007, 07:18 PM

Yes, it does, there is a little light in the top console that blinks while connecting, they stays solid to let you know it connected.
Old 02-22-2007, 07:29 PM
NINE-time Maxima Owner

Does your Maxima automatically sync with your phone when you get in the car? In otherwords, can you dial once you get in the car?
Yes it does (once its paired). Its got great range, too... if my wife has the car when she comes home it will sync up with my phone even if I'm in the house.
Old 02-25-2007, 08:55 AM
Five Time Maxima Owner

I just bought a Blackberry 8700g and it works great. But I deleted the old phone from my list and my address book was gone. I thought it would have kept the address book regardless of which phone I was using. I had to sit there for another hour and a half and enter them back in. This time, though, I used first and last names, to avoid conflicts with the voice recognition.
Old 02-25-2007, 12:20 PM

maybe Im wrong but when I was 1st playing with the BlueTooth, I think you can program different ringtones or ringers into the car for different numbers
Old 07-04-2007, 02:36 AM

You can program different ringers for the bluetooth, but they're not great.

I am disappointed with my bluetooth. I bought the Max over the TL because I figured the bluetooth was the same. I think it's poopy that the Max doesn't match that to the TL. Not that I am comparing both cars... I guess if I would have just spent the extra 3k I would get to see that in my display screen.

I also am having trouble with people on the other end being able to hear me when I am driving/talking. I practically have to scream at the little mic for them to hear me... Thus, I don't use it as much as I thought I would.

Ugh.

Quick Reply: 06 Max bluetooth, BAD News:(