6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Brought her in for warranty work already...

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2006, 04:47 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Brought her in for warranty work already...

After 9 months and 13k miles, my check engine light came on.
I dropped it off at stealer and it turned out that my throttle
assembly unit had to be replaced. In addition, I mentioned to
them that there is a vibration on the front passenger side
window. It turned out that the window regulator need
replacement. What a disappointment.
Old 07-05-2006, 05:00 PM
vsamoylov

nissan quality for you

Old 07-05-2006, 08:40 PM
SuPeRmOd

if cars were perfect, there would be no warranty
Old 07-05-2006, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by NismoMax80
if cars were perfect, there would be no warranty
Hmmmm good point, never looked at it that way!
Old 07-06-2006, 02:00 AM

Hmmmm. If you look at it that way, then I should have bought American?
Old 07-06-2006, 09:00 AM

As someone who just got rid of a 99 Oldsmobile, pleeease, it hurts me to hear you say that! haha! I've had my car for a month now and it has had to have a bit repaired as well:

All new BOSE system installed
Extensive tire rotating/balancing/rotating/balancing for the wheel shimmy
Turn signals
Heat shields (still not fixed)

As said, warranty... ahhh....
Old 07-06-2006, 09:57 AM
SuPeRmOd

Originally Posted by Albert
Hmmmm. If you look at it that way, then I should have bought American?
where do you think it was made
Old 07-06-2006, 10:06 AM

haha... does infiniti have this type of problem?
Old 07-06-2006, 10:23 AM
RVC
Donating Maxima.org Member

Nope...they are still imported from Japan....I think.
Old 07-06-2006, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by vsamoylov
nissan quality for you
...according to J.D. Power:
A top executive at Nissan North America Inc. (Doug Betts, senior VP of total customer satisfaction, Nissan N. Am.) says the latest J.D. Power awards show the company is making progress on vehicle quality.

J.D. Power and Associates on Wednesday released its Initial Quality Study, which measures new vehicle quality after 90 days of ownership. On a list that ranked various brands by the number of problems reported per 100 vehicles, Nissan tied with Lincoln for 12th of 37, with the No. 1 ranking - a spot occupied by Porsche - representing the brand with the fewest reported problems. Last year, Nissan tied at 16th on the list.

In addition, the company's Infiniti brand tied at 7th this year with Cadillac.

The survey also ranked the top three vehicle models in various market segments. Nissan's Maxima ranked third among large cars, while the Xterra was third in the compact SUV category. Infiniti's M-Series tied for second among midsize premium cars.
Old 07-06-2006, 04:56 PM

I bought my 96 Max new and have yet brought it back to the dealer for
any factory related problems. Of course, that Max was made in Japan.
Old 07-06-2006, 07:37 PM
Not for rookies!!

Hey man sorry to hear that after 13,000 miles in only 9 months you have to bring your car into the dealer to make two repairs under warranty. What the hell is wrong with Nissan and all these quality issues?
Old 07-06-2006, 08:10 PM

I dropped it off at stealer
You're first mistake!!! if u knew, then why did u take it there?
Old 07-07-2006, 05:19 AM
Stang-seeking Max Missile

I hear ya Albert

After 9 months and 13k miles, my check engine light came on.
I dropped it off at stealer and it turned out that my throttle
assembly unit had to be replaced. In addition, I mentioned to
them that there is a vibration on the front passenger side
window. It turned out that the window regulator need
replacement. What a disappointment.
I took mine in for various problems yesterday; I only have 11,500 miles on mine and needed new front struts, brake pads, rotor resurface and some more minor stuff. The service dept was great- they knew how disappointed I was in the quality, so to keep me happy, they threw in a free oil change and tire rotation. Car runs great now and I'm happy again.
Old 07-08-2006, 06:46 AM
I Donate! Why Don't You?

Don't get me started here.... had a JEEP and somebody said Japanese cars are reliable...oh yeah!

(I bought 2004 max se brand spanking new)

1) From when it was new, the air blower would not blow over your feet. Took it back they changed one part but it wasn't back...parts ordered....change the entire assembly.

2) They probably messed up how they put the whole dash back up and the steering wheel cover keeps on popping up. By where the turn signal lever is the whole thing is open as if somebody was trying to break into the car. Dealer ordered new cover....two days later..pop, it opened again. It opens when the steering wheel goes up when I get outta the car......back to the dealer....parts ordered...changed it again...pops open again. I tell these guys that the dash is probably too low and the cover has nowhere to go...."take it back to the dealer where they did the original work" problem still unsolved.

