6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Look like JICs are coming

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 06:56 AM
aka The Doom Ship

Look like JICs are coming

http://www.jic-magic.com/ViewProduct...50&CarMakeID=7

Model Type Part No. Front/Rear Technical Notes Product Images MSRP
Nissan
Maxima 04-06 A34 A34FLTA2VIP TBA $2,180
Old 10-16-2006, 07:37 AM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

Nice, but pricey...
Old 10-16-2006, 09:37 AM

eeeeee..... wow

i hope they make pancakes for that price....
Old 10-16-2006, 09:46 AM
I Donate! Why Don't You?

I'll be very honest - Price is prohibitive!
Old 10-16-2006, 10:07 AM

I'd put them on my racecar, but for the $$$ not my Max. I don't have the opportunity to drive the Max in a manner that would do that suspention justice.
Old 10-16-2006, 10:41 AM

Like others said, nice but too pricey.
Old 10-16-2006, 11:13 AM
.org extraordinaire

Originally Posted by Glude
Like others said, nice but too pricey.

Y just Y, when u can have something close to that for like $500 from activetuning and Cattman. When I set my suspension to stiff i can whip around any turn faster then the best of 350Zs.

Just my 0.02 worth.

Kamski
Old 10-16-2006, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by kamilkluczewski
suspension to stiff i can whip around any turn faster then the best of 350Zs.
Kamski
Doubtful, and the coilovers handle a LOT better than any spring and shock setup thats offered for the A34.
Old 10-16-2006, 02:36 PM
Conecarver

If anybody talks to JIC I'd still appreciate an answer why they upped the rear spring rate on the A32 4th gen model. It's now an 8kg/9kg vs the old 9kg/6kg found on the FLT-A2. (Actually they've removed the old FLT-A2 from their choices forcing the VIP going forward)
Old 10-16-2006, 05:52 PM
*moderator*

Doubtful, and the coilovers handle a LOT better than any spring and shock setup thats offered for the A34.

(does that make +3?) Anyways, I'm with Kam on this one, the coils make a huge difference...
Old 10-16-2006, 06:24 PM

You can either buy a new Max for @ $30,000 or buy 13 pairs of these coil overs. The price out of the Max's league, save those F'ers for a Ferrari.
Old 10-16-2006, 09:03 PM
aka The Doom Ship

Originally Posted by BEJAY1
If anybody talks to JIC I'd still appreciate an answer why they upped the rear spring rate on the A32 4th gen model. It's now an 8kg/9kg vs the old 9kg/6kg found on the FLT-A2. (Actually they've removed the old FLT-A2 from their choices forcing the VIP going forward)
Feel free to contact them. I was on the phone for about 20 minutes discussing the A34 coilovers. I'm sure they have an explanation.
Old 10-16-2006, 09:08 PM
aka The Doom Ship

Originally Posted by kamilkluczewski
Y just Y, when u can have something close to that for like $500 from activetuning and Cattman. When I set my suspension to stiff i can whip around any turn faster then the best of 350Zs.

Just my 0.02 worth.

Kamski
A 6th Gen Maxima out cornering a 350Z???? Ummmmmm, NO! Maybe with coilovers and plenty of negative camber. ;D
Old 10-16-2006, 09:17 PM
aka The Doom Ship

Guys, I know these coilovers are expensive but we have to back JIC for going through the R&D and producing a product for our "family cars". From what we discussed Tein Basics and KSports are crap compaired to these coilovers, as these were designed specifically for the 6th Gen Maxima.

I remember one thing he mentioned was that there will be no pillow-ball mount which causes some noises particularly in heavier 4dr cars like the Maxima.

Let's show the aftermarket that when they develop a good product we will support it. Stop being cheap.
Old 10-17-2006, 12:27 AM
1993 SE

Originally Posted by AllBlackMax
Guys, I know these coilovers are expensive but we have to back JIC for going through the R&D and producing a product for our "family cars". From what we discussed Tein Basics and KSports are crap compaired to these coilovers, as these were designed specifically for the 6th Gen Maxima.

I remember one thing he mentioned was that there will be no pillow-ball mount which causes some noises particularly in heavier 4dr cars like the Maxima.

