6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

The NEW ActiveTuning S4.1 Maxima Grille! Need Test Fitter

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2006, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by D@ActiveTuning

I'll take that race You can pick either the twin turbo 350Z or the Dodge Viper (close friends):

Wow thats a pretty intimidating race!
Old 02-05-2006, 09:35 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Wow, that's pretty immature man. Not sure if you realize, but I'm not making "too much money not to make parts for your cars".

ActiveTuning is a part-time business run by two people because we have a passion for Nissan. We have full-time jobs, and my partner who does most of the manufacturing (Altimat) has two kids and a wife to keep up with as well.

That means it's not making enough for us to go in full-time yet (and nowhere near that may I add).

We do what we can, and we work very hard, a lot of times late in the night just to wake up at 6am for work the next day. We put a lot of our effort into this company, and if it takes this long to develop a product, there's a reason behind it.

I for one find your comments fairly insulting to be honest, and it really does take a lot to bother me with a comment. I can understand frustration, but as one said, **** happens...there's obviously a reason it's not out yet. We don't just purposely sit here and say, ok, let's not make money, and just wait another month to see how these guys react.

I'll take that race You can pick either the twin turbo 350Z or the Dodge Viper (close friends):

Ok, i didnt intend to insult you, but i am a bit of a hot head, and i guess at the moment i felt pretty damn insulted as a consumer when i read That you dont know why you waste your time on 6th gens. Maybe i read too much into it but ill man up because i didnt realize how small your company was. I thought you worked on a much greater scale and felt insulted by a corp company. So im sorry for going further than i should have with my comments. Ill pass on the race and save my gas with those options. But you should realize that when you ask for a car for a test fit, it kinda makes you think its ready to go. And i really dont like to mod that much but i was really into your grill and you kinda advertised like it was gonna be done in at least a month. Anyways no hard feelings.
Old 02-05-2006, 09:40 PM
*moderator*

Originally Posted by belal242
Ok, i didnt intend to insult you, but i am a bit of a hot head, and i guess at the moment i felt pretty damn insulted as a consumer when i read That you dont know why you waste your time on 6th gens. Maybe i read too much into it but ill man up because i didnt realize how small your company was. I thought you worked on a much greater scale and felt insulted by a corp company. So im sorry for going further than i should have with my comments. Ill pass on the race and save my gas with those options. But you should realize that when you ask for a car for a test fit, it kinda makes you think its ready to go. And i really dont like to mod that much but i was really into your grill and you kinda advertised like it was gonna be done in at least a month. Anyways no hard feelings.

Props to you for stepping up like man!! (hot head , lol)
Old 02-05-2006, 09:45 PM

Props buddy.... way to step up... now group hug.. LOL..
Old 02-06-2006, 05:53 AM

It's all good Thanks for understanding our point of view.
Old 02-28-2006, 07:24 PM
Banned

Now March...still waiting...c'mon...
Old 03-01-2006, 03:33 PM

Tick tock, tick tock.

I really think it is gonna look really good when finished, just the waiting is killing me.
Old 03-01-2006, 04:10 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

i was waiting for the grille because im tired of my trenz...but this sht is takin way to long im buyin something else.
Old 03-01-2006, 05:28 PM
Newbie just Registered

Originally Posted by logik05se
i was waiting for the grille because im tired of my trenz...but this sht is takin way to long im buyin something else.
Looks like Redlinemax is getting some orders.
Old 03-01-2006, 06:56 PM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

Originally Posted by BadBlackMaxSL
Tick tock, tick tock.

I really think it is gonna look really good when finished, just the waiting is killing me.
Here you go, try this...

Old 03-02-2006, 06:43 AM

i agree i want a new grille and really would like to see this before i chose, is there any new info.
Old 03-12-2006, 06:44 PM

I'll hopefully have some info for you guys on Wed.
Old 03-13-2006, 05:25 AM
.org extraordinaire

Kam

Does your new grill have the same size, fittment and dimesions as the OEM? Because my Trendz doesnt fit with my OEM Nissan bug deflector.

