6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Maxima Counseling - Almost traded

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 07:48 AM

Maxima Counseling - Almost traded

Guys, I hope I don't dissapoint you on this one.. But, I ALMOST said yes to trading my Max for a used Porsche Cayanne... I do love the truck.. but, you know... I love my Max too.. it's still beautiful and good to me. They of course busted my bubble on the trade in figures, but, I was still tempted... I kinda got this problem of wanting newer cars every 3 years or so.. But, this time, you know, my Max held it's own in my heart. Please help my brain function correctly... As I know these are completely two different vehicles, lots to consider, but, WOW, I'm still thinking about the Cayenne too...
Old 03-05-2007, 07:54 AM

Unless it's a Cayenne TURBO, then it's a waste imo. I never liked the looks of the Porsche SUV. The only reason that they made an SUV is to boost their sales since not too many people were wanting to buy all of their sporty expensive cars. Only benefit with the Porsche is a little more luxury (I see that you have the Elite package, so you have more than the Porsche does in luxury!!!), towing capacity and being able to say "I own a Porsche!"
Old 03-05-2007, 07:58 AM
*moderator*

I usually have the"3 year itch" but not this time!!
Old 03-05-2007, 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by jsmithsole
I usually have the"3 year itch" but not this time!!
I'm sure once you get in the IS500, you'll want it...
Old 03-05-2007, 08:00 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

trade in values

I have a 2005 SE - with 23,500 miles - on a 39 month lease with 14 months remaining - paying $430/month.
Nissan corp wanted $5,700 to terminate the lease early.
Honda dealer gave me $4K less than i owe - $21,000.
Nissan dealer would NOT EVEN make an offer on buying my car - they of course wanted me to trade it - this is the same dealer i bought the car from. Their excuse - unless you have leather - we do not want it - they had a max like mine on the lot for over 100 days.

In the end, i was forced to keep it - love it - just can longer afford it. Unless my financial situation changes - i will not be buying another max -
Old 03-05-2007, 08:06 AM
*moderator*

Originally Posted by !PrjctMax!
I'm sure once you get in the IS500, you'll want it...
You mean the IS-F yes but at least I would've run my car through it's full term!
Old 03-05-2007, 08:08 AM

You mean the IS-F yes but at least I would've run my car through it's full term!
yea that one!
Old 03-05-2007, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by !PrjctMax!
Unless it's a Cayenne TURBO, then it's a waste imo. I never liked the looks of the Porsche SUV. The only reason that they made an SUV is to boost their sales since not too many people were wanting to buy all of their sporty expensive cars. Only benefit with the Porsche is a little more luxury (I see that you have the Elite package, so you have more than the Porsche does in luxury!!!), towing capacity and being able to say "I own a Porsche!"
I was thinking the same as well, It ws not the S or Turbo...

You know, the funny thing about that is, as he was going over the features, I was going behind him saying,

I have that, I have that, I have that.. plus, I have 3 TV screens for the family, Giovanna rims that I love... and the Navigation.
The only thing I hate are the miles I have.. Commuting...

All in ALL, my wife even said, "so you want the Porsche cause of the emblem or what?" "You have more in your car now"
Old 03-05-2007, 08:24 AM
Don't you know who I am?

Originally Posted by lilmyth
I was thinking the same as well, It ws not the S or Turbo...

You know, the funny thing about that is, as he was going over the features, I was going behind him saying,

I have that, I have that, I have that.. plus, I have 3 TV screens for the family, Giovanna rims that I love... and the Navigation.
The only thing I hate are the miles I have.. Commuting...

All in ALL, my wife even said, "so you want the Porsche cause of the emblem or what?" "You have more in your car now"
She's right. I personally think 90% of people who buy Porches is so they can tell people "I drive a porsche".
Old 03-05-2007, 08:31 AM

No matter what car you decide on, your commute won't change..... gas prices going up again..... i'm pretty sure that the max has better mpg then the cayenne...... your WIFE is saying to keep the max..... over the porsche...... lol, i think you should keep it!!

- I think the max has scratched that itch for me.... this one is a keeeeper!

(so i say now.... 7th gen???)
Old 03-05-2007, 08:54 AM

I ALMOST traded in the 04 Max for an 04 G35 coupe but since my wife is due in 7 weeks and we already have a 9 year old daughter, I'm going to wait a while before I decide to trade in the Maxima.

I thought Porsche's were for those with small weenies .....
Old 03-05-2007, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by xavalancheowner
I ALMOST traded in the 04 Max for an 04 G35 coupe but since my wife is due in 7 weeks and we already have a 9 year old daughter, I'm going to wait a while before I decide to trade in the Maxima.

I thought Porsche's were for those with small weenies .....

I don't have either at this point, but, if I were to get the Porsche, I'd just have a Porsche....hahaha
Old 03-05-2007, 01:37 PM

Are we seriously comparing the Nissan Maxima with the Porsche Cayenne? The Cayenne that has enough black ***** in Consumer Reports reliability tables to open up a billiard parlor?

I prefer substance and reliability over image and pretense.

I'm glad your head prevailed over your vanity. Good decision.
Old 03-05-2007, 01:53 PM

Sounds like a maintenance nightmare with the Porsche. Good looking truck, but you'll spend more time at the dealer than enjoyong the road.
Old 03-06-2007, 08:26 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by lightonthehill
Are we seriously comparing the Nissan Maxima with the Porsche Cayenne? The Cayenne that has enough black ***** in Consumer Reports reliability tables to open up a billiard parlor?