Let's show the aftermarket that when they develop a good product we will support it. Stop being cheap.
Dont forget we have strong number on the org, and if there's 1 thing it's good at...it's Group Deals. We'd probably get them to knock off a couple hundred maybe.
Old 10-17-2006, 01:43 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

i have the tein basic coilovers and they are amazing , jic is top of the line when it comes to coilovers, but they are more suitable for the track thats what the sales guy at stillen told me
Old 10-17-2006, 04:59 AM

I'm always looking for a good sponsor for a free set
Old 10-17-2006, 06:52 AM

So where did you hear that Tein and Ksport are crap? I paid 450 for my ksports so il live with a squeak here and there and the extra $1600 wad in my pocket.
Old 10-17-2006, 08:02 AM
aka The Doom Ship

So where did you hear that Tein and Ksport are crap? I paid 450 for my ksports so il live with a squeak here and there and the extra $1600 wad in my pocket.
Didn't you buy them used? Also, from what I read the rears have to be extended to the max just so the rear sits properly. That definitely ain't right. Also, you honestly think KSport did extensive R&D for that product? Doesn't seem so.
Old 10-17-2006, 08:20 AM

Didn't you buy them used? Also, from what I read the rears have to be extended to the max just so the rear sits properly. That definitely ain't right. Also, you honestly think KSport did extensive R&D for that product? Doesn't seem so.
The rears just need the mounts which are now provided with the coilovers and u have to add some preload to get the rear up high. I dont doubt that JICs are better but I completely dissagree with Ksports being crap. The fact is this setup will out handle any spring/shock setup there is for the A34 and doesnt break the bank.
Old 10-17-2006, 09:36 AM
aka The Doom Ship

The rears just need the mounts which are now provided with the coilovers and u have to add some preload to get the rear up high. I dont doubt that JICs are better but I completely dissagree with Ksports being crap. The fact is this setup will out handle any spring/shock setup there is for the A34 and doesnt break the bank.
Ok, crap was a little harsh.
Old 10-17-2006, 09:52 AM

It's a fantastic product. If someone needs/wants it I'm sure they will pay the money for it. Calling people cheap because they don't feel they need it or want it is kind of

I know where you're coming from. It's nice to see support from a mfg like JIC. But a company like JIC knows their product isn't for everyone. I doubt they'd shocked (lol) if they read the feed back in this thread.
Old 10-17-2006, 10:32 AM
Old enuf to pick his own gears

Interesting. This is the first time I've ever seen people complain about a big company developing and releasing a great product for a small market.
Old 10-17-2006, 01:39 PM
Conecarver

Feel free to contact them. I was on the phone for about 20 minutes discussing the A34 coilovers. I'm sure they have an explanation.
Just spoke with JIC at length; very helpful. These VIP's do have slightly softer valving than the original FLT's did for better streetability. Stock valving can accomodate approx +3/-3kg springs without having to rebuild (so like 5kg to 11kgs on our app). No quick answer about the higher A32 rear spring stiffness as they couldn't find the original R&D stuff on the FLT's at the moment.
Old 10-17-2006, 01:54 PM
aka The Doom Ship

Originally Posted by d00df00d
Interesting. This is the first time I've ever seen people complain about a big company developing and releasing a great product for a small market.
That's exactly why no established company with develop a SC or turbo kit for our cars. $5000-$6000 for a kit and most will complain about the price.
Old 10-17-2006, 03:26 PM

Maybe they can use their R&D and know-how to come up with a better spring/strut/shock package to fill the needs of those that can't/don't have the scratch to "spring" for the coil-overs. I crack myself up. Just a thought.
Old 10-17-2006, 03:54 PM

That's exactly why no established company with develop a SC or turbo kit for our cars. $5000-$6000 for a kit and most will complain about the price.

5-6K will get you a custom turbo built just for your car, I've priced it!!!

3-4K will be about the price if a manufacture developed a set and sold to the masses.

Did you buy a set???

I can afford them but right now the stock market is doing so good I care more that my money is making money. My current driving needs now that the car season is slowing doesn't make them a priority.

Just because you introduce a great product, don't expect everyone to start writing checks. This is a forum, respect other members opinions vice calling them cheap...

The high price was mentioned but I'm pretty sure every member would love a set on their car...
Old 10-17-2006, 05:10 PM
aka The Doom Ship

Originally Posted by chernmax

3-4K will be about the price if a manufacture developed a set and sold to the masses.

Did you buy a set???

I can afford them but right now the stock market is doing so good I care more that my money is making money. My current driving needs now that the car season is slowing doesn't make them a priority.

Just because you introduce a great product, don't expect everyone to start writing checks. This is a forum, respect other members opinions vice calling them cheap...

The high price was mentioned but I'm pretty sure every member would love a set on their car...
They're not out yet.

Man, I see I offended some folks with the "cheap" comment.

