6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Finally got my stuff back....

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by !PrjctMax!
Owned because he made a yo' mama joke? Right.
Old 02-26-2007, 04:51 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Your car looks great. I like the fogs that fill in the opening, good choice.

May I suggest some headlight overlays. BlueBatmobile style to hide the orange reflectors in the headlight assemblies.

CM
Old 02-26-2007, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by UNFADEABLE MAX
Well it just pisses me of that its always the same guy talking sh_t about everybodys car. This fool always comes into everybody thread and talks smack but never posts pix of his ride. If it was anybody else I wouldnt mind, everybody is entitled to their own opinion but this guy can never give anybody props. Hater...
Excuse me?

"always comes into everybody thread"
First off, I hardly come to this board because of the mentality of most of the people here. Second, I have positively commented on people's wheels...but they weren't 24" wheels, so you probably didn't hang around in the thread long enough to notice.

"never posts pix of his ride"
I sure as hell did. The minute I was able to post pics on the forum. They were immediately moved out of this forum and into members rides, but whatever. They were, and still are, posted.

"this guy can never give anybody props. Hater..."
I am hardly a hater. I give "props" when they are due. Everybody is entitled to their opinion, last time I checked. Just because I'm not swinging off your nuts like everyone else in this thread, I get singled out. Is it a requirement that everybody like your car? Do you feel inadequate when somebody doesn't? I think you do, hence the childish reply to my original post.

Way to go! You spent a whole lot of money to make your Maxima look dumb.
Old 02-26-2007, 05:41 PM

car looks great, but dont dig the rims at all..the lexus fogs are hot..
Old 02-26-2007, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by tehaviator
Excuse me?

First off, I hardly come to this board because of the mentality of most of the people here. Second, I have positively commented on people's wheels...but they weren't 24" wheels, so you probably didn't hang around in the thread long enough to notice.

I sure as hell did. The minute I was able to post pics on the forum. They were immediately moved out of this forum and into members rides, but whatever. They were, and still are, posted.

I am hardly a hater. I give "props" when they are due. Everybody is entitled to their opinion, last time I checked. Just because I'm not swinging off your nuts like everyone else in this thread, I get singled out. Is it a requirement that everybody like your car? Do you feel inadequate when somebody doesn't? I think you do, hence the childish reply to my original post.

Ok, so what flavor/scent douche are you???

We already get the point that you're not into the "Bling" look so why even post in this thread? It isn't like you didn't know what kind of look he was going for before you even looked in this thread, if you've already seen the pictures of his car before. So I get the feeling that you're just doing it for the attention. Not everybody is into the stock, tuner or whatever style you have, hell nobody knows what you like all we know is what you don't like. So if you don't have nothing nice to say, STFU...Everyone else I'm sorry I just couldn't take it anymore.

Oh and UNFADEABLE It would look better in my opinion if you just went with a painted OEM Grille or a Sarona grille.
Old 02-26-2007, 05:45 PM

4DR350Z, really nice, looked at the pics many times and just realized that
Old 02-26-2007, 06:00 PM

Excuse me?

Ha, Its funny how you say you hardly come into this board because of peoples mentality (How ironic) but you came right back the next day to see if I replied to you. Sorry bro but everytime I see one of your posts its always/mostly negative. If you would have said "Not really feeling the bumper" or "Bad choice on the bumper" I would have not said anything back and respected your OPINION. You came in and just said "That bumper is hideous" without saying anything else. I can take criticism all day long, some other board members expressed how they werent feeling the bumper, others the wheels either but they did it in a respectful manner unlike you. The last time I checked this board was called Maxima.org not JDMMaxima.org or StockMaxima.org so just because it's not your taste it doesnt mean I cant post up pics of my "Dumb" Maxima on "24's" As for "everyone hanging on my nuts" thats funny because as I stated before some other people werent feeling it but you were the only one that was rude about it.

And I'm the childish one right?

Anyway I'm done you can say whatever you want, you don't like my car.....So what. Peace

-Kenny
Old 02-26-2007, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by sdotjoe

We already get the point that you're not into the "Bling" look so why even post in this thread? It isn't like you didn't know what kind of look he was going for before you even looked in this thread, if you've already seen the pictures of his car before. So I get the feeling that you're just doing it for the attention. Not everybody is into the stock, tuner or whatever style you have, hell nobody knows what you like all we know is what you don't like. So if you don't have nothing nice to say, STFU...Everyone else I'm sorry I just couldn't take it anymore.

Oh and UNFADEABLE It would look better in my opinion if you just went with a painted OEM Grille or a Sarona grille.
THHHHHAAAANNNKKK YYYOOOUUUU!!!!

