6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

I Have A Dilemma!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2006, 03:48 PM
RVC
Donating Maxima.org Member

I Have A Dilemma!!!

Ok, I have had a crap load of problems with my Max. I have been to the dealer and they keep fixing it but new problems keep coming. So I go into the dealer tonight and they are willing to take my Max and put me in a brand new 06 with no extra charges and same payment. But my problem is they have no 6 speeds and I'm not sure I want to give up my 6 speed. Mine is an 05' Onyx btw. What would you guys do??
Old 01-07-2006, 03:51 PM

i'd take it, and run...
Old 01-07-2006, 03:52 PM

^^^^^^^^

what he said!!
Old 01-07-2006, 04:08 PM

you mean the 06 isnt sitting outside the house has you type
Old 01-07-2006, 04:32 PM

You need to drop the 6 speed and take the 06 max! As soon as I finish typing up this reply, you better have gotten it!
Old 01-07-2006, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by Killah Kane
You need to drop the 6 speed and take the 06 max! As soon as I finish typing up this reply, you better have gotten it!
Tha't not a dilemma, that's damn lucky. Take the 06.
Old 01-07-2006, 04:41 PM

This Forum has spoken my friend, i would have taken it myself and ran with it.. Done and Done. The resell value is a bit more if you look at it this way. Dont sell it but if you had too.. well... Get it, and be happy.. Like the others have said before me.... Go with the flow bro.. Ask to take it for a day and think about it.. I would have loved to get a 6 speed, but living in a high traffic area like Dallas TX, it gets really frustrating to shift over and over, and over, and throw up, and over and .... you get it.. I love the fact that the 5spd Auto has pure power like a manual. Easier on the mind. It takes away from the fun of a stick shift, but it gives you more time to relax.. LAter bro, and good luck.....
Old 01-07-2006, 05:16 PM

If there is no cost to you then I would say take the deal while they are offering it. Actually that must be a pretty decent dealer to offer that to you. Besides while manuals have their good points, so do autos. If you have had so many problems with your current car then it sure sounds like you will also reduce your stress over the car needing repairs.
Old 01-07-2006, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by dirtyo2000
you mean the 06 isnt sitting outside the house has you type
i am pretty sure it is sitting outside by now...he was just playing/bragging with us...
Old 01-07-2006, 05:26 PM

Take the 06 and use the slap stick for your "manual" shifting.
Old 01-07-2006, 05:31 PM

You should definitely go for it. The auto stick can be alot of fun at times...
Old 01-07-2006, 05:41 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

This is what you call a "no brainer"
Old 01-07-2006, 06:28 PM

Jeez, I hope your still not thinking about it, Like the comercials say "Just Do It"
Old 01-07-2006, 06:45 PM
RVC

Wow! I didn't expect this thread to be so one way! Noone got any love for my 6 speed?! It actually is a pretty good deal exept I have a 5yr 75,000 mile warranty with my 05' and they want to pay me back my money for the remaining part of the warranty and put it towards the new car which in turn will keep my payments the same. They are also going to put my chrome oem wheels on there for me too. I get to keep all my stuff...grilles, K&N filter and pick any color that they have in stock. Can you believe this? I will think about it over the weekend and keep you guys posted.

Old 01-07-2006, 06:52 PM
my rear view mirrors flap like a f-ing bird

pics of the 06 yet?
Old 01-07-2006, 07:05 PM

what the hell do you have to think about?!!!! If you have had a lot of promblems with your current max and the dealer is willing to work with you to put you in a new max any color on the lot. So what it is not a stick. Get over it. It is a new car same payments and you get to keep all your upgrades. You would be a damn fool if you didn't. This thread is pointless man go pick up your new car!!!!!!
Old 01-07-2006, 07:08 PM
RVC

Geez...I guess I'm a damn idiot for thinking twice about this!
Old 01-07-2006, 08:53 PM

this is no dilemma as everyone so far on this thread would agree that this is a no brainer and that u should have that 06 already in the front of your house some one should go slap u on the side of your head for thinking twice about it. consider yourself lucky that they gave u this option
Old 01-07-2006, 09:02 PM

I say if theyre willing to do that hands down, you should just tell them to put you in exact model 06 INCLUDING the 6spd. Why should you sacrifice for something that you or they cant help? Its possible for them to find you an 06 6spd. if they wanted to.
Old 01-07-2006, 10:20 PM

BLAXIMA2K4 - There are not as many 6 speeds being produced with the '06 model year as there were with the '04 model year. Nissan found that would-be race car drivers and ultimate control freaks are among the few folks buying a near-luxury vehicle with a manual transmission.