Not intended.
Old 10-17-2006, 05:13 PM
aka The Doom Ship

That's funny, I don't know of any turbo kit(single or twin) for the 350Z that cost 3-4K. What's included in that price?
Old 10-17-2006, 05:18 PM
my rear view mirrors flap like a f-ing bird

That's funny, I don't know of any turbo kit(single or twin) for the 350Z that cost 3-4K. What's included in that price?
Chermax is right, 5-6k will get a turbo for this car for sure, I've even researched it, but this isn't a turbo thread..
Old 10-17-2006, 05:28 PM
Old enuf to pick his own gears

Originally Posted by BadBlackMaxSL
Maybe they can use their R&D and know-how to come up with a better spring/strut/shock package to fill the needs of those that can't/don't have the scratch to "spring" for the coil-overs. I crack myself up. Just a thought.
Why? You already have a decent selection of spring/strut combos and budget coilovers available to you. What you've been missing is a truly high-end suspension setup -- one that can accommodate big drops, transform the handling of the car, and still give decent ride quality. Now, JIC has delivered. They shouldn't have, because practically no one will actually buy the product, but they did anyway.

Besides, unlike fully adjustable coilovers, spring/strut combos give no ride height adjustability and a very limited range of handling and ride quality adjustments. With so little latitude, how the heck do you expect them to be able to figure out a setup that will be good enough to be distinct from all the others without making it cost a fortune?
Old 10-17-2006, 05:36 PM
my rear view mirrors flap like a f-ing bird

tell you the truth, I would get them. I feel I have my rear coils on my k-sports extended to the max to fit my 22's, is not bad or anything, but I am looking for something that can do the job without pushing it to the limit.

once money is available I would try them em out..
Old 10-17-2006, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by Tek-Niq
tell you the truth, I would get them. I feel I have my rear coils on my k-sports extended to the max to fit my 22's, is not bad or anything, but I am looking for something that can do the job without pushing it to the limit.

once money is available I would try them em out..
Agree, on my list also, just not now...
Old 10-17-2006, 06:19 PM

OK, in the 4K range, you just have to search...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Gredd...em200035622677
Old 10-17-2006, 06:42 PM
aka The Doom Ship

OK, in the 4K range, you just have to search...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Gredd...em200035622677
Point taken but I wouldn't trust that kit. No pun intended. Most retailers are selling turbo kits for 5 grand and up.
Old 10-18-2006, 06:55 AM

Point taken but I wouldn't trust that kit. No pun intended. Most retailers are selling turbo kits for 5 grand and up.
We cool...
Old 10-30-2006, 03:22 PM

Ok for those that are not about price , but are about quality which would you choose? The Tein ss-p with edfc or JIC with manual ajustablity.

OR ???
Old 10-30-2006, 03:48 PM

I have JICs on my 02, and i love them. car rides rough, so it seems like they made these to ride better and still offer great handleing. i agreee on the price, its kinda pricey, but hey you want to play you gotta pay. I got mine used and DIRT CHEAP $300 and swapped my tein/gr2s with a local me FTW!
Old 10-30-2006, 03:53 PM
Project Ruby......

JICs maybe ridiculously expensive, but if your into handling, and are thinking about autoXing, go with the good stuff.

I have JICs on my 4th gen, and coming from Illumina struts on Sprint Springs to JICs it is a Day and Night difference. 1. No body roll. 2. Ride is very good considering the drop. 3. Nothing touches these things.

One of my good friends who has a LS1 Trans Am constantly talks about how well my car handles, but how well it rides at the same time. I can throw it into a corner, and as long as the tires are getting traction the car is gonna head the direction I pointed it. It is awesome how well quickly the suspension reacts to switchback curves, etc. No way could I have ever done that with a Spring/Strut setup.

In my backyard I have RT. 129 The Dragon. 11 Miles, 318 curves. I can hang with Trans Ams in corners, and I can gurantee hanging with Zs as well.

$2100 is a lot of money to be dropping on a car, especially a Maxima. But these are top of the line, top notch quality coilovers, if you are one of the ones that doesn't whine about the price and decides to purchase a set, you will not be disappointed.
Old 10-30-2006, 05:34 PM
aka The Doom Ship

Yeah and the 6th Gen Max, the biggest of them all needs a good quality coilover to handle the turns. With my Eibach springs, Stillen RSB, and Racing Endlinks, my car handles pretty well when agressively switching lanes or going fast through light short corners. But through a long, sweeping corner it's a little hairy, the body lean is still not acceptable. I've been in several "runs" with other cars that take those turns at 100, 110 mph, that's when I back off :LOL

Quick Reply: Look like JICs are coming