6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

ez-pass question on 6th gen

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2006, 11:38 PM

ez-pass question on 6th gen

well i don't ever remember coming across this thread before buh maybe i'm just plain stupid for asking...buh does anybody know the correct way to put on the ez-pass thing on the windsheild?

i ask because they say to put to the right of the rear view mirror center...and an inch under the tint...now you know that that cent tint extends pretty far down...can i put it there?

again i say before hand i am sorry if this is a stupid question...
Old 12-10-2006, 03:51 AM

Yes it will work fine there ..
Old 12-10-2006, 06:18 AM

mines right under the dot matrix, in the center
Old 12-10-2006, 07:38 AM

mine is also right in the middle so its somewhat hidden cuz its behind the rear view, should work fine
Old 12-10-2006, 07:41 AM
Banned

I put my ez pass on the front license plate, looks alot better than that ugly white thing on the windshield.
Old 12-10-2006, 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by STARR
mines right under the dot matrix, in the center
Same here. I can't even see if from the driver seat.
Old 12-10-2006, 09:42 AM
* THIS SPACE FOR RENT *

I have to hold mine out of the window because my windshield is tinted and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt(p.s. now mine is called a sun pass cause i live in florida but i did have an ez pass for NY and NJ)
Old 12-10-2006, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by 04BlackMaxx
I put my ez pass on the front license plate, looks alot better than that ugly white thing on the windshield.
jus curious any pics of this?
Old 12-10-2006, 12:56 PM

ooo ok...i guess i'll just do that then...in the middle under the sensor things...alright thanks a lot guys.

and if you put it in front aren't you worried about people backing up into you and breaking it? i would be very concerned about that.
Old 12-10-2006, 03:14 PM
Banned

Yeha you can see it in my sig, its above the front plate, its a black rectangular thing that the bolts for the plate go through,.
Old 12-10-2006, 03:24 PM

ohh, looks cool i just have mine on my windshield behind the mirror, never had a problem.
Old 12-10-2006, 06:29 PM

I dont like the plate one cuz I park in some hood areas sometimes and they could take it right off. Prolly wont know what to do with it but I still get hit with the 10-15 dollar charge for another one.
Old 12-10-2006, 07:45 PM

damn man what i really want is the damn orange ones that law enforement have...lolxz
Old 12-11-2006, 12:05 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

what the hell is an ez pass?
Old 12-11-2006, 05:47 AM

Deus,

You're such a Californian! Get out more

EZ Pass, and SunPass are prepaid toll transponders. They allow you to zoom through toll plazas on turnpikes rather than sit in traffic and wait to pay with cash. The transponder deducts the amount from your credit card.

Swee
Old 12-11-2006, 06:50 AM

Sounds like its their equivalent of FasTrak in CA
Old 12-11-2006, 06:52 AM

I have mine in the tint... just to the right of the mirror.
it works perfectly through the dots & the tint
Old 12-11-2006, 10:44 AM

I have both my EZ Pass as well as a small RFID transmitter for my work garage gate mounted on the black dot matrix part (work transmitter on left, EZ Pass on right) behind my mirror. I can't see either of them and they've all worked everytime,.
Old 12-12-2006, 11:00 AM
I Donate! Why Don't You?

Originally Posted by I VIK I
I dont like the plate one cuz I park in some hood areas sometimes and they could take it right off. Prolly wont know what to do with it but I still get hit with the 10-15 dollar charge for another one.

Yep, the ones that install on the plate are known to go missing in NYC. I can't stand this thing on the windshield, so I keep in in my compartment between the seats and pull it out by the windwhield when passing. Always works 100%.
Old 12-15-2006, 06:35 PM

I also put it in the compartment when im not using it. when i need it i take it out and put it on the dash. nerver had a problem.
Old 12-15-2006, 06:40 PM

heres mine with the EZ pass on the front plate holder..

Old 12-16-2006, 10:36 AM

i say go ebay and get one of the ez pass holders cost me 10 bucks and is good because it uses suction cups that way if it don't read in one place u can put it to another. also it doesn't leave the velcro on the winsheild.. my 0.02 cents..

MaxJ04
Old 12-21-2006, 02:28 PM
TC*

Originally Posted by MAXDOUT04
I have to hold mine out of the window because my windshield is tinted and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt(p.s. now mine is called a sun pass cause i live in florida but i did have an ez pass for NY and NJ)
Did you have your windshield tinted in NY and have a problem with the e-z pass in ny/nj? I want to get my windshield tinted but i dont want any problems with the e-z pass.
Old 12-21-2006, 02:47 PM

I have my I-Pass (that's what it's called in Illinois) located just to the left of the mirror right on the dot matrix. It's hidden pretty much behind the mirror so you can't really see it from the inside of the car. In fact, a friend of mine was looking for my I-Pass when we were going through a toll and he had to lean forward up to the windshield to see it. And you can't see it at all from the outside since our tint is so dark at the top. Works perfectly from there.
Old 12-21-2006, 06:26 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I like the idea of having it on the front bumper but i'd be afraid someone would try and steal it.
Old 12-22-2006, 03:02 PM
I Donate! Why Don't You?