Thanks,

Kam
Old 03-13-2006, 07:09 AM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

Originally Posted by kamilkluczewski
Does your new grill have the same size, fittment and dimesions as the OEM? Because my Trendz doesnt fit with my OEM Nissan bug deflector.

Thanks,

Kam
I dig that bug deflector, cost???
Old 03-13-2006, 09:02 AM
.org extraordinaire

$100

Originally Posted by chernmax
I dig that bug deflector, cost???
$100 Canadian from the Stealership I think, mine came with the car as the hood had a chip in it on delivery so i told em to f()()K off and get me a new car or hood, they fixed the chip and gave me the deflector with the car.

So im not sure as to the cost

Kam
Old 03-15-2006, 06:11 PM

I'll hopefully have some info for you guys on Wed.
it sure was a long wenesday....-=\
Old 03-15-2006, 06:19 PM

It'll have to wait until tomorrow morning, I'm still waiting to hear back from one more person. It will have an OEM fitment.
Old 03-16-2006, 01:50 AM

$100 Canadian from the Stealership I think, mine came with the car as the hood had a chip in it on delivery so i told em to f()()K off and get me a new car or hood, they fixed the chip and gave me the deflector with the car.

So im not sure as to the cost

Kam
Do you know the manufacturer of the shield? The only one I've found is for the 03.
Old 03-16-2006, 04:58 AM
.org extraordinaire

Originally Posted by 05MAXSE
Do you know the manufacturer of the shield? The only one I've found is for the 03.
I will call my dealership today and find out, I know they come in two colors, smoke (mine) and clear.

I will call them today and get you a part number.

Kam
Old 03-16-2006, 05:29 AM

I will call my dealership today and find out, I know they come in two colors, smoke (mine) and clear.

I will call them today and get you a part number.

Kam
Thanks. I'm looking for a clear so I can paint it.
Old 03-17-2006, 08:03 AM
.org extraordinaire

Bug Deflector

Thanks. I'm looking for a clear so I can paint it.
I got my bug deflector at a local dealership.

Part number: 99998-HD13E04

Price is around the $90 to $100 Canadian dollars.

Take Care,
Kam
Old 03-17-2006, 08:15 AM

It'll have to wait until tomorrow morning, I'm still waiting to hear back from one more person. It will have an OEM fitment.
Ok so here's the latest update. We've been working with a new Fiberglass manufacturer to help us produce the grilles. The company is really great, they do all the OE stuff for Harley Davidson, and some other big projects.

They are still working on the costs, and if everything works out in terms of affordability for us, we should have parts by the end of April ready to ship.
Old 03-17-2006, 08:34 AM
Newbie just Registered

Ok so here's the latest update. We've been working with a new Fiberglass manufacturer to help us produce the grilles. The company is really great, they do all the OE stuff for Harley Davidson, and some other big projects.

They are still working on the costs, and if everything works out in terms of affordability for us, we should have parts by the end of April ready to ship.
I thought we're getting some pics!
Old 03-17-2006, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by RHMax
I thought we're getting some pics!
Fine fine, here's an actual part of the prototype:

Old 03-17-2006, 09:42 AM

I need a new grill, ill wait till the end of april to decide which one to go with.
Old 03-17-2006, 10:50 AM

I got my bug deflector at a local dealership.

Part number: 99998-HD13E04

Price is around the $90 to $100 Canadian dollars.

