6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

The Pro-1 Thread : Duplicating the 350z Exhuast sound thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2006, 02:58 PM

The Pro-1 Thread : Duplicating the 350z Exhuast sound thread

Ok I dont want to leech on the exhuast threads.

Basically im searching Sound clips that you guys might have.

Ive already heard the Greddy + Hot Shot Header sound , and its exteremly loud for me.

I was seeing if maybe someone replace just the Y -pipe or maybe replace the resonator sound clip.

With my new Job and family I barely have the time like I use to, To Dig deep into research for the answer.

I was hoping maybe someone has the soultion to duplicate the Z/G/SE-R OEM exhuast sound.

I dont want to what I did with my 2001 Maxima. It was nice the having the first 6 months STOCK ..until I add the Y pipe and Greddy Exhuast..

The Sound was torlerable but evenuatlly it was too much for me.
I like to keep the A34 nice and clean without the exhuast but I want to upgrade it to get that Z sound.

I notice there isnt much Sound clips so If any of you guys could find time to get a few sound clips I would really appericated it.

I thank you in advance.
Old 08-16-2006, 08:26 PM

i also am headed the same route, having a turbo ek [civic], its now time for some clean oem power with a few suddle upgrades.
Old 08-16-2006, 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by eK9aT10pSi
i also am headed the same route, having a turbo ek [civic], its now time for some clean oem power with a few suddle upgrades.
I went from a Altima KA-T turbo -FD3 Rx7-2001-2006 Maximas ..

Thus Why I dont want to heavily mod the 06 Maxima like I did with the 01..
For family reason (wasnt single life nice?)

I want to keep it simple .. Pulley, ECU upgrade.. (already for the K & N Drop in filter) and just want to do something with the exhuast so it sounds more Z-ish.. I can deal with those simple mods ..

Thus Why I want to try and keep my thread up for any Sound Clips or Ideas of where my goals is with this ride and keep it simple.. Hopefully you Orgers can help me out.

Gotta find that Z / G exhuast sound
Old 08-17-2006, 12:13 PM

check out my greddy with y pipe only sound....
click on the putfile link on my sig...
Old 08-17-2006, 09:52 PM

^^ thanks .. are you going to be at any of the Max out meets anytime soon ?

Maybe I can check it out in person. In your own opinion does it even remotely sound close to the 350z sound ?
Old 08-18-2006, 04:55 AM

i have heard VQ's and it sounds nice. i thinks its close to the Z/G just my 2 cents but i would like to hear this agin to make sure
Old 08-18-2006, 05:26 AM

Its as close as its going to get...It sounds sweet, my buddy was in his car behind me as I took of from the light, he says it sounds awesome and like a g/z just a bit louder. :-)
Old 08-18-2006, 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by VQMAX05
Its as close as its going to get...It sounds sweet, my buddy was in his car behind me as I took of from the light, he says it sounds awesome and like a g/z just a bit louder. :-)

I assume Greddy has the resonator on them cat-back exhuast like most of their system... maybe I can add another resonator since you said its a bit louder..

But will you be in the Broward area anytime soon ?

Theres a guy selling this Greddy and Ypipe on the 6th gen F/S.. I dont want to jump into a deal before really hearing it in person.

I met ya at the Nissan meet down FIU south . but at the time i still own a 2001 which I still do. I just recently purchase the 06 and im curious how much louder it would be with the greddy.

The Greddy I install on the 01 started to bother me .. at certian speeds in in-cabin sound so rumble low and loud.. I have a family now so thats why im trying to advoid making a wrong purchase.

I would like to see if we could meet up ..lmk if you can dude I would really appricated
Old 08-21-2006, 01:47 PM

if it starts to bother you - just put in some sound deadening in the trunk/back seat/rear deck area
Old 08-21-2006, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by OmarBadu
if it starts to bother you - just put in some sound deadening in the trunk/back seat/rear deck area

the problem it doesnt bother me.. its the wife and family ...My single day life is over. So having a semi fast car without the loud exhuast I would have gotten the 350z but two seater.. I got a good deal on the Maxima thats what I got this instead of the Altima SE-R .. I test drove the Altima SE-R and I love the exhuast on that.. even the wife said its nice and torolorable..

Thus My never ending search for this setup , Not too loud just at 3-4k that nice growl and then its mostly silent.

Maxima God's help me!!! im getting impatient (trying to resist)
Old 08-21-2006, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by PRO - 1
I assume Greddy has the resonator on them cat-back exhuast like most of their system... maybe I can add another resonator since you said its a bit louder..

But will you be in the Broward area anytime soon ?

Theres a guy selling this Greddy and Ypipe on the 6th gen F/S.. I dont want to jump into a deal before really hearing it in person.

I met ya at the Nissan meet down FIU south . but at the time i still own a 2001 which I still do. I just recently purchase the 06 and im curious how much louder it would be with the greddy.

The Greddy I install on the 01 started to bother me .. at certian speeds in in-cabin sound so rumble low and loud.. I have a family now so thats why im trying to advoid making a wrong purchase.

I would like to see if we could meet up ..lmk if you can dude I would really appricated
you dont need any other resonator it has a nice low tone to it..at 65mph you barely hear it until you get on it... my Injen is louder that the exhaust
I go to the Maxima meets at Markham Park..i will meet up with you whenever you want no problem...
If you want wheels I am selling my 19" Nismo Wheels with tires...
let meet up
VQ
Old 08-25-2006, 05:43 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Hi Guys! I work for a company located in Miami and I fly down there on a regular basis from Montreal. Love Miami and I like to go to the CHINA Grill and to Lincoln rd mall....And the Mansion night club and hang out by south beach....I stay at the Mariott by the Sea up at 41st. Right on the beach...it's not too expensive. Our office is in the World trade center next to the Intercontintal hotel. (28th floor facing the bay) One day when my girl is grown up I will sell my place up here and move there...I like Coconut grove. My parents used to be snowbirds and had a condo up at Sunny Isles for 5 years till 2000. One of my best friends lives in Cape Coral just outside Fort Myers. I really like Sanibel and Captiva too. Been up to Tampa, Orlando to Sea World twice and Disney 4 times. Did the Kenedy Space Center too. Boca Raton and Bal Harbour. What a Nice state! In 99 I treated my wife to a 10th Aniversary cruise with RCC (Royal Caribean) and we did the western Caribean...it left out of Miami. At the end of July in 2001 I visited my friend in Cape Coral and we sailed out to Cabbage Key just north of Captiva and camped on the sailboat (a 28 foot Calibre) for 3 days. There is a restaurant on the island of Cabbage Key and we would take the dingy there and eat Mahi Mahi burgers for lunch! The restaurant is famous there as the walls are all plastered with dollar bills! Next time I'm in Miami I would love to rent a 350Z or a Max and invite you guys over to the Hotel and hang out at the Tiki bar for a drink and talk shop. What do you say?!
Old 08-25-2006, 05:54 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

rear ended exhaust

hey i was recently rear ended and my 2004 maxima needed the rear bumper fixed and the exhaust. However, now that i have it back i dont know if the auto people skimped on parts because i am not getting that same exhaust sound i use to have. Can anyone confirm what the right exhaust is with part numbers and are there any other ideas that will return the sound that i use to have with the stock exhaust. do i have to tune something? any help please

thanks
Old 08-27-2006, 07:28 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

anything??