Originally Posted by krazeejb
I like the idea of having it on the front bumper but i'd be afraid someone would try and steal it.
Dude someone will, and then.....GOODLUCK fighting those charges. Friend of mine has been through this hell already.
Old 12-22-2006, 04:05 PM

well i've heard now in NY that each ez-pass is encoded with the car's licences plate and everything now...so if someone stole your ez-pass and uses it you won't get charged cause you can just say that it wasn't on your car....lolxz

unless they stole your car...which is a ***** in itself.
Old 12-22-2006, 05:16 PM

MTA (Mass Turnpike Authority) said they also have cameras. I would wonder how long the tapes would run before looping over themselves. So if it recorded the stolen transponder, would they really be able to show the video or would it have looped over?

Swee
Old 12-22-2006, 06:59 PM
I Donate! Why Don't You?

Originally Posted by MisterSparkle
well i've heard now in NY that each ez-pass is encoded with the car's licences plate and everything now...so if someone stole your ez-pass and uses it you won't get charged cause you can just say that it wasn't on your car....lolxz

With all the bureaucracy at any city agency it will take more than just phone call to get it straightened out. Most cameras mounted at the toll plazas are used to register vehicles passing through so that it can be used to fight terrorism. Nobody will look through it to find if your ez pass was used on your vehicle or not.
Old 12-22-2006, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by MisterSparkle

EZ pass did some kind of transition in the past couple of years where you have to keep the license plate number paired with the EZ pass you use, you just can't switch your EZ pass from car to car, you will get a letter with a 25 dollar fine for using an EZ Pass lane and not paying the toll, weird but that's how it works, even if you had an EZ Pass.

If I go with my girlfriend and use my EZ Pass I have to add her car and license plate to my EZ Pass account otherwise it will not get recognized
Old 12-23-2006, 02:47 PM

EZ pass did some kind of transition in the past couple of years where you have to keep the license plate number paired with the EZ pass you use, you just can't switch your EZ pass from car to car, you will get a letter with a 25 dollar fine for using an EZ Pass lane and not paying the toll, weird but that's how it works, even if you had an EZ Pass.

If I go with my girlfriend and use my EZ Pass I have to add her car and license plate to my EZ Pass account otherwise it will not get recognized
I use my EZ pass in every rental I get from my DC to Boston trips. I never got a letter. Hope they don't start enforcing that.
Old 12-23-2006, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by maxhead
I use my EZ pass in every rental I get from my DC to Boston trips. I never got a letter. Hope they don't start enforcing that.
I use EZ pass when I rent cars I just never bring my tag, no letter yet
Old 12-25-2006, 06:54 AM
I Donate! Why Don't You?

BULL, I used all kinds of EZ passes from my company recently. Whoever wasn't using theirs, I would just take it. Now I got my own and I give it to my bro whenever there is need or if we take his max over the bridge.
Old 12-25-2006, 05:04 PM
TC*

It doesnt matter what car you use your e-z pass in. The only time its a problem is when you go thru the toll and for some reason it doesnt read the e-z pass and they take a picture of your plate. Then e-z pass runs the plate and if they dont have it on file, you get the letter with the fine. They dont run your name to see if you have e-z pass. It happened to me, just went down there added the new plate and they waived the fine. hope this helps.
Old 12-25-2006, 06:00 PM

thats what it has to be but I always keep the ez pass updated with my current plate numbers on the ez pass website.

I do know that I drove through several tolls with the ez pass in the glove box and it said could not read, never got a letter or fine
Old 03-02-2007, 11:59 AM

can i put ez pass in my dashboard

hey guys
6th gen owner and am wanting to put e-z pass in my car
i was figuring i would leave it at the bottom console by the gear shifter and when i'm about to pass a toll, i'd take it out so it can scan

anyone else do something liek this?

Old 03-02-2007, 12:39 PM

As mentioned before, we have FasTrak in the Bay Area...same difference though. Ours is just for bridge tolls though, as we pay through the nose in taxes for improperly maintained highways...I don't want to get myself started on that subject.

I center mine right below the rear-view mirror. I can't see it at all when driving, and it doesn't really bother me when viewing it from the outside.
Old 03-02-2007, 01:24 PM

It reads through the tint behind the mirror right side just fine...
I lined up the bottom of the ezpass with the mirror mount on the glass.

I use it every day for work.. has not failed me yet...

From the drivers seat you don't even see it...
Old 03-02-2007, 02:01 PM
M&M

When I bought my max I took the EZpass from my old car and put into the maxima. Now it won't scan at all. I havent used it in probably 2 months before though. Not sure if that would matter.
Old 03-02-2007, 07:30 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by M&M
When I bought my max I took the EZpass from my old car and put into the maxima. Now it won't scan at all. I havent used it in probably 2 months before though. Not sure if that would matter.
EZ pass photographs your car and license plate, you should let them know u have a new car.

Quick Reply: ez-pass question on 6th gen