Finally somebody else sees what Im talking about. He always goes into the threads where there is cars with big rims and talks Sh_t about them. Ok dude we get it, you dont like the big wheel or bling or whatever you feel like calling it look but dont keep coming into these threads and being a little Bit*h about it. See how sdotjoe was cool about his comments about not feeling the grill...thats how its suppose to be and I can respect that.

sdotjoe- Thanks for the constructive critisism, I really want a redline grill but I cant find one. As soon as I can find something else I will be getting rid of the one I have know because I dont really like it either.

-Kenny
Old 02-26-2007, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by STARR
4DR350Z, really nice, looked at the pics many times and just realized that
Haha, yeah I'm surprised nobody else noticed that.
Old 02-26-2007, 06:22 PM

THHHHHAAAANNNKKK YYYOOOUUUU!!!!

Finally somebody else sees what Im talking about. He always goes into the threads where there is cars with big rims and talks Sh_t about them. Ok dude we get it, you dont like the big wheel or bling or whatever you feel like calling it look but dont keep coming into these threads and being a little Bit*h about it. See how sdotjoe was cool about his comments about not feeling the grill...thats how its suppose to be and I can respect that.

sdotjoe- Thanks for the constructive critisism, I really want a redline grill but I cant find one. As soon as I can find something else I will be getting rid of the one I have know because I dont really like it either.

-Kenny
why not get the Active tuning grille, it looks just like it if u ask me.
Old 02-26-2007, 06:24 PM

why not get the Active tuning grille, it looks just like it if u ask me.
Where can I find that? Pix?
Old 02-26-2007, 06:26 PM

http://www.activetuning.com/products...MX-04S4.1GRIL/
Old 02-26-2007, 06:29 PM

Wow that does look just like it, thanks alot!
Old 02-26-2007, 07:19 PM

how deep is that lip?

and keep the damn thread on topic people. if anything take it via PM's.
Old 02-26-2007, 07:27 PM

I've never seen a pic of this guy's car before I clicked on this thread for the first time. Your point is completely baseless. Have a great day.
Old 02-26-2007, 07:36 PM

Ha, Its funny how you say you hardly come into this board because of peoples mentality (How ironic) but you came right back the next day to see if I replied to you. Sorry bro but everytime I see one of your posts its always/mostly negative. If you would have said "Not really feeling the bumper" or "Bad choice on the bumper" I would have not said anything back and respected your OPINION. You came in and just said "That bumper is hideous" without saying anything else. I can take criticism all day long, some other board members expressed how they werent feeling the bumper, others the wheels either but they did it in a respectful manner unlike you. The last time I checked this board was called Maxima.org not JDMMaxima.org or StockMaxima.org so just because it's not your taste it doesnt mean I cant post up pics of my "Dumb" Maxima on "24's" As for "everyone hanging on my nuts" thats funny because as I stated before some other people werent feeling it but you were the only one that was rude about it.

And I'm the childish one right?

Anyway I'm done you can say whatever you want, you don't like my car.....So what. Peace

-Kenny
I came back to the board for another reason than to see if you replied, I had business on another subforum. Actually, when I came here and saw that there were replies to your thread, I just wanted to see what others were saying. I could give a flying **** about what you have to say back to me. But, apparently, I've hurt your feelings. GET OVER YOURSELF. All you people do is cry and whine about how much of a hater I am when I decide to speak my mind. Boo****inghoo. Why don't you go cry to your mommy instead of throwing a fit here?

By the way, the bumper is quite hideous. Everyone else is thinking it, I'm the only one who came right out and said it....again, co cry to mommy if you don't like it. Grow the hell up.

And yes, you are the childish one...in fact (since you're trying to play the "bigger man" angle)...YOU should have been the one to let it roll off your back, instead, you replied with a comment about my mother. Nice.
Old 02-26-2007, 07:50 PM
*moderator*

By the way, the bumper is quite hideous. Everyone else is thinking it, I'm the only one who came right out and said it....again, co cry to mommy if you don't like it. Grow the hell up.
Just have to comment here, as far as "Everyone else is thinking it" I will have to disagree with you. I've had that bumper on my car for over a year and a half. Maybe once or twice (in person or on a board) people have commented that they didn't like the bumper. To say what you said simply just isn't true. Sorry, not going to win that one, nice try though.
And of course you are entitled to your opinion, it's just how you came off. No explanation, just plain rude...
Old 02-26-2007, 07:50 PM
I Donate! Why Don't You?

Come on guys, lets keep it friendly here. There is a lot of tension on the forum lately and more and more people blow up.

Lets just learn to "ignore" negative comments and if somebody says something negative and stops there, just ask to explain why he/she feels that way to see the reasoning behind their post.

Just my penny and a half.

