6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Pics - New Brakes Installed

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2007, 01:27 PM

Pics - New Brakes Installed

i got the slotted rotors/axxis pads and ss lines from the GB on maxima.org

I love the brakes. There's a significant improvement over the stocks.

Old 02-09-2007, 01:41 PM
I Donate! Why Don't You?

DeJaVu ...
Old 02-09-2007, 05:18 PM

Those wheels are dirty lol but the rotors look awesome good job
Old 02-09-2007, 06:07 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

It looks like you had a couple run in's with the curb, but I like the brakes. Saving up myself to do a whole setup.
Old 02-09-2007, 09:19 PM

I just bought the whole setup from the group buy but mines are xdrill and slotted. they look nice.
I just had a question for everyone I saw these, http://cgi.ebay.com/BREMBO-Brake-Cal...QQcmdZViewItem on ebay and I wanted to know after I got my brake setup if these would fit my caliper and clear my wheel. not that i wanna be a fake I just think this would look better then me painting my calipers and would give a cleaner look. and if these dont fit can someone show me ones that fit. thanks
Old 02-10-2007, 05:07 AM
KC's FINEST

Originally Posted by I VIK I
I just bought the whole setup from the group buy but mines are xdrill and slotted. they look nice.
I just had a question for everyone I saw these, http://cgi.ebay.com/BREMBO-Brake-Cal...QQcmdZViewItem on ebay and I wanted to know after I got my brake setup if these would fit my caliper and clear my wheel. not that i wanna be a fake I just think this would look better then me painting my calipers and would give a cleaner look. and if these dont fit can someone show me ones that fit. thanks

Are you serious??? Do you know what those would cost if they were real and not being shipped from mylasia. Just remember, you get what you pay for!
Old 02-10-2007, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by KCmaxx
Are you serious??? Do you know what those would cost if they were real and not being shipped from mylasia. Just remember, you get what you pay for!
I meant something of that type just to give you an idea? why is it that everyone just flames more instead of helping?
Old 02-10-2007, 10:32 AM
I Donate! Why Don't You?

I meant something of that type just to give you an idea? why is it that everyone just flames more instead of helping?
Don't know dude. Your questions is simple would they fit or not? I don't have them so can't answer myself but at the same time I haven't seen anybody who has these installed.

I have a similar dillema. Want to buy Wilwood calipers and don't know if they would clear my new rims. Don't want to freeze the money just to find out that they dont. Nobody on the forum has them so I can't get anyone to confirm. I guess I'll be ordering them soon and maybe work some sort of a deal with the seller.
Old 02-10-2007, 11:19 AM
.org extraordinaire

If your serious about braking then go to www.fastbrakes.com and talk to Brian. He'll set you up right.

Kam
Old 02-10-2007, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by xoomer.com
Don't know dude. Your questions is simple would they fit or not? I don't have them so can't answer myself but at the same time I haven't seen anybody who has these installed.

I have a similar dillema. Want to buy Wilwood calipers and don't know if they would clear my new rims. Don't want to freeze the money just to find out that they dont. Nobody on the forum has them so I can't get anyone to confirm. I guess I'll be ordering them soon and maybe work some sort of a deal with the seller.
yea just talk to people from the group buy section I'm sure someone has them?
Old 02-10-2007, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by kamilkluczewski
If your serious about braking then go to www.fastbrakes.com and talk to Brian. He'll set you up right.

Kam
hey kam wasnt there a problem with those brakes suttin bout rubbing or a washer or something... refresh my memory if you can
Old 02-10-2007, 04:34 PM
*moderator*

Originally Posted by xoomer.com

I thought your brother has them on his 05???
http://forums.maxima.org/showpost.ph...45&postcount=1

And Kam has them...
Old 02-10-2007, 04:39 PM

spacers***, will these fit on 20" rims or not likely?
Old 02-10-2007, 07:13 PM
I Donate! Why Don't You?

Originally Posted by jsmithsole
I thought your brother has them on his 05???
http://forums.maxima.org/showpost.ph...45&postcount=1

And Kam has them...

Correct, and both Kam and Dominik have the 19" nismo rims and these clear a caliper and a half.

I bought HP Racing rims (I am a big fan of big lips) and they would not clear his calipers (6-POT) even with 10mm spacers.

Guy over here in NY has the AP racing BBK and has the same rims I do and he put 15 mm spacers to clear it. I understand that Kam's 4 piston calipers are smaller then 6POT and just want to get these over OEM size rotors. ($590 per kit with SS lines). I already got 10mm spacers installed and will order the brakes soon, I just don't want to get stock with something that will not fit. thats all.
Old 02-10-2007, 08:17 PM
*moderator*

Cool, sounds like your well on your way!! I just got confused when you said "Nobody on the forum has them so I can't get anyone to confirm"
Old 02-10-2007, 08:38 PM
I Donate! Why Don't You?

Originally Posted by jsmithsole
Cool, sounds like your well on your way!! I just got confused when you said "Nobody on the forum has them so I can't get anyone to confirm"

hehe, I guess I gotta be more specific with the posts.

What I meant is that I don't think anybody has purchased the kit that goes over OEM sized calipers rather than a whole BBK kit. Big difference in price and I understand why. For $590 you get 2 4-pistons wilwood calipers, pads, brackets and SS lines. Its either that or the 300Z conversion which comes out to be pretty close in price.

My bro is droolin' over the new G coupe and can't wait for it to come out. Then my pops will proly buy his car if not, we all know who is gonna get the goodies in the de-moding process