6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

As Per Your Request......

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 12:30 PM

As Per Your Request......

Because of your guys requests......
I removed the ugly the dealer sticker from the back of my Maxima... It looks much better....

It took me 2 hours to remove the paint from the dealer sticker and the 3.5 SL badge.

Before:

After:
Old 01-08-2007, 01:46 PM
mixshows

yeaaaaaaa! finally! looks 10x better

so howd u do it!? u were sayin before that it was actually painted on...

Old 01-08-2007, 01:58 PM

no use giving the stealership free advertisment.
Old 01-08-2007, 02:47 PM

That looks much cleaner!
Old 01-08-2007, 05:30 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

That does look good, except for the "3.5 GT"... sorry.

How did you remove such thin decals (or were they actually paint?)? I still have my dealer's decal on, and had thought of removing it but have not yet. Still think it's doable after 3.5 years?
Old 01-08-2007, 06:05 PM

Very nice 2leet4u!

Looks clean. I assume you like it better without all that free advertising?

If it's stickers, you can peel off and use 'goo gone' to clean up finish.

If it's paint......

I'll let someone else chime in.
Again, she looks sweet Elite!
Old 01-08-2007, 08:24 PM

not to bank on the parade buh i have to ask sorry...what is the GT supposed to stand for?
Old 01-08-2007, 09:33 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by MisterSparkle
not to bank on the parade buh i have to ask sorry...what is the GT supposed to stand for?
Yeah, I'd also like to know. What I first read it I thought of a Mustang... why would you want people to think of a Mustang when they looked at your car?
Old 01-08-2007, 10:52 PM

LOL..... so far the GT seems to be the "old ball" in the maxima bunch...

The main reason i did is because of status and to seperate my self from the group....

Instead of seeing a maxima 3.5 SL flying down the road, people will see a elite VQ with a 3.5 GT attached to the back.

It may not be much now, but as soon as im done modding this car, this year! You will notice its more than just a maxima....

With progress springs, magna flow exhausts, stillen body kit and g35 spolier, it wont look like a maxima anymore. Especially when i add ghost flames to the front of the car.... lol

I just want to be different, thats all...

oh and mustangs arent the only ones who carry GT. Some import cars carry the GT symbol.... Even Nissan.... The Skyline and 350 Z GT is a perfect example.
Old 01-08-2007, 11:00 PM

as for the painted dealership logo. I used my heat gun to melt the paint. Because of the factory clear coat on my car, the dealer logo would melt right off and not harm my paint. As soon as i saw the paint become liquidy, i took some goof off + water and wiped it off. I had to use Maguires 3 step wax job in order to buff out the residue and dull finish. After the wax job, it was shinny new again.... YAH!!!
Old 01-09-2007, 09:58 AM
I Donate! Why Don't You?

Originally Posted by 2LEET4U
LOL..... so far the GT seems to be the "old ball" in the maxima bunch...

The main reason i did is because of status and to seperate my self from the group....

Instead of seeing a maxima 3.5 SL flying down the road, people will see a elite VQ with a 3.5 GT attached to the back.

It may not be much now, but as soon as im done modding this car, this year! You will notice its more than just a maxima....

With progress springs, magna flow exhausts, stillen body kit and g35 spolier, it wont look like a maxima anymore. Especially when i add ghost flames to the front of the car.... lol

I just want to be different, thats all...

oh and mustangs arent the only ones who carry GT. Some import cars carry the GT symbol.... Even Nissan.... The Skyline and 350 Z GT is a perfect example.
I have to agree with you. If you like it, do it, its your car and you will enjoy it. If we all listened to what somebody had no say there would be no mods out there. Some people think chrome wheels are ghetto, exhaust sound too rice'y, decals don't look good, etc, etc.

Deus's car looks good because it is his car, his and only his. If everyone did all the same mods we would be back at square one and trust me as much as I love the way Deus's car looks (one of my favorites here) I wouldn't want somebody at the meet to tell me that it looks just like it. It wouldn't be mine....if you know what I mean. I don't want to be OWNED!
Old 01-09-2007, 10:20 AM

The GT on cars normally stands for grand touring edition, and is reserved for sport coupes mainly.....not taking anything away from your max though..... you do you!
Old 01-09-2007, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by NVRSATISFYD
The GT on cars normally stands for grand touring edition, and is reserved for sport coupes mainly.....not taking anything away from your max though..... you do you!
Actually the skylines use that GT "350 GT" to be exact. It's still a Nissan so do you man. If you check G35 boards alot of guys use the GT
Old 01-10-2007, 08:24 AM

Holy HUGE dealer sticker, batman! I've never seen one that big! I would have made the dealership remove that crap before driving it off the lot.
Old 01-10-2007, 09:10 AM

Well I didn't notice the dealer logo as much as I did the elite VQ and 3.5 GT. I guess I just prefer a less busy trunck lid I think you should remove the elite VQ since it's already on your plate. The Skyline and 350GT badges are reserved for us G35 folk