If I lived in Tombstone, AZ, a 6 speed might be nice. But there isn't a place within a hundred miles of where I live that a manual tranny would be anything but a bother.

I would probably have to shift 200 times to go the 200 yards from the post office to the sub shop. And with very minimal acelleration possible at any point. That takes the fun out of the manual.

Also, the resale value on the Maxima with the auto tranny will be greater, as well over 90% of folks looking at used Maximas will prefer the auto tranny. Just a fact of life.

Wish someone would accept my '04 for an '06 even up. That is like handing me money.
Old 01-07-2006, 10:28 PM
SuPeRmOd

this would be a dilemma if we only had the 4sp auto. 5sp rocks.
Just make sure you get the same or better features.
I wouldn't get it if anything less than DDP though. but that's just me maybe.
although you can always mod
Old 01-07-2006, 11:21 PM
Newbie just Registered

Originally Posted by RVC
Wow! I didn't expect this thread to be so one way! Noone got any love for my 6 speed?! It actually is a pretty good deal exept I have a 5yr 75,000 mile warranty with my 05' and they want to pay me back my money for the remaining part of the warranty and put it towards the new car which in turn will keep my payments the same. They are also going to put my chrome oem wheels on there for me too. I get to keep all my stuff...grilles, K&N filter and pick any color that they have in stock. Can you believe this? I will think about it over the weekend and keep you guys posted.

You'll missed the manual, but you won't miss the problems. I still miss shifting sometimes, but the car has enough power for most driving situations.
Old 01-08-2006, 04:14 AM

Especially living in the Hampton Roads area and with traffic-I got rid of my 03 Cobra and went to a Maxima witih one of the big reasons being the automatic. CLutching in/ouot all the time has to induce wear/tear on the parts not to mention your left leg.
Old 01-08-2006, 05:40 AM

Just post some pics of your new 06 with your chromed OEMS!! In other words, "git er done".
Old 01-08-2006, 06:53 AM
RVC

update

Well I have been looking over the deal the dealer is trying to give me and they make it sound like a killer deal that no sane person should pass up. But as my roommate and I were looking over the numbers, it turns out to be not that great of a deal. They are wanting me to pay OVER sticker price for the car. So they are giving me $1200 for my extended warranty, $1000 cash incentive on the 06' Max, and applying this to the new car and my payments are still the same. Then I have to re-purchase my gap insurance. Even after the $2200 is applied to the loan I stil have the same payment. When I got my 05' I got gap insurance, 5yr-75,000 mile warranty, paint and inetrior protection and a few other goodies for what I'll be paying for this one with no extras, and I have to start my 5yr car note over. And the dealer gets a big fat credit back from Nissan for my car. I think I am going to stick it out and persue the buy back through BBB and Nissan. Thanks for the input guys.
Old 01-08-2006, 07:16 AM

If it's over the sticker, then that's bad, if it's over invoice you may want to reconsider. And what if you just didn't buy the gap insurance... or at least not from them. I bet your car insurance company sells that too.
Old 01-08-2006, 08:25 AM

....I don't know who would pass up on this deal? Dealership is offering you a brand new car (granted not a 6 speed), letting you keep all your mods, and they're willing to give you any color of choice?? Where's the problem???

It won't have a 6 speed option but than again the 5 speed automatic is no slouch. Do yourself a favor, go to the dealership and tell them you're there to pick up your new car otherwise .

Make the right choice
Old 01-08-2006, 08:44 AM
RVC

I am still looking at the numbers, the deal isn't that good.
Old 01-08-2006, 09:12 AM
SuPeRmOd

Originally Posted by 2k4MaximaSE
....I don't know who would pass up on this deal? Dealership is offering you a brand new car (granted not a 6 speed), letting you keep all your mods, and they're willing to give you any color of choice?? Where's the problem???
Make the right choice
he just stated why.

well when you said even trade... but good to look and find they wanted you to start over. how many payments have you made? I would buy GAP through your insurance anyway. Mine only charges $25 a year for full-Gap (no deductible). And you can negotiate the ext. warranty among dealers.