It's all good. Just my penny and a half.
Old 02-26-2007, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by jsmithsole
Just have to comment here, as far as "Everyone else is thinking it" I will have to disagree with you. I've had that bumper on my car for over a year and a half. Maybe once or twice (in person or on a board) people have commented that they didn't like the bumper. To say what you said simply just isn't true. Sorry, not going to win that one, nice try though.
And of course you are entitled to your opinion, it's just how you came off. No explanation, just plain rude...
I guess I should have been a bit clearer. I don't doubt that the people who said they like it actually like it. What I meant is...when people said "not my style" or "not feelin' the bumper" are thinking "man, that bumper is ugly"

That's all I meant. Some people do like it, and that's great.

Okay, so let me try my first post again:

The front bumper is hideous. The fog lights really flatten out in the front and the whole thing doesn't match the overall lines of the car. It looks quite out of place on the Maxima.

Better?
Old 02-26-2007, 08:00 PM
I Donate! Why Don't You?

Well done. Now shake your hands and lets keep em good (whether positive or negative) posts coming.
Old 02-26-2007, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by xoomer.com
Come on guys, lets keep it friendly here. There is a lot of tension on the forum lately and more and more people blow up.

Lets just learn to "ignore" negative comments and if somebody says something negative and stops there, just ask to explain why he/she feels that way to see the reasoning behind their post.

Just my penny and a half.

It's all good. Just my penny and a half.
I genuinely like the way you think. Contrary to everyone's ideas, I'm not here to stir **** up. I think the bumper looks terrible, period. I don't expect to solicit comments from the owner, but it generally ends up happening. They say that it doesn't bother them, yet they end up crying about how "mean" and "rude" I am....or make comments about my mother

This place amuses me.
Old 02-26-2007, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by tehator
I guess I should have been a bit clearer. I don't doubt that the people who said they like it actually like it. What I meant is...when people said "not my style" or "not feelin' the bumper" are thinking "man, that bumper is ugly"

That's all I meant. Some people do like it, and that's great.

Okay, so let me try my first post again:

The front bumper is hideous. The fog lights really flatten out in the front and the whole thing doesn't match the overall lines of the car. It looks quite out of place on the Maxima.

Better?
Hey if you would have said it that way I would have respected you a little more but whats done is done, whatevers.

Jsmith- Thanks for having my back.
Old 02-26-2007, 08:07 PM
*moderator*

Much better, that comes off much more like constructive criticism rather than just being mean! We're all on the same team.
Old 02-26-2007, 08:07 PM

Hey if you would have said it that way I would have respected you a little more but whats done is done, whatevers.

Jsmith- Thanks for having my back.
Your mother
Old 02-26-2007, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by AscendantMax
how deep is that lip?

and keep the damn thread on topic people. if anything take it via PM's.
I think its like 3-3.5" lip.
Old 02-26-2007, 08:20 PM

what kind of rims are those? im lovin the dish!
Old 02-26-2007, 08:24 PM
我爱台湾

That is by far one of the cleanest 6th Gens I have seen other than JSmiths in person. And since I haven't seen any other company step up and make a front lip bumper ( I know the origins of the front lip both JSmith and Unfadeable has ) I think it flows well with the 6th Gens. Great way of making the 6th Gens stick out guys, keep up the good work.
Old 02-26-2007, 08:28 PM

For all those who have been asking, the wheels are Strada Venti 22x8.5 +40 offset.
Old 02-26-2007, 08:29 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Your mother
You don't know when to stop do you
Old 02-26-2007, 08:35 PM

Hey Jay, when are we gonna go take a dip together??
Old 02-26-2007, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by Machinist
You don't know when to stop do you
Lighen up.
Old 02-27-2007, 02:21 AM

Hey Unfadeable how for do you live from San Marcos? I will be moving there in May and want to meet other Maxima owners, cuz there arent many up here in alaska. And sadly ive prolly done the most to my sixth gen then anyone here...I still have alot to do when i get to Cali. cuz it cost too much to do it here....

BTW im not a fan at all of the colored wheels but i will say that the white on the rims is fckin hot....im prolly gonna step up to 22's also....do you have yours dropped? Mine is so i dont know if 22's will scrap if its dropped.

Peace out,
DRU
Old 02-27-2007, 03:11 AM

Hey Bro...

I'll be honest, I love it but.......yes, unfortunately there's a but

and before we get into the "but" business...

Here's what i like:

1) Wheels: Simply put, Maintains that classy look yet gives the car that sexy attitude . 22's - i like em' - not too raunchy, not too out of place - simply put, design, paint - looks amazing. Good Decision on painting the wheels.