3) The sponge above the air intake falls apart after about 7 months...parts ordered....intake port assembly replaced.

4) Last winter the stereo (bose) would not play when it was cold. YOu would drive for about 20-30 minutes untill the whole car warms up and the music would kick in scaring the sh-t outta me on the highway coming on at full blast....parts ordered...another trip to the dealer and the music was on

5) CD would skip even on even/slightly rought highway surface. I thought its my recordables so loaded all originals...same SH-t...parts ordered....head unit replaced

6) Warped rotors....charged me for cutting them down but did such a shi-t-y job that after I made a stink they had to replace the rotors. My mechanic said its the worse brake job he has ever seen.

7) Recall-Rear sub frame replacement.

8) Lumbar support out....part ordered (motor assembly).....installed...it's not it....parts ordered...going this week to have it installed

9) Steering wheel shaking when going over uneven road (it's loose somewhere) you can move it up and down when vehicle is standing. Going to report it this week.

There is probably more and all together the car was probably at the dealer for over 2-3 weeks.

I've purchased it at Bay Ridge NISSAN in Brooklyn and had it serviced at both Bay Ridge NISSAN and Kings NISSAN...both places suck. You have to drop of the car at 6:30 am for them to keep it hostage for whole day only so that they could order the parts. You bring it back again at 6:30 am, pick it up at 6 pm only to find out it wasn't that part...and you hope that the third time you drop it off at 6:30 am for a full day again they will fix the problem....WTF!

Anybody here from NY who had their car service at a decent dealer, speak now. I am definitely not going back to Kings NISSAN.

Thank god I bought the extended warranty...god knows whats next.
Old 07-08-2006, 03:11 PM

Star Nissan in Flushing Queens has a great one...with good costumer service and pretty cool people...they kno their stuff...even if they don't they don't just tell you do nd put it back they find someone who does and do it right the first time.

Biener Nissan's service shop is also another good one...its in great neck though...buh really good people not much talkers buh they kno wuh their doing too...
Old 07-08-2006, 03:26 PM

Don't feel so bad dude...at least your first 13k miles where trouble free.

I picked up my new Max three weeks ago and it already has been in service five times for the same problem. After the 5th time they finally fixed it. My whip only has 830 miles on it.
Old 07-08-2006, 03:46 PM

10 months, 16k and the only thing is the exhaust bracket, Im guessing that is the noise
Old 07-08-2006, 04:56 PM
http://www.cardomain.com/my/ed

I bought my 04 sl last year and I haven't had trouble so far. I did take it back to get the pads replaced as the car was a certified used car. I did let the dealer get an earfull. After that he threw in new rotors all the way around. I looked at the inspection that they did and I don't know the pads needed to be changed. I guess if you look at it the stories go from minor to lemon. I would say it's held together very well considering I got the early model 04 (four speed) and I was waiting on the car to give me any of those problems.

As far a quality on vehicles I have a friend who owns a 645 bmw and his car has been back to the dealer several times for warranty work. His convertible top leaked water into his interior and it blew out his navi system. After they figured out the problem. The door hinges started to squeak like an old car. They lube the door the door and it stopped for two days. They replaced the hinges and then they couldn't get it aligned. The door was closing loudly like on old buick. Then the i-drive thingy wasn't functioning properly. After he read the manual and graduated from bmw college of bmw idrive complexiology (lol) they didn't plug in the harness all they. He read the book for hours.

I guess after all my yappin. There are a lot of problems with some of our cars and others with good luck. Atleast it isn't an 80grand plus car. My buddy is disgusted with his car. I guess none of these makers are immune.
Old 07-08-2006, 10:22 PM

my uncle has a 545, he loves the powertrain but can't stand the electrical problems, 1st time I borrowed the car for fun I put the windows down cause that was 1 problem, and they go down and stop and restart about every inch, it's funny but for a 70k car it's just not right and the dealership does not know how to fix these problems cause the manufactures don't even know the cause of the problem.

he's already looking back to Lexus for the new LS460, he had a 430
Old 07-08-2006, 11:39 PM
Nightmare = Reality

First production year of a new or significantly revised model will always have the bulk of the problems on a production run. my 03 has been flawless save for the rotor warppage issue and a mysterious tumbler freeze immobilizing my car for a weekend and 4 days. master tech at dealership claims he's worked on maxes for 10 years and never seen this problem.