I prefer substance and reliability over image and pretense.

I'm glad your head prevailed over your vanity. Good decision.
Well said.
Old 03-07-2007, 05:10 AM

What's that say when these habitual leasee's are saying, "I'm keeping her?"

Lilmyth,
I know what you mean, when you 'consider' trading her and you're behind the salesman thinking, 'Can you show me features that will actually wow me?', I have been there. I really think that is what gave Nissan the heads-up in certain arenas.

My brother in law bought an '07' ES350 (Lexus). He was showing me the features. All in all it is a luxury car in it's truest form. When I went to the dealership to review the car first hand, (so I could offer an informed opinion prior to his buying it), I kept thinking all this, which the Max has more in some area, for almost TEN GRAND MORE? I will skimp on some features and keep the Maxima. Plus if the color isn't right, it truely does look like an old man car.

Keep your baby! On top of everyone telling you 'listen to your wife and your gut', you will get RAPED on trade in figures, which you have already experienced.

Now go for a brisk ride, energize your passion for her (umm....the car, not just the wifey)!
Old 03-07-2007, 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by 4MySwee
What's that say when these habitual leasee's are saying, "I'm keeping her?"

Lilmyth,
I know what you mean, when you 'consider' trading her and you're behind the salesman thinking, 'Can you show me features that will actually wow me?', I have been there. I really think that is what gave Nissan the heads-up in certain arenas.

My brother in law bought an '07' ES350 (Lexus). He was showing me the features. All in all it is a luxury car in it's truest form. When I went to the dealership to review the car first hand, (so I could offer an informed opinion prior to his buying it), I kept thinking all this, which the Max has more in some area, for almost TEN GRAND MORE? I will skimp on some features and keep the Maxima. Plus if the color isn't right, it truely does look like an old man car.

Keep your baby! On top of everyone telling you 'listen to your wife and your gut', you will get RAPED on trade in figures, which you have already experienced.

Now go for a brisk ride, energize your passion for her (umm....the car, not just the wifey)!

Fellas, I have to be honest, I love my car even more now. I appreciate the support. I never dis-liked the Max, it's actually one of, if not the best car I have ever owned overall (meaning, features, FULLY LOADED, adequet power, space, color, you name it, it's got it), I've just had a sudden urge for my dream car, which is a Porsche, no specific reason, just is...

However, I am happy, and yes, I did take it for a nice ride, loved it...
Oh, yeah, I drove the Max too.. loved that as well.. haha
Old 03-07-2007, 08:23 AM
I Donate! Why Don't You?

I read that article yesterday in the magazine too but the IS is a smaller car. Did you guys see the Jeep that beats pretty much every car out there? The one with 600HP!

On topic. I too get an itch here and there but the max wakes me up when the FUJITA dragon awakes.
Old 03-07-2007, 10:44 AM

That Porsche is cool, and if you are getting rid of it in 3 years, maintenance shouldn't be terrible, but I read that they made the Cayenne only to make money to put into the real porsches, if u want an suv, get the X5 4.4 or an escalade or a range rover sport or something, or if u love the porsche, how about a carrera...

Also, it might be just me, but do the cayennes kind of have simliar lines to the hyundai santa fe?
Old 03-07-2007, 11:43 AM
I Donate! Why Don't You?

Not that anybody cares but if I was choosing a SUV it would either be just mentioned X5, FX45 or the Q7 from Audi, man those cars are sexy.
Old 03-07-2007, 11:57 AM

Plus the sound of a FX45
Old 03-07-2007, 12:02 PM

Im prolly gonna trade my max soon but I have no clue what I want..lol. G35 is definately an option but I dont want big payments so il most likely trade for a used 06 or something. Theres not enough new cars that I like or that are in my price range.
Old 03-07-2007, 12:03 PM
I Donate! Why Don't You?

Glude why would you trade 04 for 06 are you having problems? or is it 2006 G you're talking about?
Old 03-07-2007, 12:06 PM
I Donate! Why Don't You?

Originally Posted by OnEBadAsSi30
Plus the sound of a FX45
There is a guy on the forum here, traded max for FX45 (JuJitsuThug) and he modded it a bit and the car looks sweeeeeeeeeeet.
Old 03-07-2007, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by xoomer.com
On topic. I too get an itch here and there but the max wakes me up when the FUJITA dragon awakes.
Tell me about it! I think I scared the Service Manager today. I wanted the SM to hear a popping sound my sunroof makes, so I took him for a spirited drive on the interstate......Jita opened up and I think he wore out the 'Oh Stink bar' on the passenger side.

Whoa Nelly: Your wife know you talk about your car like that?

Quote:
However, I am happy, and yes, I did take it for a nice ride, loved it...
Oh, yeah, I drove the Max too.. loved that as well.. haha
Old 03-07-2007, 07:20 PM

Well glad that you said no to the Porche. Lady in my office bought one about 6 months ago and it has been in and out of the shop about 4 of those months and she has the turbo. Now is you wanna get rid of the max cuz you got an itch then if you find something that is in your budget scratch away my friend. I did!!!!!!
Old 03-08-2007, 08:22 AM
dla

I'm really not feeling the over-under double barrel shotgun look of the exhaust tips on the IS-F. But the rest
Old 03-08-2007, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by xoomer.com
Glude why would you trade 04 for 06 are you having problems? or is it 2006 G you're talking about?
ya, I was talking about a G35. I definately wont be getting back into a max, I need something RWD.