Tell them you would only pay sticker value if you can order exactly what you want for the trade (6 speed). Full price off the lot is a jerk move. You still have a few things to work with and negotiate. If they are stubborn about no further discounts, ask who you should contact for Lemon Law.
Old 01-08-2006, 09:21 AM
RVC

Yeah when they called me they made me think I was just trading mine for a new one. I thought hell yeah! Good deal. Then when I went in they kept talking like they were gonna just take mine and gimme a new one. then they did thier magical paperwork and said "same payments, and you can have the 06'" At this point in time my kids wewe driving me crazy and I wanted to leave. So later that night my roommate and I were looking at the numbers and realized that they are hiding money here and there to make up for the hit they will take by taking my car off my hands. I am kinda pi$$ed cause they had me exited, and now I realize they just wanted to F#*k me.
Old 01-08-2006, 10:29 AM

Yeah sounds basically like a trade in deal. For that, you can go to any dealership and negotiate. Hope it works out, keep us posted.
Old 01-08-2006, 12:44 PM

Hold out and get what you want.
Old 01-08-2006, 12:50 PM
Newbie just Registered

Originally Posted by Apollos2
Yeah sounds basically like a trade in deal. For that, you can go to any dealership and negotiate. Hope it works out, keep us posted.
Now the details come out.
Old 01-08-2006, 01:31 PM

Came to this discussion late, so I have the benefit of seeing how the good deal was not so good. I too (like RVC) was surprised that no one held out for a 6-speed trannie. Early in the thread (before I finished reading it all) I was ready to write that RVC should ask for this deal but with an 06 with a 6-speed. The deal has gone sour, so the question is moot. But I know that my dealer did not sell me an 04 with a auto trannie (because that was what he had on the lot). I went home and did a search on the internet and found a 6-speed at another dealer. The two dealers did a swap and my dealer sold me a 6-speed -- because that was why I was looking at Max's in the first place -- to get a good car with a manual trannie because I'd had enough of auto trannie problems with other cars.

6-speed rules -- at least for me!
Old 01-08-2006, 02:10 PM
RVC

Originally Posted by RHMax
Now the details come out.
Yeah really...they pretty much told me I was getting a new ride for mine, then after they get me there and explain how good of a deal I'm getting they stick the numbers they figured up in an envelope and I take my complaining kids home. Then I look at the papers and realize it's bS. This thread wasen't intended to get everuone worked up!! Sorry bout that guys.
Old 01-08-2006, 06:50 PM

So are they not willing to find a 6speed or is it not out yet? I don't know as I have gotten older I have moved away from the manual trannies. If I wanna shift through my gears really fast I ride my ninja. But I like the auto so I can police my 2yr and 7yr old fightining in the back seat. Well I hope that it all works out new car or fixed 05.
Old 01-08-2006, 07:35 PM

watch out RVC... read the fine print really carefull.... no dealer will give an 06 for an 05 without strings attached!! (now or in the future)

good luck!!
Old 01-09-2006, 04:04 AM

RVC, which dealership did you get that deal from, Hall or Victory? I had they same situation at Hall with my wife's 97 Nissan Quest, they couldn't fix it and they wanted to give me a 98 with the same payments and options. After I looked over the paperwork it wasn't as good as they stated, luckily the found they problem after replacing every electrical component in the car. I still got the car with 145K and never had another problem.

If you don't feel it is good deal then its not, its your car and your money.

Mike
Old 01-09-2006, 04:17 AM
RVC

Originally Posted by Big Mike
RVC, which dealership did you get that deal from, Hall or Victory? I had they same situation at Hall with my wife's 97 Nissan Quest, they couldn't fix it and they wanted to give me a 98 with the same payments and options. After I looked over the paperwork it wasn't as good as they stated, luckily the found they problem after replacing every electrical component in the car. I still got the car with 145K and never had another problem.

If you don't feel it is good deal then its not, its your car and your money.

Mike
Hey Mike, it was Hall Nissan in Virginia Beach. They got me in there by telling me what kind of great deal they are giving me but it's actually just an a$$ F***ing in disguise! I am keeping my Max and filed a complaint with BBB and Nissan Consumer affairs. I also contacted a lemon law attorney. My car is going to the shop on Thursday for a torn CV boot, plastic interior panels coming off, another bad strut, A/C system making loud clicking noise, and to replace interior pieces they ruined while changing my broken cd player. It sucks!
Old 01-09-2006, 05:03 AM

Rich,

Definately watch those guys, they craked my window replacing the chrome weatherstrip pieces.

Mike

Quick Reply: I Have A Dilemma!!!