2) Roof Spoiler: Goes In-Line with 07 Bumper & 07 Spoiler. I'm feelin' it - infact, i drive the 07 and it helped me make a decision myself - maybe in the future, i might consider it but sure does look in place with the bumper/rear bumper and spoiler etc.

3) Racing Line Bumper: Personally, I like it and the custom-fogs was a good idea but I prefer Jay's setup as I personally like his angel eye fogs - If you can, in the future do consider them - They'd look sick on your ride.

4) 07 Bumper & Spoiler: Very Good Decision on the 07 Bumper - Definitely gives the car a fuller/sporty appearance. Just get the paint taken care of and you're good to go !

5) Debadging - I do like the look and it makes your car look really clean.

Here's some suggestions that'd give your the full 5 stars it deserves.

1) Side Skirts: Honestly speaking, I don't like them because i personally think they make the car look out of place. If only they were a bit smaller, It'd give the car a more streamlined appearance. Anyhow, Look into it.

2) Grille - If you can, do look into changing your grille. There's better options out there and here's my personal suggestion -

04-06 Nissan Maxima S4 Grille | Price: $210

http://www.activetuning.com/products...I-MX-04S4GRIL/

It'll make the car look in place as everything will be a match and oh, get the grille painted like the rims.

3) Blue Batmobile Tint Overlays, Side Marker Overlays - Consider Them, They just might add more detail to the car.

I guess that'll be all for now. No offence. Everything was said to help improve your car. At the moment, I have to admit it looks beautiful. Congrats with the new mods. Think about what i said and you might end up liking it more. Good Luck !

P.S: I honestly love the wheels, Good Job !
Old 02-27-2007, 05:45 AM
*moderator*

Well there was supposed to be a MCC meet this weekend but it looks like nothing is happening. We'll have to post up soon somewhere!!
Old 02-27-2007, 06:36 AM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

Originally Posted by trance.addict
Hey Bro...

I'll be honest, I love it but.......yes, unfortunately there's a but

and before we get into the "but" business...

Here's what i like:

1) Wheels: Simply put, Maintains that classy look yet gives the car that sexy attitude . 22's - i like em' - not too raunchy, not too out of place - simply put, design, paint - looks amazing. Good Decision on painting the wheels.

2) Roof Spoiler: Goes In-Line with 07 Bumper & 07 Spoiler. I'm feelin' it - infact, i drive the 07 and it helped me make a decision myself - maybe in the future, i might consider it but sure does look in place with the bumper/rear bumper and spoiler etc.

3) Racing Line Bumper: Personally, I like it and the custom-fogs was a good idea but I prefer Jay's setup as I personally like his angel eye fogs - If you can, in the future do consider them - They'd look sick on your ride.

4) 07 Bumper & Spoiler: Very Good Decision on the 07 Bumper - Definitely gives the car a fuller/sporty appearance. Just get the paint taken care of and you're good to go !

5) Debadging - I do like the look and it makes your car look really clean.

Here's some suggestions that'd give your the full 5 stars it deserves.

1) Side Skirts: Honestly speaking, I don't like them because i personally think they make the car look out of place. If only they were a bit smaller, It'd give the car a more streamlined appearance. Anyhow, Look into it.

2) Grille - If you can, do look into changing your grille. There's better options out there and here's my personal suggestion -

04-06 Nissan Maxima S4 Grille | Price: $210

http://www.activetuning.com/products...I-MX-04S4GRIL/

It'll make the car look in place as everything will be a match and oh, get the grille painted like the rims.

3) Blue Batmobile Tint Overlays, Side Marker Overlays - Consider Them, They just might add more detail to the car.

I guess that'll be all for now. No offence. Everything was said to help improve your car. At the moment, I have to admit it looks beautiful. Congrats with the new mods. Think about what i said and you might end up liking it more. Good Luck !

P.S: I honestly love the wheels, Good Job !
This is how constructive feedback should be written!!!
Old 02-27-2007, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by chernmax
This is how constructive feedback should be written!!!
Exactly!!! I can appreciate constructive criticism. I have more in store for my car within the next few weeks, headlights and tailights are defenently next. As long as the people that I look up to in the 6th gen world like (Chernmax, Jsmith, skep, Maxchef, Majestic Max05 etc.) like it than Im proud.
Old 02-28-2007, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by jsmithsole
Well there was supposed to be a MCC meet this weekend but it looks like nothing is happening. We'll have to post up soon somewhere!!

HAHA LOL!!! If i wouldnt have read your comment i would have forgotten about it!
Old 02-28-2007, 04:26 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Looks great!
Old 02-28-2007, 07:35 PM
*moderator*

Maybe we should have a 6th gen mini meet?
Old 02-28-2007, 07:55 PM

too bad i'm to far

Quick Reply: Finally got my stuff back....