Take Care,
Kam

Thanks, I'll see what my dealer can do for me.
Old 03-17-2006, 09:05 PM

how generous of you lol...wat the hell is that.
Old 03-18-2006, 05:08 PM

kinda small for a pic, but atleast it is one....
Old 03-18-2006, 06:54 PM

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!
Old 03-20-2006, 09:45 AM
Banned

What happened to February, now its going to be may....i bet this wont happen till June or July...I'll end up owning a new car by the time you have it done.
Old 03-20-2006, 10:02 AM

If you read my comments in this thread, you'll know where I stand on giving a date now.
Old 03-20-2006, 01:31 PM
Banned

They're talking about bug-deflectors in this thread now...
Old 03-20-2006, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by 04BlackMaxx
They're talking about bug-deflectors in this thread now...
Why not, the thread has been useless from the beginning.
Old 03-20-2006, 03:02 PM
Newbie just Registered

Why not, the thread has been useless from the beginning.
Wow, almost 4 months!
Old 03-20-2006, 06:23 PM
Banned

This is the excuse thread
Old 03-20-2006, 06:42 PM
Not for rookies!!

I know that we all anticipate the eventual development and arrival of new items for our cars, but blaming Active Tuning or whoever else that chooses to make parts for our vehicles doesn't help...they are a business and make no money off these delays. That being said it would be in everyone's best interest to have items such as this grill on their shelves. I am sure that they are working as hard as they can. Name calling and finger pointing won’t help getting this product on our cars any sooner.
Old 03-20-2006, 09:28 PM

unmatched your 100% rite, i just wish this thread wasnt created in febuary with the about a week or so it should be ready thrown in. Other than that I dont care I understand delays happen.
Old 03-20-2006, 10:35 PM
Newbie just Registered

...Per many requests, we have created an S2/S5 Altima style grille for you 6th gen Maxima's! This is the one that will completely be rid of the "tooth". The grille will be released in January, so stay on the lookout...we're very excited about this one.

As a side-note, we need somebody with a lighter color car to help us do a test fitment on the grille in Lake Mills, WI (about 2 hours from Chicago, 30 min from Madison). The person that helps us out will recieve a FREE grille pre-painted to match their car. We will require one trip out to us (ASAP) which we will do test fitment and some pictures (Please make sure your car is washed!). Then an optional 2nd trip out to us where we will install the painted grille for you...or we can have it shipped to you. PM me if interested....we need somebody right away...
First post:
"we have created an S2/S5 Altima style grille for you 6th gen Maxima's"
"The grille will be released in January, so stay on the lookout"
"we need somebody with a lighter color car to help us do a test fitment on the grille in Lake Mills, WI "

I emailed AT and offered to have my friend's shop do the fitment on my car when they couldn't get a local car.

RedlineMax's delayed too w/ some production issues, but atleast I can see 2 prototypes of their grille.
Old 03-21-2006, 05:13 AM
Banned

Exactly, its the excuses and changes that got so annoying, AT is like the boy who cried wolf, nobody is going to care when its actually made because of all this false hype. Should havekept it quiet until they were ready to be sold, and as for asking the org for a 6th gen test fitter, puh-leeze, that screams amateur.
Old 03-21-2006, 06:03 AM

1) Product delays happen. As unmatched stated, we don't make money on delays...so it's in our best interest to have it released as soon as we can.
2) Regarding "RedlineMax's delayed too w/ some production issues, but atleast I can see 2 prototypes of their grille.". Just because they provide a prototype of their grille, doesn't mean we need to. You guys already know what it will look like in general (like the S2/S5 style but for the Maxima aka our S4 grille without the two center bars).
3) It can take as long as it needs to, because all that matters to us in the end is that we have a top notch quality part in the end. If there is anything that would compromise the quality, we would not release the grille.
4) Sony must be an amateur company too since they are taking so long on their PS3. While we're at, Microsoft is pretty amateur as well....because no big companies have delays. Fact is that it happens, and that there are reasons for it. We do not need to give you every step of our processes, because obviously when we've tried to do that, some of you come back with "blah blah excuses". Fine. Point taken. No more updates, it'll be released when it's released.

Quick Reply: The NEW ActiveTuning S4.1 Maxima Grille! Need Test Fitter